It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend of US servicemen describes terrifying attack on European train

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Neutralizing a threat by killing it? Sounds like two guys i know, Hitler and Stalin.

Worked for them right?

First you were playing devil's advocate...
& I understood your approach...
Now your being slightly ridiculous.

You have no idea what it was like in the heat of the moment.

Did you not read my above post? Or are you picking and choosing what you would like to assume?

I guess my tour of Iraq and Afghanistan did not put me into the heat of the moment either?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I did read it.

& unless the situations were identical (we don't know that) you shouldn't project your experience onto this situation.
edit on 23-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Autocorrect again... Tsk

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I guess my tour of Iraq and Afghanistan did not put me into the heat of the moment either?

Who cares?
Your service is irrelevant, these guys acted in 'their' heat of the moment, a killer got stopped and had a bit of a beating.
Boo hoo, nobody seems to care except you, start a petition to get them arrested on assault charges and see where it gets you lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

While I don't know your life story, I do not see the two experiences as being similar. IF you were a soldier in both wars (my hats off to you and you have my deepest respects) being in the front line in a military situation vs a public train in a NON war situation are not the same.

And all your posts so far are arguing FOR the rights of the terrorist and that the beating he had coming to him was unjust.

In my opinion, I wish someone had summarily executed him. My point is, we DO NOT NEED people like him in our world. He serves no helpful or constructive purpose. His only purpose was to hurt and kill and maim innocent people.

I don't want that - i don't want to run around a train and shoot people. But he did.

Why you continually standing up for him in his "unjustly" beating baffles me.

edit on 23-8-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Neutralizing a threat by killing it? Sounds like two guys i know, Hitler and Stalin.

Worked for them right?

Did you not read my above post? Or are you picking and choosing what you would like to assume?

In the same style as you are using ( to show how childish you appear to others )
You did 2 tours Iraq and Afghanistan, which side were you fighting for ?.
Now back to the real world, if you realty did the tours then go see someone about your PTSD because you are showing signs of it, it explanes a lot and the reason you got the training to disrupt forums

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

A few hand to hand courses of instruction is not going to put you on a level to take down an armed assailant with minimal force.

Basic training will cover the bare minimum, for the skill level you are implying would take months of training, if he has an aptitude for it, or years in most people's case.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's pretty easy to break a couple of arms, especially if you are 3 on 1. Not that I'm saying they did wrong. I'd have beaten the living daylights out of the gunman. And he could have been wired...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

To conclude my debate this evening, for the record to you and everyone else reading, i am NOT defending the man. I am saying it could have happened very differently, yet it didn't. Two of the three men were trained by the military. Once they had the gun they should have known it was game over for him. Yet they stayed on the offensive and one of them was stabbed because of it. The stabbing was preventable just as the shooting was too.

Also I am merely thinking of it as an intelligence standpoint, say they killed the guy ok? That would mean all the knowledge in him is gone and non recoverable. They would lose any knowledge linked to his motives, possible leaders, and perhaps upcoming attacks. That would save more lives in the long run than to execute him on the spot.

Yes my opinions seem a little out there but that does not mean i am sympathetic to him, nor to any other attackers. I am thinking of it in a totally different standpoint than shoot first and ask questions later.

And lastly i do appreciate what they did because they did save lives and did not result in the guy being murdered. But i will still stand by my opinion that they are not my heroes. My definition of a hero differs from most people and i should be entitled to that as you are very entitled to accept them as your heroes.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

To conclude my debate this evening, for the record to you and everyone else reading, i am NOT defending the man. I am saying it could have happened very differently, yet it didn't. Two of the three men were trained by the military. Once they had the gun they should have known it was game over for him. Yet they stayed on the offensive and one of them was stabbed because of it. The stabbing was preventable just as the shooting was too.

Also I am merely thinking of it as an intelligence standpoint, say they killed the guy ok? That would mean all the knowledge in him is gone and non recoverable. They would lose any knowledge linked to his motives, possible leaders, and perhaps upcoming attacks. That would save more lives in the long run than to execute him on the spot.

Yes my opinions seem a little out there but that does not mean i am sympathetic to him, nor to any other attackers. I am thinking of it in a totally different standpoint than shoot first and ask questions later.

And lastly i do appreciate what they did because they did save lives and did not result in the guy being murdered. But i will still stand by my opinion that they are not my heroes. My definition of a hero differs from most people and i should be entitled to that as you are very entitled to accept them as your heroes.

Im very surprised you missed the main point, 3 white unarmed men attack a heavily armed black man intent on killing 100s of men women and children. Thats racism, RACISM, how can we condone this act of racism. There I wrote it for you so you dont have too.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Worked for them right?

Yeah you toured Iraq and afghanistan? Uhmmm BULL CACA...

These guys are the exact definition of Heros..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Less that 24 hours ago, I posted this.......
REMINDER!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Those who continue to ignore this reminder may find themselves temporarily Post Banned.
Additionally,
Trolling, And What To Do About It
Ad Hominem Attacks And You
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm glad they beat the living crap out of him. That scumbag should be dead anyway. He isn't worth the oxygen he's breathing.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Just heard on the radio that the president of France is going to thank them in person, oh and the guy they arrested is now claiming he isn't a terrorist, he just wanted to rob people's cash on the train.
Yeah right.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Just heard on the radio that the president of France is going to thank them in person, oh and the guy they arrested is now claiming he isn't a terrorist, he just wanted to rob people's cash on the train.
Yeah right.

He needed an AK and 7 clips to rob people? Someone please just put him out of our misery..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

He's just gonna get his three meals a day and a bed with a telly.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I have no idea what French prisons are like, but I imagine they are not too pleasant for extremist Islamic killers.
Hopefully at least.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.
What?!
The general consensus here is that 3 unarmed blokes took down a guy who wanted to kill people on a train. Most normal folk kind of understand that, heck the French president is gonna thank them personally.
I don't see any oppressive moderating going on so I don't really understand what you appear to be complaining about?
edit on Sun Aug 23 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bravo!

I love this story and I think they handled it perfectly with the suspect beaten unconscious but alive and hogtied so information can be later extracted. After being confronted by someone who intended to extinguish your life, not tearing him to pieces until dead has to be commended. Unlike US LE that is quick to kill far less armed suspects who were less than lethal threats. Real heroes for a change, not some of the usual media declared fake heroes because they wear a certain uniform or are paid to perform a certain task.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Excellent points also, restraint without harm requires a much higher level of training than normal restraint submission. If you read all the information you will see that one of the guys choked him out. That is actually the humane thing to do so long as you don't kill him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join