It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Christians and Those of Faith

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I think you are holding works as a higher priority than rest. By that I mean that you work when God has determined that your faith has adequately prepared you.

Take Rahhab for example, she didn't wake up on morning and say, "I'm going to do something for God today". No, she saw the Israelite scouts as God's servants and recognized the need to protect them.

The same goes for Abraham. He did wake up and decide to offer up his son for sacrifice. God prompted him to do so, and Abraham responded from a position of faith.

If works were so vital, then where are all of Abraham's works, or those of Rahhab.

If it brings you joy, then volunteer your time to serve others, maybe its your spiritual gift, but recognized that spiritual works are not a trophy to boast about. They come when God asks something of you, not when you decide to do something for God.

Is a friend starving, and you are in a position to offer help? Then do it. Does God put in your heart the desire to volunteer your time? Then do it on faith.

But don't do good works simply because you feel its a prerequisite. That nullifies the spiritual benefit.

The words of a pious person. Amen brother and I agree with you. Forgive me if I sound arrogant and pompous. I could never accomplish what I do without God. God wants us all to be holy priests, according to scripture we are saints, he wants us to wake the dead, heal the physically and mentally sick, to boldly preach the good news.... to do his will..... not ours.

Every word you said I agree with you however my faith comes with works.....but I do not look at it as works....but as a form of worship and praise to my God. It is so easy. Can you see what I am talking about?

Who has God on their mind day and night? Who sings praises to God every day and night? Who studies God's word everyday and night? Who says the Lord's prayer at least once everyday? Who has an intimate relationship with the father, Son (not SUN) and the Holy Spirit? Who has met God face to face? Millions do ...... maybe a billion..... as I.

I can not shut my mouth about God and his kingdom. Believe me.....I have tried...... it is not a curse......it feels like an order from him but done is the most loving way. Everyday and I mean everyday I beg God that his will be done and if I am found righteous in his eyes than let me do his will in my daily life. Sometimes it scares me the boldness and confidence he has given me. I must watch that my pride does not grow and stay humble .... otherwise I will loose what God has given me. I thank God that I am not materialistic. Money is nothing more than a tool. It is a shame that many worship money.

I ask all my brothers and sisters to keep me humble. Remind me that I am no better than anyone else. This power can go to your head very easy..... and I fight pride daily......I do..... I just want EVERYONE to know that we are ALL capable of doing these feats.

I love you brother, pray for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I hope my reply didn't come off as critical. I've been to Churches that elevated the works of the flesh over the works of faith. They twist semantics to establish their doctrines. Those churches are dangerous: possibly millions of people who believe that they contributed good works to their salvation, and in the end they aren't saved at all.

This is why I make it a point to clarify these issues. Every time. Its not what we can do for God, its what we allow God to do through us according to His timing.

In whatever you do, use 1john 1:9. Confess your sins to God the Father in the privacy of your soul, and the Holy Spirit will guide you according to God's will....it is a function of our Royal Priesthood in Christ, as we are all Believer-Priests

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I hope my reply didn't come off as critical. I've been to Churches that elevated the works of the flesh over the works of faith. They twist semantics to establish their doctrines. Those churches are dangerous: possibly millions of people who believe that they contributed good works to their salvation, and in the end they aren't saved at all.

This is why I make it a point to clarify these issues. Every time. Its not what we can do for God, its what we allow God to do through us according to His timing.

In whatever you do, use 1john 1:9. Confess your sins to God the Father in the privacy of your soul, and the Holy Spirit will guide you according to God's will....it is a function of our Royal Priesthood in Christ, as we are all Believer-Priests

Concerning the church (believers) I think we should be critical and even rebuke our brothers and sisters so they don't fall into darkness and get lost. Sometimes we need to help them back onto the path that leads to our Father.

I know many Christians as you probably know and many look to the pulpit instead of what God is trying to tell them. Many Christians are not who they say they are but frauds and I can understand those atheist and agnostic people who do not trust your standard Christian. Hell is full of preachers and so called "Christians". We know these people are not Christian but others see it as Christianity being nothing more than other faiths and it is not. The only way to the Father is through the Son and there is NO other way. This is the only way and many can not see this BUT it takes much more than simple belief and acceptance of Jesus. Did not Jesus say:

Matthew 7: 21-23 : 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

WOW what a powerful statement! People expelling unclean spirits in his name but yet they can not enter. Is it the will of God to sit on our butts and say......Oh....I believe and have faith.....really. Did not Jesus talk about faith on more than one occasion? I love his words about faith:

Matthew 17.20 - He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

So I wonder about those who sit on their butts and think simply because they believe in Christ that they have a guaranteed place in heaven yet he rejected those who actually worked hard in freeing those possessed are being refused entry. It takes a strong belief to expel an unclean spirit... try it sometime..... not as easy it it sounds.... it takes much more than saying I have faith in God and his son.....blah blah blah...... You know what I mean?

EDIT LATER:

Let me ask you, what do you think God wants you to do? Please be specific. Not anyone ...... just you? What has God asked from you? Do you do God's will?

Can you move a mountain? What about something much more simple..... have you healed the sick? What about prophesizing, or saving ONE single soul? Have you found that lost sheep and brought it back to the herd?

It is easy to "talk the talk" but can you "walk the walk"?

Are you willing to give your life for your beliefs? Are you willing to watch your children being slaughtered due to your beliefs?

Tough questions for anyone to answer.

Can you hear God's voice when he talks to you?

God bless you.

edit on 22-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The knee-jerk rection has been wasted.

No, it hasn't.

Take your hogwash somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
You are welcome to debate (on-topic) on any of my threads.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

God has given me the ability to understand and interpret prophecies, both biblical and from modern prophets. He has shown me how to discern false prophets from the true prophets, and He has given me the ability to understand the mysteries in His word...mysteries that the church still teaches incorrectly.

His desire is to lead me to my maturity potential so that I might reign as a king-priest in the millennium. In all honesty, that is His desire for all of us.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a mystery, but the glory of kings to seek it out."

I work in the medical field and do my best to make it affordable (within legal boundaries) to those who need help.

Im not a humanitarian or even a good person. I just study the word of the Lord and try to apply it in my life.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

WOW not much I can say about your post. I wanted to expand on it but once you brought your god Satan into the picture well... at least you are not sitting on the fence. You have made your decision who you accept and worship.

i was being facetious. a private chuckle to help myself not take the subject so seriously.

for your information, i worship no one and no thing. worship is an unhealthy practice not far removed from the days of making sacrifices to the sun gods. one can respect without debasing themselves, appreciate without indenturing themselves, and love without obsessing themselves. and yet in these cases, it seems that debasing and indenturing and obsessing are the only forms of veneration worth pursuing. i find that...perturbing.

Maybe one day after you realize that Satan (Lucifer) has always hated you and wants only one thing from you.....to suffer and die....maybe you will change your mind. There is still time for you and I would suggest you reconsider your decision.

i dont actually believe in satan. i do however believe in the human capacity for projecting its fears onto easy targets.

Praise to Yahweh, Yeshua and the Holy Spirit. May God show mercy for you. He really loves you and wants only the best for you.

im not a cultist, but thanks for your consideration. i also noticed that you failed to address the vast majority of my post. did matthew 6 ring a bell at all?
edit on 22-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Here's my debate salvo...

It's hogwash.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For some reason I get the feeling when reading your post you are setting yourself upon a pedestal looking down on others asking if they are as "good" as you.

You call everyone a brother or this just what you call someone who shares the same religious beliefs as you?

There are many ways to get home.

See ya there.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
so please keep Your truth far from others... cos if it is TRUTH it will come to them automatically...

What if ALL of us decided to not say anything and keep things to ourselves?

What would the world be like if everyone who had ever lived remained silent out of fear?

If you were standing next to someone in the street and you see a truck heading right at them would you remain silent and hope that the 'truth will come to them automatically'?

Of course not, you would probably tackle them to get them out of harms way...

How much do you have to hate somebody in order to remain politically 'correct'?

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? ~ Penn Jillette

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Say, if I write a few books with a dozen of folks across a few centuries, speakin in metaphor, putting numbers and stuff in it, could I just follow this new religion and switch my brain to off too?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My brothers and sisters I had dream of a building where we would sing songs of praise and pray but that was cut short by black figures killing people, I wrestled with the black entity and he wanted me to renounce my faith but I managed to slay the entity and all of a sudden I was standing on ledge overlooking a large group of people and they where waiting for to pray and so I did and a gust of wind hit the people and fell to their knees and cried.

So the dream went on and yeshau came to me and he showed me a dark world with no light, as I walked with him he showed my wife sitting in a hole and we sat beside her and he was talking with her but she stood up and turned away. Than he showed me myself dressed in the whitest garments and a young body and my wife was standing in the dark holding a child in her arms and holding him back. The child wanted to come with me but she would not let him and all the while the child cried how beautiful.

The first part of the dream is the coming persecution and the second part of the dream is about the great falling away and brother against brother and the hindering of God children, Times are indeed dark and God bless and keep you all.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
For some reason I get the feeling when reading your post you are setting yourself upon a pedestal looking down on others asking if they are as "good" as you.

You call everyone a brother or this just what you call someone who shares the same religious beliefs as you?

There are many ways to get home.

See ya there.

Hi

I wished you would look at this differently...... I want EVERYONE to do the same thing......actually better and bigger than me. I want you and everyone else to jump on the bandwagon and join in. Watch what your faith can do other that talk about it. There is plenty to do for all faith filled believers. I want this message to make you think. I want this message to touch your heart (I guess it didn't)

and there is only one path to get home and it clearly states this in the holy bible so whoever told you this lie that there is more than one path needs to be corrected.

I guess I will not be seeing at home if you believe there are many paths to the one true creator and his family.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Very powerful post....and true.

I like your style.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorOfLight96
My brothers and sisters I had dream of a building where we would sing songs of praise and pray but that was cut short by black figures killing people, I wrestled with the black entity and he wanted me to renounce my faith but I managed to slay the entity and all of a sudden I was standing on ledge overlooking a large group of people and they where waiting for to pray and so I did and a gust of wind hit the people and fell to their knees and cried.

So the dream went on and yeshau came to me and he showed me a dark world with no light, as I walked with him he showed my wife sitting in a hole and we sat beside her and he was talking with her but she stood up and turned away. Than he showed me myself dressed in the whitest garments and a young body and my wife was standing in the dark holding a child in her arms and holding him back. The child wanted to come with me but she would not let him and all the while the child cried how beautiful.

The first part of the dream is the coming persecution and the second part of the dream is about the great falling away and brother against brother and the hindering of God children, Times are indeed dark and God bless and keep you all.

Amen brother!

Love your testimony and dream. To me I see that dream came to from heaven as a warning. Clearly you are a watcher and possibly a prophet. What does the end times say in the Bible? In those days many will prophesize! Start fine tuning your gift, remain bold, Keep you faith and spread the word. Tell your pastor and friends.

God bless you.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You do not get it... i was actually despicable to the OP. sorry.
i am just tired of people who finding interesting to be part of LIE. and sad part is that it is most of You xx

You are after language and how words are put together cos You are missing opinion.

L. King was right... but i don't think You really understand what he was talking about...
next time use some cartoons xx

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo
Please don't disregard the possibility that you might just be the one who does not get it...

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

As long as one remains blind to the fact that religion and God are opposed to one another, things will never make sense.

Stop focusing all of your attention on the counterfeit and start looking at the genuine instead.

Counterfeits only exist when there IS a genuine in fact.

Sure, religion is a massive mind control weapon.

But what one MUST realize is that the entire purpose behind that weapon is to keep the truth buried and hidden.

This is TPTB's primary focus, to keep you from finding the truth.

By disregarding the truth, you are only allowing religion to control you and steer you away from the truth.

Best way I have found to learn about this is by studying the lives of those who have seen and experienced firsthand both the counterfeit and the genuine.

Some examples:

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez, ex-Shaman Priest Sem Faet and ex-Satanist Kirk Martin.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello, I have a bachelor degree in Bible & Theology and I am currently in seminary working on a Masters degree in Ministry & Leadership
So the sabbath is on Saturday...you think God opened his calendar and said "alright, today is Sunday, the beginning of the week, time to start making that universe" then rested on Saturday? Not only is God beyond our time and space dimensions but the days of the week are a man made conception...actually a pagan conception as the days of the week are named after greek/roman gods...
This is about being hot or cold towards God? So I think you are assuming, like I once did, that the verse in question somehow assumes that God would rather have you for him or against him, hot or cold, than lukewarm? It's easy to interpret this verse in this manner, as we tend to think of acting cold towards someone as acting like you are against them, but that is a modern western interpretation. The verse has to do with the geography of the area.

To the Church in Laodicea 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

Laodicea was a wealthy city that had two interesting cities nearby, one city had hot springs known for healing and relaxation, and another city in the hills had ice cold mineral springs in which healing salves were made....Though Laodicea was rich, it was "lukewarm" it was neither hot, giving life and rest to the weary, or cold likewise giving life and health to the sick...

Laodicea is so much like we are today, we are "rich" yet inside we are spiritually dead, we do not give life, we do not give rest to those around us, we do not heal those in need...we are lukewarm and tepid. We dress well and eat well, but make posts on ATS arguing that the sabbath is really on one day vs another

oh and JWs are a cult

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I see a system of rules and regulations and governments explained in biblical terms - in it's old testament - the one to which Christ testified as being an approved part of.

ATS doesn't agree on a number of fronts regarding rules, regulations, allowances and exceptions - so you will find no shortage of arguments to and for the two sides of the coin. Decisions taken one way or another.

As for the different religions - I have tried some of them - and I find that their variations of theme might do well to understand.

I believe that religion, based on books were a means to establish understanding for those of the intended audience - an understanding that was guidance primarily for rulers of state - but also to their minions.

I see no exclusivity that is claimable by bible - it is a guide by which the pharisees of Jesus' time swore by and they were wrong on many a front. You can still be wrong swearing by the bible.

Instead, I see a change of heart that is to be advocated - that is what Christ stood for. So, there are many who do not understand the bible, but are able to understand justice and what is right - even the Samaritans were taught by Christ without condemnation - but, a system of rules and regulations again - a framework, if you will, is what Christ advocated for - this is what I understand.

After all, Christ himself says that it is not for titles that the greatest must work for, rather, the greatest is the servant of all - and truth - it is in the eye of the beholder - not the ones who claim to work for Christ but don't.

Hence, the rule of faith with works.

Yet, there are those who will quote the thief on the cross - yet, he put his belief in Christ - someone who was righteous unto God by faith - so, he had a change of heart - and it is never too late.

Yet, what is described in the second coming - revelation, is that there *is* a time limit. That God's justice is not infinitely flexible in waiting for people to do what is right.

All discourses are based in time - and in a physical world - there is nothing "perfect" about it - because perfection is undescribable - yet, it is a system that people should be able to reasonably follow - it has boundaries - and that is realistic.

No one can claim to understand perfectly, except Christ - no one is allowed to say "I am he". Yet, all who follow Christ are in fact *trying* to understand - at least those who have endeavoured to follow the rules. It isn't a hard and fast understanding - it is one that is muddled through. We "hope" to have understanding of what was meant by scripture - it is a requirement for survival to and through the "end times".

We look to be going through just such a period of time (somewhat along the descriptions of Isaiah towards the beginings of revelation). I do feel that we may find an or some individuals who are much better at leadership than others... especially, when it comes to times of trouble - at the moment, we claim to be Christians, under the leadership of our nations - so were Christians at the time of the Roman Empire - but, they rebelled to the point of death too - there are lines that are drawn when it comes to knowing what is "right" versus "wrong".

Just like any system a group of workers/soldiers fight for - they should know what the rules they fight for are. Their passion for the "system", they advocate, is the grown by the strength of their bonds to the people they fight for.

Eventually, a test will arrive in which Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc... have all found themselves altogether without the current leaders - (at least that is what I surmise from the way things are being run by our current leaders - I assisted them in achieving that, if you will believe that) - so that people will once again figure out what it means to call each other brother and sister and do what is right to provide the strength of those who repel the assault on the gates.

Let "wisdom be justified by her children".

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

in my experience, the greatest wisdom is also the most quiet.

there is something to be taken from that.
edit on 26-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join