It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you ever feel like the world is an illusion/pointless, just remember that Love/God is everywhere

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, every thought/urge happens unconsciously. We don't know what our next thought will be. It's the same even we consciously "choose" to make the best choice based on our options. The thought "which decision I will make" is an illusion but a necessary one.
"I don't think any story or wording is needed for helping a friend to happen - wording may arise but there is no need for it. "

Wording may arise but there is no need for it. Yes, but the question is, what type of wording/story is best to take action on. Thoughts about taking your friend to the ambulance will arise, or maybe cpr. Maybe many thoughts will be arising in that moment. The question is, what type of story is best needed to help the person. The same way we read books in order to deepen our knowledge (stories) about something for better wisdom/action/thougths to arise.
The question is, what actions are best to be taken to help the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

So if I ask you "what the best option for me to pass my test", you would give answers which you thought were best, like "The best way is for you to be tutored by professor Smith for a couple of weeks."
You wouldn't say "there is no one to study, studying happens"
We can't deny labels like "I" and "me" in speech. They are useful labels. But ultimately stories, not real.
I'm simply asking you what ones best options are to help the world.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thoughts about taking your friend to the ambulance will arise, or maybe cpr. Maybe many thoughts will be arising in that moment. The question is, what type of story is best needed to help the person. The same way we read books in order to deepen our knowledge (stories) about something for better wisdom/action/thougths to arise.

But this is like practicing what to do later now - this is where the conflict lies. You are now always. You are here.
When you think of some other time and place, you are creating something that isn't - a problem that needs solving has been created and then there is a you created that can solve the problem. The mind makes a problem to solve - but there is no problem to solve - ever.
You are here where life is happening - if action is required it happens or it doesn't.
Now there maybe action taken to get some first aid training if fear of not knowing what to do to help apparent people - but you cannot be somewhere you are not.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes I agree. But does that render planning and critical thinking completely useless? No, they still happen because they are useful thoughts.
Again the question is what sort of thoughts are most necessary? As I said in my last post, if a student asked you what the best way to study for the test is, you wouldn't say "there is no one to study, studying happens" you would give that person useful info in helping himself study for the test. My question about global suffering is the same sort of question. I don't wan't "there is no world, it's all just a story" as an answer. I wan't useful info which I can use to help people, or not.

I agree there is no one to change the world, and that the world does not need to be changed in that aspect. But it can be a better place. The question is what can we do to make it a better place. "we" doesn't really exist, but we can't ignore it's usefulness in speech. When you ask the doctor "what can I do to make this injury heal faster". The doctor will give you tips for you to follow. The doctor won't say "don't worry about it, whatever arises, arises. He will tell you specifically what actions to take.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: Clarity.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Nothing is really an illusion because God is everywhere.

If that's how you want to define it, sure. Although that's not how the Bible defines God, which is as a separate and distinct being that looks and acts a lot like a human being, except for having big (but strangely limited) powers.

The problem with God is always going to be with defining it. A multi- and trans-dimensional entity beyond time and our understanding, or a limited being interested in the piddling problems of a tiny human in the vastness of the universe? If God is truly all-encompassing, then it would logically have no motivation, wants or needs, including the need to create, or be worshiped according to very specific rules, or care about what happens to you or me.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sorry, I cannot give you any useful information which you can use to help people or the world.
If there is an idea that there is a right way of doing things and a wrong way and that there is a you that can choose to do the right thing or the wrong thing - this is the conflict which covers up the peace.
If there is a world it is what surrounds you - if you have no conflict within then that is enough to help the world - which is you.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144

I agree there is no one to change the world, and that the world does not need to be changed in that aspect. But it can be a better place. The question is what can we do to make it a better place.

The mind (the me) is always seeking for a better place - this cannot be it, no not just this!!?? The mind is never satisfied - it is looking in time and space for something to make it feel better but it will never be found in time by anyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, the now is the only thing that exists. Fulfillment only lies in this moment. That doesn't mean we don't strive to make this experience the best it can be though. We always try to make the best of this moment.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This Now moment is Really everything that there is. The mind may appear to be restless, but only in time.
Time exists only for the mind, to be trained back to Peace. The body is a Product (effect of the mind).

You made your Mind. You are his master and you are giving him all the power. The world you see is made, as you see it, by your mind.

The thoughts of Past and Future are causing troubles, because the mind is scared of the Now moment, it cannot grasp it.
it always seeks. But it can be trained.

You were made from God. you cannot exists without God. God is your source, like sunrays are living from the Sun, so are you Living from the God.

(someone wrote about the Wrath of God. Look Closely on the above statement and tell me again anything about the Wrath)

God is Holines, Love, Peace, Joy, Happines.

You were made to Create like him.

If you Create without God, you arent Creating at all. For God this was never real, but it is for you (but only if you think that you are trapped in time).
Therefore all evil which was made is only a misstake. The world you see can be easily Changed. You just need to Trust in God.

God is Now. God Is.

edit on 28/8/2015 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, the now is the only thing that exists. Fulfillment only lies in this moment. That doesn't mean we don't strive to make this experience the best it can be though. We always try to make the best of this moment.

Now is not a thing - there is no other - this is it.
This moment is arising just as it is - it cannot be made better.
It is only the future that the mind can make better - but that is just a dream that happens now.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If God is everywhere, then God also knows our feelings, understands us, and have Great Compassion.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Blue Shift

If God is everywhere, then God also knows our feelings, understands us, and have Great Compassion.

God is manifesting what appears in the sight of God.

This that is appearing is the manifestation of God and God is what is seeing and knowing what is being manifest.
There is only God but you have the ability to pretend that there is something outside of you - something other than you.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What do you guys mean by "God" exactly?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The ears and eyes are both one body, but they are still different with different functions.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What do you guys mean by "God" exactly?

This that is.

The unspeakable, unnameable.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I never really understood the concept of life as an illusion until I listened to this clip by Alan watts last night
It's like if you drop a pebble into water and you see the waves move out laterally, but the water isn't actually moving, it's just going up and down like a barbers pole. The red stripe on a barbers pole isn't actually moving but we see the illusion of a moving red line going up and down

Great find. Linear time is an illusion just like lateral movement of the waves from a pebble drop is an illusion. So many of us get caught up in the illusion and ride the illusory wave unto death, and never find life in-sync with Being.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Time is illusion
But Love will always remain
Even when time fades away

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If God is everywhere, then it is also us and cannot be separated from us, and that makes it logically incapable of empathy or compassion, because those are feelings you have for others, not yourself.

You're thinking of Santa Claus not God. A common mistake, since human beings have an extremely difficult time comprehending inter- and trans-dimensional infinities. We tend to "dumb it down" for our own understanding.

The question then becomes, if something is incomprehensible and unknowable to us, does it really exist? I have my hand closed. Maybe there is something in it, maybe not. Can you be sure it even exists?
edit on 28-8-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Time is illusion
But Love will always remain
Even when time fades away

A divorce lawyer would disagree with you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join