It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Christians and Those of Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have a message I want to share. What better day to discuss Christianity than on the Sabbath! For those who do not know... Saturday is the Sabbath and not Sunday. I welcome everyone to this thread. I recently just left a thread asking what is Christianity and of course I gave them my opinion but more importantly I was shown to give you this message. I would like to do this without always have to quote book, chapter and verse of the bible but due to the importance of this clear message I must. I hope that God’s spirit touches you with this message.

God's word can be interpreted and twisted to make everyone’s opinion to be correct. Just like a lawyer… one on each side showing PROOF why their side is right…litigation at its sickest. I can take any statement and twist its meaning and I see both Christian and non Christians often do this here at ATS with God’s word but that is not what the thread is about it is about either being HOT or COLD towards God.

A brother recently told me that it takes faith to be saved….true and I totally agree with him but faith is a large word (mustard seed issue in the bible) how very small it is yet once planted it grows and grows….. that is what faith is about, right? So how can we have our faith grow? Reading God’s word… of course! Is there other ways? YES. Lets take a look at ONE.

First I want to start off with the words of Jesus:

Mark 16:15 - He (Jesus) said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

Have you Christians been doing this? Have you been preaching the good news? Not for a day or two … have you preached the Gospel to all creation?

What about those in prisons and in the hospitals?

Hebrews 13:3 - “Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. “

Of course Jesus speaks of this as well - Matthew 25:36-39.

So when was the last time you visited a total stranger in the hospital? What about in prison?

Let me hear your testimonies. Today testify and tell us what your FAITH has done for you and a total stranger.

What about healing the sick? Do you think healing the sick died off when the Apostles died? Well it hasn’t and you as a Christian should know this.

So when was it the last time you healed someone?

I ask you where is your faith? Simply sitting on your butt and saying you believe is not either HOT or COLD sounds more like WARM to me. What was it that Jesus said about this?

Revelation 3:15-16 - 15- I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Now without judging my brothers and sisters I must say I often see this right here on ATS.

If you have faith your heart will ache to talk about the Gospel, you will ache when you see the sick and dying, you will ache when you see the poor and destitute and the same for those lost souls in prisons.

So again I ask you where is your faith?

Where is your website preaching the wonderful things about the Gospel?

On what street corner are you healing the sick?

On what street corner, mall, strip club or brothel are you sharing the Gospel at?

Matthew 28:19 - “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,…”

You allege to be Christian so tell me about your most recent discussion on the street not about the one as you sat on your fat butt sitting behind a monitor. (no pune intended….. I am quite chubby myself)

I know many have one or two full time jobs, families you have to take care of but yet you find time for yourself, right? Watch TV, surf the net, ….. visit good ole ATS, right?

You can not find time...... oh…… what about maybe one hour a week? OK how about one hour a month to talk to total strangers about the Gospel, heal the sick or visit a stranger in the hospital or maybe prison because YOUR LORD told you to do this. So are you doing it?

Here comes the JW jokes......
JW don't believe in healing. Another thread not now.

The first time I tried to heal someone ….. man it was a joke. I was actually laughed at and when I look back at it I too laugh! I wish someone would have taped it! BUT did I stop? Nope….. kept on going doing my thing…… exercising my faith and then came the first healing…what? when back in 55 AD? NO….. 2014.

Years ago when I expelled my first unclean spirit from someone, it worked first time…wow! It worked and do you know why these things work?

Matthew 10:1 - Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Mark 16:17-18 - And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

John 14:13 - Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

James 5:15 - And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

James 5:14-16 - Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

and to top off this thread..........

James 2:14-26 - 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

So again I ask you how is your faith?

Are you HOT or COLD because if you are one of those warm Christians I suggest you make up your mind and choose, then get off your butt and get to work finding those lost sheep and bringing them back to the herdsman.

YOU ARE AWESOME - GOD LOVES YOU

edit on 8/22/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

God love you, you'll be slaughtered here.

But I admire your spirit and your soul.

Faith is a beautiful thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You got my Star and Flag for opening with "Saturday is the Sabbath..."
Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

LOL

I know but I hope this message reaches out and touches someone enough to try one more time. To get on their knees and give up......surrender.......wave the white flag! Give your life to God and his son. Watch miracles happen in your daily life! God wants to help you (not you Beezer I see God is with you) and he will help but you must give up and stop trying to live a life without God in it. He keeps his word.

I love you man!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
One talent gradually accumulating

Brother, I read your threads religiously.

I know you...... you walk with God. It can be easily seen in your words.

I know you hear God's voice.

I need your teachings like food and water.

I await your next teaching.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I would question what you have just written.

Is Faith a beautiful thing when it deceives, blind faith?

Is Faith beautiful when only expressed by a Christian?

Is it not just as beautiful when expressed for Allah and M?

Yet those who do not have Faith are they less beautiful than the ones who do have Faith?

Faith in what? Faith in something we have never seen, heard, smelled, touched or tasted.

Here another guy on ATS saying all ye Christians come together. Anyone can say that any time, but it has no real meaning. The OP is even so pedantic they care about which day the Sabbath falls on. Like it must be a sin if it is Sunday, only Saturday is cool. Already the dogma beast has entered the room.

Christ said look out that many will come and say, "here I am".

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

WOW.... you read my mind. I think I will join you. Like my dad always said, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Well, how about a Sabbath Rhetorical? Seeing that We won't have the Bernstein BarMitzvah or the Cohen Wedding to interrupt... ready?

You're on trial for being a Chris†ian? Is there enough evidence to be found 'guilty'?

Why You ponder that I think I'll finish off My latkes...

Have a day! (if I would've typed 'good' that would take a judgement. Maybe our 'bad' and 'good' differ??.. )

namaste

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm sure as a good Christian you of course kill people for working on the Sabbath.

Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

I'm sure you also stone children for being unruly.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I'm sure you are also happy when tax time rolls around because Jesus commands you to pay taxes to the state.

Mark 12:17 Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him.

If a person doesn't do these things can they really be called a Christian? After all Christians are commanded to follow the teachings of Jesus and to follow the laws of Moses.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thing is calling yourself Christian doesn't mean you are a good person.
I don't care If you are a Christian, Muslim, Monkeyist or taoist as long as you are a decent good person.
God doesn't either.
But as always praise be to the monkey god just because.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The only thing wrong with Christianity is christians. Faith, christian, once good concepts that now are just words that people use to cover their true intentions.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
I'm sure as a good Christian you of course kill people for working on the Sabbath.

Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

I'm sure you also stone children for being unruly.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I'm sure you are also happy when tax time rolls around because Jesus commands you to pay taxes to the state.

Mark 12:17 Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him.

If a person doesn't do these things can they really be called a Christian? After all Christians are commanded to follow the teachings of Jesus and to follow the laws of Moses.

What a weak attempt to destroy a faith. Let me guess you are a bible expert or maybe you have never picked one up and read it from front to back? Many here at ATS use this poor example and I will tear it down with one verse that Jesus said, do you know it? Tell me....

So if I answer the question will you slack off? Probably not so here goes anyway.

Basically some of the things you have said are true.....

Have you also forgotten we are to obey our governments and its laws?

This is also in the bible but you did not know this otherwise you would not have said those silly things which can NOT no longer be done due to government and its laws.
edit on 22-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
The only thing wrong with Christianity is christians. Faith, christian, once good concepts that now are just words that people use to cover their true intentions.

So you have judged all of Christianity as a whole, huh?

Is it possible there might be ONE person in Christianity that does not fall within your expert judgement?

Because if there is......your whole statement is a lie.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What a weak attempt to destroy a faith.

No attempt to destroy it just pointing out the hypocrisy of the pick and choose Christians.

Let me guess you are a bible expert or maybe you have never picked one up and read it from front to back? Many here at ATS use this poor example and I will tear it down with one verse that Jesus said, do you know it?

Actually I've read it several times it was a requirement of the church I attended when I was a child. One verse? Funny I count three I can do wayyy more if you want.

Actually Christians are commanded to follow the governments that are put in place by God.

Romans 13:1–4
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.

In America our government isn't put in place by God but rather by man. So are Christians required to follow the laws of the state? Technically no they are not.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is the kind of crap that drives me crazy about Christianity. It's the hypocrisy of the whole situation.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't an attack on you. If you have faith, then more power to you. It's the picking and choosing of parts of the bible and ignoring the rest all the while declaring yourself holier than thou and making people feel like worthless pieces of crap. It's these consistencies that drove me away from the church at as an adolescent as I just couldn't wrap my head around the lack of logic that persist in Christianity.

I can quote bible verses as well and I bet a lot of Christians don't follow these yet still call themselves True Christians:

James 5:14

Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up

How many Christians go to the doctor instead of the church when they are sick? Better yet, how many Christian doctors do we have out there?

1st Corinthians 14:34

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak.

You don't see that happening in church these days.

James 5:1-5

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted… Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will… consume your flesh like fire. You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

How many super rich Christian evangelist do we have out there? Rich Christian politicians telling the US that GOD was the one telling them to run for president and what not.

1st Peter 3:3

You should not use outward aids to make yourselves beautiful, such as the way you fix your hair, or the jewelry you put on, or the dresses you wear.

How many women these days like to get all gussied up before heading into church to establish dominance in their social scene?

Matthew 5:29

So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away.

Last time I checked, Josh Duggar still had his eyes.

Matthew 5:30

And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.

Quick! Let's do a hand check.

Matthew 5:34

Don’t swear an oath at all.

Isn't it the bible that folks use to to swear an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Matthew 6:19

Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.
How many Christians have fat retirement funds?

Matthew 5:32

Whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

How many Christians are on their second or third marriages? I forgot though, it's the gay's that ruin the sanctity of marriage.

Luke 14:26

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters… he cannot be My disciple.

Have you told your family how much you hate them today?

I guess you could call me cold towards God.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Silly boy. Don't you know that as long as a woman is married, she must remain faithful to her husband, but if her husband dies, she is free to be married to another.
Romans 7

3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

What a weak attempt to destroy a faith.

No attempt to destroy it just pointing out the hypocrisy of the pick and choose Christians.

Let me guess you are a bible expert or maybe you have never picked one up and read it from front to back? Many here at ATS use this poor example and I will tear it down with one verse that Jesus said, do you know it?

Actually I've read it several times it was a requirement of the church I attended when I was a child. One verse? Funny I count three I can do wayyy more if you want.

Actually Christians are commanded to follow the governments that are put in place by God.

Romans 13:1–4
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.

In America our government isn't put in place by God but rather by man. So are Christians required to follow the laws of the state? Technically no they are not.

ALL governments are in place because God has allowed them however soon enough his son will return and set up a worldwide monarchy system.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
...oh Jesus.
i just open ATS and and read this post first.

OP the only one who made sense on this first page of Your tread is "buster2010"
and i feel sorry for You. cos Your faith is old problem for ALL humans. same like all main religion faiths we hear those days about...
why is problem for some just to dig the basic truth out? cos You are indoctrinated by something from Your young age?
it's ok. most have the same problem... ok. that's not really ok, but that's how it is all over the world today 95+% of any way brainwash population of Earth ...
brain washed by religions, politics, MSM, schools... etc

non of us know what the F""""k is our real historical origin.... no one. thats kind of strange for intelligent species, don't You think?

no You do not think. You will not even try think for Your self. You just accept what they told You.

so please keep Your truth far from others... cos if it is TRUTH it will come to them automatically...
if it doesn't, then Your TRUTH is not THE TRUTH xx

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

It is a shame you don't live by these words.

You can copy and paste.......but you can't walk the walk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join