It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you ever feel like the world is an illusion/pointless, just remember that Love/God is everywhere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: pheonix358

There are many ideas of God, not all are religious.

God is Unity of All, so God is Omnipresent. Even if God feels distant, God/Unity/Love is still there.

Religion = the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Your thread is most definitely religious. If you can not see that then you certainly should not be discussing either religion or metaphysics in public as you will likely make an ass of yourself.

For future reference:

Metaphysics = the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, identity, time, and space.

Op, you write as if we are all cuddly little babies who just want lots of fluffy duvet love. No thanks. I am an adult. I like it hard and real.

I've read so much superficiality and sycophantic nonsense that I need to visit the bathroom.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The mind imagines everything that ISN'T. Where is tomorrow? Where is somewhere else? Don't imagine anything and what is there?

Still, Love and Unity. You and everyone are One (Reality).
There is only "nothingness"/"emptiness" when you lack the awareness.

If a person who lacks it, they just have to focus on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

But the mind can't stop because it is my universe. If i would be a bacteria then maybe i could fully life in the moment that is now, but since i am human my mind is my most powerfull tool and that is for a reason, it has to be, or it wouldn't be.
Every creature is part of the unity and it wouldn't be all-embracing, or catholic (haha just was looking at leo.org for another word for it & it said catholic
) if something would be deafened on purpose. If i shut up my mind and stop using symbols, i would withhold something from god (even if it is just my inner one) and that can't be right.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Symbols are what keep you entranced to the illusion. Some things are hard to shake off, thus the suggestion to 'do as you are told', simply because it's always been that way. Think outside the Box.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The mind imagines everything that ISN'T. Where is tomorrow? Where is somewhere else? Don't imagine anything and what is there?

Still, Love and Unity. You and everyone are One (Reality).
There is only "nothingness"/"emptiness" when you lack the awareness.

If a person who lacks it, they just have to focus on it.

Is 'awareness' a thing? Is 'awareness' an object? I would say that 'awareness' is not a thing. It is the .space in which all things come and go. Without a 'knowing space' nothing can appear to be known.

That 'knowing space' - ever present awareness allows whatever is happening to happen - it has no condition - it is a loving space because it is unconditional.

Words appear in that space like 'love and unity - you and me' - this text that is appearing right here - the sounds that are appearing - all is just appearing in that ONE space. But no thing that appears stays - it is passing but the space (the aware presence) never comes or goes - it is not a thing.
That is the one you seek for a peace that surpasses all understanding - but you will never find it because you are it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

and what do you think the words you use or the phrase "outside the box" are, if not symbols. Throwing rocks in a glasshouse is what you're doing....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I don't know about all this loving God stuff?

What, the God who allowed His Son to be brutalized on the cross?

What, the God who says put the infidel to death by the sword and chop off the hands of the thief?

What, the God who says don't suffer a Witch to live?

What, the God who lets some live a life of luxury and some go without food and clothing, without parents, on and on and on ad infinitum misery?

Or perhaps you are gonna hit us with your new religion because you have a much better understanding of God than we do, that somehow you are in touch with the Love God and can address us as their messenger.

I don't believe you! I don't want your idea of God!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But the mind can't stop because it is my universe.

Who is this 'my' - who is this 'me'?

Where is 'your' universe? In the mind??
What is there REALLY??
There is just this that actually IS and everything is just happening.

Tomorrow happens in the mind - in thoughts about some other time.

If i would be a bacteria then maybe i could fully life in the moment that is now, but since i am human my mind is my most powerfull tool and that is for a reason, it has to be, or it wouldn't be. Every creature is part of the unity and it wouldn't be all-embracing, or catholic (haha just was looking at leo.org for another word for it & it said catholic
) if something would be deafened on purpose. If i shut up my mind and stop using symbols, i would withhold something from god (even if it is just my inner one) and that can't be right.

There is no need to shut up the mind - which is impossible by the way - but it may be helpful to notice that thoughts just happen - there is no you actually doing thoughts. Thoughts just appear but there is a seeing of them.
Life is now - so nothing can live outside the moment. The seeing of thought happens now.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Also, you imply that the source of all our woes is seeing the world as an illusion or pointless. You presuppose that this is how we feel if we don't have this loving God stuff.

I assure you the world is VERY real indeed to me. It has its own point and it is not a human point. Humans are only one expression of life. Too much human focussed and look how little we care about everything around us. We are just trashing creation.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

There is an actual me and i think on purpose. Your point is mute. My thoughts don't just happen it is learned bahviour and me making abstract turns and decissions based on that. I can rewrite some of my learned behaviour, but that is not "just happening" and me watching it is effort or work. I'm sorry for you if you are nothing more than your learned behaviours backseat passenger...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

There is an actual me and i think on purpose. Your point is mute. My thoughts don't just happen it is learned bahviour and me making abstract turns and decissions based on that. I can rewrite some of my learned behaviour, but that is not "just happening" and me watching it is effort or work. I'm sorry for you if you are nothing more than your learned behaviours backseat passenger...

I am not learned behaviours - I am what is seeing what is happening.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 22-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Then how do you write for example?

a reply to: LittleByLittle

Don't delete it, it was good. It is a matter of experience... Why so shy?
edit on 22-8-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Man, Joan says it for me. This is what LOVE is!

I heard...Love is just a four letter word!

Without reality, the action and the understanding it is a superficial and fair-weather feelin'

If there is a God then only they know how to LOVE.

Human beings are hypocrites. One minute they tell you they love you, but when the goin' gets heavy there ain't nobody there. Like rats from a sinking ship!

If anyone tells me they love me now I am just "Oh yeah". They may expect to be challenged on that.

We say things like we love our parents, we love our children, but what does that mean? There is a whole wealth of interaction going on there. Love is a lazy word. If we truly loved we would act on it.

Love is a lazy four letter word.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Then how do you write for example?

No one is writing - writing is happening. Reading is happening and there is an idea happening there that there is a you doing reading. There is no 'you' doing anything - there is no you separate from the text that is appearing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

There is a me writing now that i don't understand what you give me to read, so there is definetly an entity you seperated from the entity me and this argument is happening. And i am much more tn the tet i write here also simultaneously happening: i am breathing rolling my eyes and digesting, different events happening now, but all inside the entity me and very different from the entity you.
Also: we drift offtopic.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No. I'm only trying to make you aware of the Glass House in which you live and admire. Everything is a glass house in this society. We cannot exist without them, however we can be 'AWARE' of them and not allow them to RULE our lives.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple i am breathing rolling my eyes and digesting, different events happening now, but all inside the entity me and very different from the entity you.

You are what notices that there is breathing and digesting - if you were actually responsible for doing breathing and digesting you would most likely forget to do it. All is just happening but there is a belief that there is a separate you that is doing.
The body that you witness is not the same body as I witness but the witness is the same.
What is looking out of the eyes is what is looking out of all eyes.
Seek that which is looking to know what is really real.

'What we are looking for is what is looking' St. Francis of Assisi.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Sorry but i doubt someone saying "after all nothing is real" could teach awareness to anyone.

You keep repeating that and i am okay with you believing what you feel to be the truth, but you always state it so very absolute it just makes me want to scream. Your truth is not mine, and while we all are part of one bigger consciousness unit, we are still different sub-entities with different experiences and different approaches. It just feels like such a growse over-simplification, it has to be wrong. And while it works for you, to me it sounds super false.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Peeple because: bee

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Nothing is really an illusion because God is everywhere.

God is within the trees.
God is within the water.
God is within the sky.
God is within the wing.
Mother Earth is family.
The Sun is family.
Your friends and family are family.

There is nothing "enlightened" about feeling like the world is an illusion, and feeling detached. Enlightened is knowing "Unity Consciousness", that there is only "Unity", and that understanding God/Unity/Love is to love thy neighbour as thyself.

We can walk out of the fog of loneliness and darkness by realizing it was never there.

Detachment leads to Loneliness,
Loneliness leads to fear,
Fear leads to suffering.

Love life. Be attached to seeing The Light of God/Love/Beauty/Unity connecting all things.

All is well.

Blinks... Wait did you just invent your own version of the jedi code?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join