It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "true" Christianity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tankgirlkittykaz

I'm just not convinced that you have really put forth any effort to understand what Christians believe, after you called me asinine for believing what I believe. What I find to be asinine is that you play the victim card while holding to the belief in the existence of an immortal soul.

God doesn't condemn anyone to hell, not even Satan. Those who go to hell are there and will remain there simply because they continue to hold on to the works of the flesh over the faith in the works of Christ. Sin is no longer the issue. Sin was neutralized in the cross. Even if you are in hell today, your position is not finalized until you stand before the Great White Throne Judgement and recieve the Resurrection of Death.

So, I'll ask you again; Doesn't your Creator reserve the right to judge your works based on His Law?

You either stand on the works if Christ or the works of your flesh. That is the criteria for judgement.
edit on 22-8-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Every denomination does not preach jesus is the savior. Do some more research.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The bible is not a history book it is a collection of writings and teaching gathered together over quite a few centuries compiled by Constantine. If you you knew your own religious history it would be advantageous. Constantine who was a Roman GODS worshiper until his wife had a dream he painted crosses on the shield of his army and sacked Rome.. another Christian love, killing those who do not agree with a complied book by an obnoxious man with his chosen priests. CONSTANTINE the 1st pope.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Which ones? Mormonism? That's not Christianity, it's Mormonism. I can't find anything that says any Christian denomination doesn't believe Jesus is savior. Which ones? Honest question.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm not Christian.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tankgirlkittykaz
I find it difficult to see where this profit for prophets cult has meaning. I never see the sacrifice the God supposedly suffered, this omnipotent being allowed his only son to the tortured and killed then Jesus went up to Heaven for tea and cake i assume.. family reunion and all that jazz then he came back to Earth for a 3 day bender to say farewell to his pals. I may have missed the point somewhere, but i would never have allowed my only son to be treated that way if I was meant to have such power.

No sarcasm intended but "Boy you missed the mark big time" Almost everything you said in your post is wrong.

No bible classes from me today .... even though today is the Sabbath (not Sunday but Saturday is the Sabbath) but sister get a bible that you can understand and read it. If you have a problem with old English like the KJV then there are others. Read it a couple of times.... then after you understand the message you will be enlightened and have wisdom and knowledge of who the father, the son (NOT SUN) and the Holy spirit is.

edit on 22-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No because we belong to a non judgmental consciousness who accepts everyone and we are the divine. Believing that judgement is a need to separate anyone who may have been non conformist or sadly a murderer or abuser. After this life we get to explore we all get to share in the greater knowledge and put in all experiences for the consciousness to share and learn for our next journey into life.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

So you really believe that Heaven and Hell are places where judgement is passed by some old man who claims to love me, but can burn my soul for eternity? How is that love or salvation? It is a response of the indoctrinated and it belittles all that is good our our energies and our journey to be aware of the consciousness of which we are all a part of.

You are completely uneducated in this topic. You are obviously commenting on a topic you know absolutely nothing about.
edit on 22-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Christianity is the understanding that salvation comes by faith alone in Jesus' payment for our sins as the Lamb of God. Regardless of denomination, if you believe on the basis faith alone then you are a true Christian.

If you believe that your salvation hinges on your works or a combination of faith and works, then you are not a Christian.

That is the Baptist view, as well as mine (as a nondenominationalist)...but as you said, each denomination has its own definition of what true Christianity is.

You make a good point and as you I have no denomination because they all have a dogma that comes from men not God. It is this dogma that often interferes with the teachings of the bible. This theme you bring up in your post could easily be a thread in itself.

If you believe that your salvation hinges on your works or a combination of faith and works, then you are not a Christian.

James 2:14-26 - 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So let me ask you brother or sister are you preaching the Gospel? Are you healing the sick? Are you volunteering your time by visiting those in hospitals and in prisons? Because if you are NOT then you have no faith because if you did you would do these things.

This is a Christian.

God bless you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Sin and the works of the flesh (from the knowledge of good and evil) are self evident in this life. It runs in our blood. If you believe that we will pass on into eternity without having our works judged by our Creator, then your eyes have been sown shut and your ears filled with led.

God will not let our disease infect His kingdom. The unrighteous must be judged, but condemnation depends entirely on your attitude towards Christ.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Mormon book of teachings written in the early part of the last century or the bible complied by 3rd century first pope of the church Constantine?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
Rahhab and Abraham established their works on their faith, not the other way around. Faith is non-meritorious, works are the evidence of faith.

What good works did the thief on the cross do after accepting Christ before death? Nothing, because he was stapled to a piece of wood.

If your salvation hinges on your works, then you need to reassess the status of your soul. Do you stand on your own works, or is it the works of Christ that manifest through you by faith. There is a huge difference.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No your are right no bible study for me today because it appears you have no idea where the basis of your book of teachings comes from. The idea you have any useful knowledge for anyone is beyond farcical. Your god is dangerous and for believing such nonsense you need to be assessed. I think that is what i have done come through to a mental wards little game of pretending to have a worldly view of nothing more than words read from a book that has no meaning in today's society and your outdated message you spew is far from sanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

No your are right no bible study for me today because it appears you have no idea where the basis of your book of teachings comes from. The idea you have any useful knowledge for anyone is beyond farcical. Your god is dangerous and for believing such nonsense you need to be assessed. I think that is what i have done come through to a mental wards little game of pretending to have a worldly view of nothing more than words read from a book that has no meaning in today's society and your outdated message you spew is far from sanity.

Science has taught us that what we can discern with our 5 senses is not everything that is out there.

We have developed tools to discern realms of ultra-violet and infra-red.

We've barely begun to measure what else is out there, beyond our 5 senses.

Are you so concrete in your thinking that the only thing that exists is anything that can be sensed by our meager 5 senses?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Rahhab and Abraham established their works on their faith, not the other way around. Faith is non-meritorious, works are the evidence of faith.

What good works did the thief on the cross do after accepting Christ before death? Nothing, because he was stapled to a piece of wood.

If your salvation hinges on your works, then you need to reassess the status of your soul. Do you stand on your own works, or is it the works of Christ that manifest through you by faith. There is a huge difference.

You did not understand the bible passage I enclosed did you?

It is not about works.......it is about LOVE......we do these works out of love which is based on faith.

I totally understand what you are saying but you do not understand me.

I know there are NO works that can get you into heaven and this is NOT what I am talking about. I am talking about what a TRUE Christian does..... not sitting on his ass running his mouth about his faith but PUTTING IT INTO ACTION.

Go out onto the streets and preach the word of God, heal the sick. Do you do this? If not, why not? You claim to be a Christian, right? So where is the love brother?

Show us your faith.....

God loves you brother and so do I.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

True Christianity is personal, between the Christan and their God.

It has nothing to do with membership of a club or social group.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How can you say that when you yourself can not properly quote scriptures from this book? Because if you had read this book you would not have made so many mistakes in making your weak attempt at talking about its teachings.

I am starting to think you are trolling and since you a newbie this is against T&C.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Wow the hypocrisy many of you show.
Sorry but many of you so called Christians on ATS are nothing of the sort.
Practise what you preach.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wow the hypocrisy many of you show.
Sorry but many of you so called Christians on ATS are nothing of the sort.
Practise what you preach.

I beg your pardon?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nah man I have seen ATS members say "I say kill em all and let god sort them out" and laugh about it. I have seen some call women bitches without knowing the full story and not showing ANY empathy for others but they come on here and try to preach love and stuff.
Not you Beez you are a good one as others but I'm gagging on the hypocrisy.

I mean honest question is that all you have to do to get a free pass accept Jesus? you can be an asshole but as long as you accept jesus....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join