It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Christians and Those of Faith

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

you said:

Don't get me wrong, this isn't an attack on you. If you have faith, then more power to you. It's the picking and choosing of parts of the bible and ignoring the rest all the while declaring yourself holier than thou and making people feel like worthless pieces of crap. It's these consistencies that drove me away from the church at as an adolescent as I just couldn't wrap my head around the lack of logic that persist in Christianity.

I understand but according to the teachings in the NT

I am to be holy and I am also a saint!

Praise God!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

It is a shame you don't live by these words.

You can copy and paste.......but you can't walk the walk.

Can you?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Can you?

Lets see.... I have expelled many unclean spirits and healed the sick - only because God has given me the authority to do so according to the teachings of the bible and I don't see non believers doing this, are they?

So I guess in the eyes of God ..... yes I am. He tells me I am so I believe him.

So what about you? Have you healed the sick through a miraculous supernatural healing or expelled a demon?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Can you?

Lets see.... I have expelled many unclean spirits and healed the sick - only because God has given me the authority to do so according to the teachings of the bible and I don't see non believers doing this, are they?

So I guess in the eyes of God ..... yes I am. He tells me I am so I believe him.

So what about you? Have you healed the sick through a miraculous supernatural healing or expelled a demon?

No I cant say I have, I try to keep my sorcery in check.

How about you? Have you committed genocide on a nation lately? The bible says you should.

SAMUEL 12:3

“Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I say pay attention to the book of Revelation...because the first 5 trumpets have sounded...and a lot of people are not aware of it.

(1st Trumpet) World War One

(2nd Trumpet) Atomic Bomb one Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan

(3rd Trumpet) Chernobyl (happened 04-26-1986)

(4th Trumpet) Global Dimming...planet grows darker as sunshine diminishes

(5th Trumpet) Saddam Hussein...Kuwait in 1990-1991 set several hundred oil wells on fire; smoke filled the air; sky tuned to blackness; lasted for 10 months; sun and moon often could not be seen.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Really?

Proselytizing on ATS? Aren't there things like churches? Street corners?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I say pay attention to the book of Revelation...because the first 5 trumpets have sounded...and a lot of people are not aware of it.

(1st Trumpet) World War One

(2nd Trumpet) Atomic Bomb one Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan

(3rd Trumpet) Chernobyl (happened 04-26-1986)

(4th Trumpet) Global Dimming...planet grows darker as sunshine diminishes

(5th Trumpet) Saddam Hussein...Kuwait in 1990-1991 set several hundred oil wells on fire; smoke filled the air; sky tuned to blackness; lasted for 10 months; sun and moon often could not be seen.

What about world war 2? Was that a trombone???

Oh come, on C, that is highly selective and subjective. I wonder what tune all the trumpet notes will make when put together on the musical staff?
Haha! That would be one serious Apocalyptic Tune. You want to hear what Angels sound like when they play jazz???

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I can think of two. Jesus and maybe Billy Graham. I once read that Billy Graham would not even get on an elevator with a woman alone. He acknowledged that he was not special protected behind blind faith. Just as fallible as the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Can you?

How about you? Have you committed genocide on a nation lately? The bible says you should.

“Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

So this is sorcery, huh?

That is close to what the Pharisees and Sadducees said about the healings Jesus preformed which is by the way attempting to explain a miraculous cure/miracle from God as sorcery is blasphemy of God's spirit which is the only unforgivable sin mentioned in the bible. I hope you did not just commit this sin and I don't think you did because you did not witness the miracle.

The Pharisees and Sadducees did witness God miracles and said it was the work of the devil and this is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The one true unforgivable sin.

EDIT LATER: So I caution everyone - if you witness a real miracle don't open your mouth and spew out something that you might later regret. Blasphemy against God's spirit (the Holy Spirit) by witnessing his miraculous powers and saying it is the work of the devil will not be forgiven.
edit on 22-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

WW2...Trumpet number 2...believe or don't believe...many have been told today...peace out.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Proselytizing on ATS? Aren't there things like churches? Street corners?

a) This thread was specifically addressed to Christians and those with faith.
The whole point of "proselytising" is that it is addressed to non-Christians and those without faith.
Therefore this is not proselytising. The knee-jerk rection has been wasted.

b) The Theology etc forum on ATS was designed for people who like theology to discuss theology amongst themselves, just as the automobile forum was designed for people who like automobiles to discuss automobiles among themselves.
They will continue doing it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You help as you are called to. Sometimes the example is enough.

Perhaps being unafraid to come to places like this and speak up is where we are called.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Since I fully accepted Jesus into my heart, I have shared what I believe with many people. I have crossed the boundaries at work to share my faith with others even though it is taboo.

However I am an introvert by nature, so I struggle with talking to strangers about anything. Since I know my weakness I simply try to smile, hold open doors, or do whatever little thing I might be able to do that is loving.

And the gift of physical healing is not a gift that was given to me by the Holy Spirit. The bible says that different gifts come to different people. Unless the Holy Spirit gives me the gift of healing I don't presume I should try and heal the sick of their physical ailments.

But when I encounter those who are sick, either here on ATS or elsewhere I do try to share words of encouragement that are healing to the Spirit.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You help as you are called to. Sometimes the example is enough.

Perhaps being unafraid to come to places like this and speak up is where we are called.

AMEN brother!

Wait a second are you a guy or a gal?

Either way..... AMEN.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Can you?

So this is sorcery, huh?

That is close to what the Pharisees and Sadducees said about the healings Jesus preformed which is by the way attempting to explain a miraculous cure/miracle from God as sorcery is blasphemy of God's spirit which is the only unforgivable sin mentioned in the bible. I hope you did not just commit this sin and I don't think you did because you did not witness the miracle.

The Pharisees and Sadducees did witness God miracles and said it was the work of the devil and this is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The one true unforgivable sin.

EDIT LATER: So I caution everyone - if you witness a real miracle don't open your mouth and spew out something that you might later regret. Blasphemy against God's spirit (the Holy Spirit) by witnessing his miraculous powers and saying it is the work of the devil will not be forgiven.

In Harry Potter, also a fictional book of wonderment, Gilderoy Lockhart used the spell Brackium Emendo and a wand to heal Harry when he was injured during a Quidditch match.

In the bible, Jesus used the word of God and his hands to heal people.

Tomato, tomäto I guess.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Since I fully accepted Jesus into my heart, I have shared what I believe with many people. I have crossed the boundaries at work to share my faith with others even though it is taboo.

However I am an introvert by nature, so I struggle with talking to strangers about anything. Since I know my weakness I simply try to smile, hold open doors, or do whatever little thing I might be able to do that is loving.

And the gift of physical healing is not a gift that was given to me by the Holy Spirit. The bible says that different gifts come to different people. Unless the Holy Spirit gives me the gift of healing I don't presume I should try and heal the sick of their physical ailments.

But when I encounter those who are sick, either here on ATS or elsewhere I do try to share words of encouragement that are healing to the Spirit.

This is fantastic. It takes a lot nerve to share the gospel even with family and friends who are harder on us than total strangers.

I know you have changed peoples lives for the better and this is what it is all about.

Your heart is in the right place. I see great things coming from you. Continue your walk with God and NEVER forget his love for you...... a true agape love.

You are special, and you are humble and meek!

Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Psalm 25:13 - They will spend their days in prosperity, and their descendants will inherit the land.

God bless you and your family.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Can you?

So this is sorcery, huh?

In Harry Potter, also a fictional book of wonderment, Gilderoy Lockhart used the spell Brackium Emendo and a wand to heal Harry when he was injured during a Quidditch match.

In the bible, Jesus used the word of God and his hands to heal people.

Tomato, tomäto I guess.

Actually you make a VERY good point. There are many people who practice occult and other religions that can and do heal but there is one BIG difference. Their healings are temporary ONLY. The cure fades away in days, weeks or months causing the person to not only re-live the sickness but in a harder more painful way. One of voodoo's favorite ways to make money.

Only Jesus has the power for a permanent healing without making payment to any gods or devils. He is the only one who was given this authority and he gives it freely to his disciples.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A righteous coward is still a coward. And I will call anyone coward who doesn't fight for their freedom. Burn the white flag. This isn't about our relationship with god, but with each other. We spend so much time looking up we don't realize how divided we have become as kin. Putting the emphasis on god is just a distraction. That's what you are doing here, distracting us from the real problems here on earth. Matthew 6 tells us that faith is not a badge to be flaunted in the street, but a channel to be enjoyed quietly in your own quarters. It's not a trophy, don't treat it like one. Vanity, pride, a Christian needs not these things.

I've said my piece. Hail Satan.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think you are holding works as a higher priority than rest. By that I mean that you work when God has determined that your faith has adequately prepared you.

Take Rahhab for example, she didn't wake up on morning and say, "I'm going to do something for God today". No, she saw the Israelite scouts as God's servants and recognized the need to protect them.

The same goes for Abraham. He did wake up and decide to offer up his son for sacrifice. God prompted him to do so, and Abraham responded from a position of faith.

If works were so vital, then where are all of Abraham's works, or those of Rahhab.

If it brings you joy, then volunteer your time to serve others, maybe its your spiritual gift, but recognized that spiritual works are not a trophy to boast about. They come when God asks something of you, not when you decide to do something for God.

Is a friend starving, and you are in a position to offer help? Then do it. Does God put in your heart the desire to volunteer your time? Then do it on faith.

But don't do good works simply because you feel its a prerequisite. That nullifies the spiritual benefit.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
A righteous coward is still a coward. And I will call anyone coward who doesn't fight for their freedom. Burn the white flag. This isn't about our relationship with god, but with each other. We spend so much time looking up we don't realize how divided we have become as kin. Putting the emphasis on god is just a distraction. That's what you are doing here, distracting us from the real problems here on earth. Matthew 6 tells us that faith is not a badge to be flaunted in the street, but a channel to be enjoyed quietly in your own quarters. It's not a trophy, don't treat it like one. Vanity, pride, a Christian needs not these things.

I've said my piece. Hail Satan.

WOW not much I can say about your post. I wanted to expand on it but once you brought your god Satan into the picture well... at least you are not sitting on the fence. You have made your decision who you accept and worship.

Maybe one day after you realize that Satan (Lucifer) has always hated you and wants only one thing from you.....to suffer and die....maybe you will change your mind. There is still time for you and I would suggest you reconsider your decision.

Praise to Yahweh, Yeshua and the Holy Spirit. May God show mercy for you. He really loves you and wants only the best for you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join