It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 large whales found dead along the coast of Alaska, a cause remains unknown

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

An unusually high number of large whale deaths has been reported across the Western Gulf of Alaska, in the regions around Kodiak Island, Afognak Island, Chirikof Island and the Semidi Islands, and along the southern shoreline of the Alaska Peninsula. 11 fin whales, 14 humpback whales, one gray whale and four unidentified whale species have been found dead in the Western Gulf of Alaska.....

30 large whales found dead along the coast of Alaska, a cause remains unknown

The article states its been happening since may but how many other species have died along the northwest seaboard????

This is concerning because the cause is unknown ? Well we have the resources to find out the cause but i suppose its not a priority

Concerned anyone??

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only thing I know is that we don't know #.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Some believe that active sonar is causing deafness/disorientation to whales so might be interesting to see if there were any navy exercises in the area.

added.... like these excercises
edit on 22 8 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Some believe that active sonar is causing deafness/disorientation to whales so might be interesting to see if there were any navy exercises in the area.

There were in the last two weeks of June. The local commercial fishing boats were none too happy about that, too.

Personally, I believe it has to do with the same thing that has been killing large numbers of Alaska's other marine mammals. Since the summer following Fukushima, they've started finding seals, sea lions, walruses, and otters with "unexplainable" sores, fur loss, skin fungal infections, and bruising all along Alaska's western and southern shores.

ETA: Looks like it's our polar bears, too.
www.globalresearch.ca...

The incidences peaked in 2012, when 28 percent of the examined polar bears had the problem [when] a mysterious affliction, with patchy fur loss and bleeding skin lesions, sickened hundreds of Arctic Alaska seals, killing many of them. The affliction was seen among some walruses…

Fukushima went down in March of 2011. The animals started being found with these skin lesions about 13 months later in Alaska. I do not believe in coincidences anymore.
edit on 22-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I hope they can piece together some possible factors and try to figure out what in the heck is going on. It can't be normal - I know they've said we're in another time of "mass extinction" brought on by humans but what specifically is doing it to these whales?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Could have something to do with this.

Not only have whales been showing up dead with dozens of pounds of toxic, plastic waste inside their stomachs, the U.S Navy plans to raise the death toll by conducting underwater testing of explosive weapons and sonar devices. Tests will be and are taking place in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, including the Gulf of Mexico. These events are set to commence and take place from 2014 through 2019. The title is not an exaggeration, depending on the vicinity of the animals detonating these explosives underwater, it will kill whales and dolphin and injure many,according to two environmental impact statements released by the military
www.collective-evolution.com...

It's been happening for years , high powered sonar and animals that rely on their hearing for food and communication don't mix.

edit on 22-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So true ... add Fukushima, long line fishing, military equipment, dead zones due to run off from farmlands as well as dragging the ocean floor, to feed the ever growing masses - well, we are seeing the results.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's Fukushima. The "mainstream" media just won't admit it. Because that would mean admitting the plant is still leaking. All water is connected. Eventually the poison will spread to every water source on Earth. The waters are being made bitter.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

They are the words the world does not want to hear ...

( Ostrich mode activated ) - head in the sand - not happening - repeat chorus ...

- Not to mention religion will bleed this to the max ...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not many things depress me more than hearing about all the dead ocean life.
Maybe it's the Navy, maybe it Fukushima but we can be pretty damn sure it's caused by US.
We keep crapping on this beautiful planet like it's ours to do as we like with.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We keep crapping on this beautiful planet like it's ours to do as we like with.

Something tells me if we keep this up, Mother Nature is gonna hit 'flush". It's like poisoning your own garden and then whining about not having enough food.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The varieties of the cetaceans are astounding. They have all encountered something that has led them to what can only be seen as self-destruction. But if you have been near one of these recent beachings, these are not whales or dolphins who desire to die... rather they are intensely confused as if something has scrambled their brains and caused them to go in the opposite direction they may have intended. I have always believed that it was the U.S. Navy's fault with their ELF experiments and usage .

The question is do these cetaceans have the inexplicable sores and signs of disease found on mammalian sea life in the Pacific? If they do then perhaps "Fukushima" is a major part of the story.

To me such beachings are a 'sign' -- perhaps not like religious signs -- but rather a 'sign' that something is terribly amiss in the waters of the Pacific.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Couldn't this be considered treason? Seriously. If another country's military did the same, it would could be considered an act of war. This sort of thing makes me sick
www.youtube.com...

eta:

I've been following these deaths and have been waiting patiently for the necropsy results. However, nothing ever makes it to the news once the story fades. So for any Canadians interested, Paul Cottrell, Pacific marine mammal coordinator for Fisheries and Oceans Canada is heading the Canadian side of whale deaths. He can be reached here. It's already been over a months since these dead whales started appearing. It's about time they have their results in.
www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca...
edit on 22-8-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

2nd eta: Deaf Dolphin
miami.cbslocal.com...
edit on 22-8-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the radiation from Fukushima is to blame for this...but the media will censor that and cover it up with military/navy sonar testing of weapons...because who is going to condemn a few deaths caused by government navy exercises? NO ONE! But if found to be true of radiation is the cause of death...the WHOLE WORLD will be in a state of panic and chaos. IMO

edit on 22-8-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Could have something to do with this.

Not only have whales been showing up dead with dozens of pounds of toxic, plastic waste inside their stomachs, the U.S Navy plans to raise the death toll by conducting underwater testing of explosive weapons and sonar devices. Tests will be and are taking place in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, including the Gulf of Mexico. These events are set to commence and take place from 2014 through 2019. The title is not an exaggeration, depending on the vicinity of the animals detonating these explosives underwater, it will kill whales and dolphin and injure many,according to two environmental impact statements released by the military
www.collective-evolution.com...

It's been happening for years , high powered sonar and animals that rely on their hearing for food and communication don't mix.

You are dead right there Gorty. It's been going on for years, and the navy 'applies' for these killings all the time.
What does catch my eye here is that they will be testing in the Gulf of Mexico, they shouldn't go anywhere near that place after the oil spill FFS. All the sludge at the bottom, a likely dodgy capped well/s. What is these navy types on?
This link is RT, but in case you think it is biased, the story is all over the 'net' for a long time, so plenty of sites with much the same story
www.rt.com...

I will add that the US navy's programme with Dolphins and Sea Lions is also ongoing to around 2017, and there have been concerns for those animals welfare.
edit on 22-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In the last fifty years of my life I have never heard of such a problem. It is the radiation from Japan's Nuclear reactors spilling into the ocean since March 2011. People who take chemo radiation treatments get these same symptoms and can die from the radiation too. My father died from a low white blood count and internal lungs bleeding due to chemo radiation. We are poisoning ourselves and the planet. Everyone needs to pick up the trash. Trash is everywhere.

edit on 22-8-2015 by frugal because: More comment

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The next one is a curve ball, not too unexpectedly about the
'toxic algae bloom' releasing a specifically nasty kind of acid...

NOAA declared the cluster of whale deaths "an unusual
mortality event" on Thursday, triggering a formal agency
inquiry into the strandings that will bring together federal
and local experts in a specially funded team.

"While we do not yet know the cause of these strandings,
our investigations will give us important information on the
health of whales and the ecosystems where they live," said
Teri Rowles, a NOAA marine mammal health and stranding
response coordinator.

A leading hypothesis for the cause of the deaths, NOAA
fisheries spokeswoman Julie Speegle said, is that they may
be linked to a toxic algae bloom in the Pacific Ocean along
the U.S. West Coast that has led to the closure of shellfish
harvests in Washington State, Oregon and California.

NEWSMAX

Why we'll probably never hear about radiation from Fukishima
being a problem is because it could be THE major
contributing factor. ELF goes only so far, and has negative
effects surely... but the leading edge of a walrus (like the poor
guy's face) almost decomposing over a couple of years would do
a number on my belief system.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It`s sad really.
There`s no other planet like the one we`ve been given.
Yet those who govern....do nothing but abuse it and abuse every living thing on this planet.
From plants to animals....to humans.....
They continually destroy life one way or another.

I can`t imagine what damage all those nuke tests over the decades has done to life.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
In the last fifty years of my life I have never heard of such a problem. It is the radiation from Japan's Nuclear reactors spilling into the ocean since March 2011. People who take chemo radiation treatments get these same symptoms and can die from the radiation too. My father died from a low white blood count and internal lungs bleeding due to chemo radiation. We are poisoning ourselves and the planet. Everyone needs to pick up the trash. Trash is everywhere.

Corporations and governments are doing the damage.
The mess made by the average person is nothing compared to the mess industries make.
I think all the nuclear testing that was done over the years has played a big part in the rise in cancer but they never mention that.

top topics

join