It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "true" Christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

He only loves His children. If you aren't His child He doesn't love you.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." - Luke 6:35-36

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
True Christianity is Following Christ's words... not Paul's

You faith alone crowd should try reading the gospels instead of Paulianity

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

edit on 8/22/2015 by stellawayten because: I was wrong. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If you just read Reza Aslans book Zealot you will understand what is actually going on.

video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
does anyone frigging know what '"true christianity'" is? It was written by those who wish to keep you imprisoned to this fake existance you love.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
does anyone frigging know what '"true christianity'" is? It was written by those who wish to keep you imprisoned to this fake existance you love.

I could give a sh!t how others define it.

I consider myself Christian.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just to point out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"WOW.... you read my mind. I think I will join you. Like my dad always said, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."
"

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
As far as i am concerned, true Christianity is that which existed before Paul's influence. That is, Christianity was originally a Jewish sect with a Jewish leader (Jesus and later, James). Therefore, true Christianity should be perceived through the context of second temple period Judaism rather than the 2000 years of dilution people currently understand it as.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

yes ok, Beezer but i was once too, an xian. And i got away from it because i asked too many questions they refused to answer and then i went to town and began to research Xianity thoroughly. And what i discovered disturbed me greatly and made me Question Reality as we know it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
And What i discovered was it's all BS. Through and through. I'm amazed at how many people will suck up whatever they're spoon fed it's demoralizing to me and it's idiotic that Women are treated so badly within that so called christian belief system you worship. It's deploring to say the least. There i said it!

And not just for christianity but the muslim belief system. It's all Crap.
edit on 8/22/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

True Christianity is the kind that neither takes away from nor adds to the bible, but rather seeks to understand it properly and in context.

True Christians will be found everywhere, but no one place in particular.
edit on 22-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
And What i discovered was it's all BS. Through and through. I'm amazed at how many people will suck up whatever they're spoon fed it's demoralizing to me and it's idiotic that Women are treated so badly within that so called christian belief system you worship. It's deploring to say the least. There i said it!

And not just for christianity but the muslim belief system. It's all Crap.

If you were once Christian, then it should not amaze you so much. You should be able to understand how it is that some are still where you once were. Religion is a powerful and oppressive force in the mind of the believer. We have both been Christians, and should be able to empathize and sympathize with that. I didn't become a non-believer overnight, and I suspect you didn't either. We're a little off-topic here though, so I'm going to say this...

Jesus said: "Unless you believe that I am he, you shall dies in your sins". Therefore, if you genuinely believe in your heart that Jesus was/is the awaited messiah, then you are a Christian, for all intents and purposes, because humans will act on their convictions.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tankgirlkittykaz

After this life we get to explore we all get to share in the greater knowledge and put in all experiences for the consciousness to share and learn for our next journey into life.

Welcome to ATS!!! VERY Glad you're here.

Just know: Not everyone will be, and you'll be condemned and called a hater and sinner and worse. BUT, but, you are NOT alone in your thinking. Be aware there are some members who will refuse to hear us. But don't give up. We need more members like you.

meh....you'll figure it out as you go along. You'll get to know us all. Look forward to any threads you have planned or coming!

edit on 8/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

And What i discovered was it's all BS. Through and through. I'm amazed at how many people will suck up whatever they're spoon fed it's demoralizing to me and it's idiotic that Women are treated so badly within that so called christian belief system you worship. It's deploring to say the least. There i said it! And not just for christianity but the muslim belief system. It's all Crap.

You are entitled to your opinion as well as others are entitled to their opinions. I don't quite understand your point of how women's abuse fits into all of this and what denominations you are referencing in Christianity. It sounds like (to me) that you have had a bad experience in religion and you may be right in that perspective but if any person is abused in a religion then it is not an honorable religion. I do agree with you that some groups are abusive to either or all genders but those religions are not of the Christ Jesus as I understand Christ Jesus.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
Sorry, I misunderstood. I do help others when the opportunity arises.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There cannot be enough topics like this posted in these forums - topics to make people THINK instead of slumbering along cozily.

I obviously haven't read through the entire thread about Paul in your signature, but that topic has an interesting and direct relation to your opening post in this thread. While it is far too involved to package into a few message board posts, Paul, whether knowingly or unknowingly - and whether or not he even existed - has actually spawned an epochal religion whose members have all believed and preached a self-entombing lie since Christianity's inception.

What did Paul "receive" and introduce into the mass-consciousness of humanity?

1 Corinthians 15
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins

According to all three synoptic Gospels, before Paul came onto the scene, Christ told His disciples that He would come in His kingdom before they tasted death. This is a scripturally undeniable fact in spite of the ways that those within Christianity have convoluted and put their spin on it in an effort to make Jesus not look like a liar.

Why then has Jesus Christ not returned in glory, even after 2,000 years? Because His own people keep Him crucified and entombed by believing in the "redemptive necessity" of His death. This is an incredible cosmic irony that has been orchestrated by higher forces that exist BOTH far above and DEEP WITHIN man (a "divine practical joke," if you will). The only way for Christ to return in glory as Immanuel ("God With Us") is for the masses of Christianity (The "Body of Christ') to awaken (resurrect) to the fact that "worshipping Jesus" as "a man in a white robe" who had to be put to death and will "come back again someday" is now insufficient and obsolete, and even self-enslaving, and a paradigm shift is commencing. (This is a cosmic enigma, as Christianity's loving worship of the crucified Christ is actually the "Judas kiss" that prevents His triumphant coming.)

This paradigm shift entails a necessity of man awakening to his own inner divine essence that is CHRIST WITHIN - where He has always been, but lying dormant. Mainstream Christianity, of course, labels this as "new age deception," or "Gnostic heresy," but it is Christianity that has in fact been deceived for 2,000 years. Religious Christianity is insistent on preaching a Jesus (and a "God") that is "up there," or "out there," or anywhere but intrinsically within. Immanuel can never come if this continues on a corporate scale within the Body of Christ.

What does Christianity's own Lord say in Christianity's own Bible? Per the Gospel of Luke:

Luke 17
20God’s Kingdom doesn’t come with observation; 21 neither will they say, ‘Look, here!’ or, ‘Look, there!’ for behold, God’s Kingdom is within you.

23 They will tell you, ‘Look, here!’ or ‘Look, there!’ Don’t go away, nor follow after them (the misleading "shepherds of Christianity)

30 It will be the same way in the day that the Son of Man is revealed

Revealed WHERE?

John 14
19 Because I live, you will live also. 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

This is what Christians must awaken to and accept on a large scale. The carnal (earthly) man (the idea of coming from the "dust") must be put to death to bring to life the divine within.

There is much, much more that could and must be said about this to bring about the desperately needed "third day" resurrection of Christ's Church. (This deals heavily with contradictions between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, which self-blinded Christians obviously deny the existence of.)

The ramifications of all of this are monumental, and involve the "alien abduction" phenomenon of the modern era. Simply put - if the divided, Christ-killing, image destroying Body of Christ (and all of warring, divided humanity) continues to be stubborn while refusing to awaken from the entombing Matrix as the call is now being given, a much more unpleasant awakening will be given.

Matthew 21
44 He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but on whomever it will fall, it will scatter him as dust.

The time is now.

edit on 22-8-2015 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
whats with all the emphasis on being a "true christian"? why cant we all just be true human beings? be sincere in your efforts to improve yourself, be sincere in your efforts to consider others, be sincere in your efforts to leave the world a better place than it was yesterday, and you shouldnt have to worry about gods and devils. full stop.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

whats with all the emphasis on being a "true christian"? why cant we all just be true human beings? be sincere in your efforts to improve yourself, be sincere in your efforts to consider others, be sincere in your efforts to leave the world a better place than it was yesterday, and you shouldnt have to worry about gods and devils. full stop.

Yes.
Exactly.

Full stop.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join