It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawker Hunter crashes at airshow; multiple dead reported

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I have an interest in not crucifying av pilot without facts. It wouldn't matter of he was in a brand new plane or an even older plane. You don't jump to conclusions without evidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Judge, jury, executioner.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This really is silly. There were roadworks there.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Designed to handle after all these decades of stress, wear and corrosion?
These aircraft are inspected before each flight, that I am sure of.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So what? I've seen road construction and people standing next to them plane spotting through a fence. Or watching an air show.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

And many times between flights too. They're very well maintained.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm mortified by your labels. Yawn.

This was an entirely predictable outcome to a dangerous and flashy money making show. I'm blaming the money makers behind this. The pilot is just an attention hungry show off. The victims were innocent and uninvolved.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You know nothing about what happened or who was at fault if anyone. Sometimes an accident is an accident, and innocent people get caught up in it.

It's so predictable that it rarely happens despite thousands of demonstrations every year.
edit on 8/22/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Inspections are only as good as the technology allows. Have you heard about the horizontal cracks in pre-stressing cables in concrete that we now know are not detected by the most advanced methods? It will be the same with aircraft inspections. Positive results don't mean no weaknesses or faults. I've just realised I know one of the top two experts in a certain aircraft component so I better shut up here. Too personal.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The Daimler was full of plane spotters waiting for it to zoom overhead? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No they won't catch everything. Nothing will. But it reduces drastically the chances of something happening. A well maintained aircraft can fly for a long time without problems. But all it takes is once.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Actually it has been established for many years that there is no such thing as an accident. Always there is a point where it starts. This was first published in The Lancet about thirty years ago and has since been accepted by the police. Hence RTC rather than RTA.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I didn't say it was "full of plane spotters" did I? I said I've seen them sitting next to road work. At least two of the people out there were on bicycles. You don't normally see people on bicycles riding along a major roadway like that.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Bad news for the Daimler occupants.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can we stop feeding the troll now and get the thread back on track. Years ago I'm sure there was a button I could press on here that allowed users to block other users posts so you didn't have to read there trolling. Where's that button now?!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's called an accident chain for a reason. Not everything is the fault of a person. I've seen plenty of accidents that couldn't have been seen coming even with the most detailed inspections available.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The possibility that some of the victims were hoping to glimpse the aircraft over the trees seems like clutching at straws.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I'm speaking for the dead. They have no voice now thanks to money making entertainment.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You don't know many plane spotters do you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No, the AAIB speaks for them. You're crucifying a pilot with no evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join