It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I'm sure there are many who have asked God for understanding about this. You have to admit though that it is a difficult thing to understand. We see a baby born with a penis then he is male. Most would never think that maybe the baby has been born with a female brain.

It's not just Christians that are unable to understand that trans people are not just imagining they are the opposite sex, but they have a birth defect.

Instead of showing anger towards God and Christians, try and help them see that it is a birth defect. Saying to a Christian than you were assigned the wrong sex is the same as saying that God made a mistake. It is offensive to us and so we will naturally see you opposite of what you are hoping for.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah, I forgot about that until I read your post. I think we are female until around the fifth month. Not sure on that, but yeah, that could be a cause too.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

This thread has me wondering... If I understand you, you're saying that as a result of your relationship with God, you have a new understanding of why transgender people are that way. Do you have any similar thoughts or ideas about gay people?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

God was very clear about men having sex with men and women having sex with women. So even though God loves them, he hates their sin. If it is wrong in God's eyes, then it is also wrong in mine. I have no problem with gays as people, it is their sin that I will not show support for.

Being gay is not the same as being trans. Even if gays are born with sexual desires, they like straights can control those urges. It also means that those who are attracted to children, animals, their own family members are also born that way. I think we are all born innocent and that our demons that we need to each battle come later. And yes, I have had my own to battle.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ahimsa

God was very clear about men having sex with men and women having sex with women. So even though God loves them, he hates their sin. If it is wrong in God's eyes, then it is also wrong in mine. I have no problem with gays as people, it is their sin that I will not show support for.

Being gay is not the same as being trans. Even if gays are born with sexual desires, they like straights can control those urges. It also means that those who are attracted to children, animals, their own family members are also born that way. I think we are all born innocent and that our demons that we need to each battle come later. And yes, I have had my own to battle.

Please do not take this for hostility and keep in mind that I have a sense of humor and sarcasm

So if you would treat gay people the same way you would anyone else and that is kindness what exactly entails supporting their sexual acts? Would that be standing in the corner cheering them on and handing them towels while they have a romp? Would it be patting them on the back and congratulating them on a stellar sexual performance?

I don't really know where the line between being nice to someone and not supporting their choices is in all seriousness. Is not supporting their choices just ignoring them completely or does it involve admonishment? Is it a lecture (god I hate those zzzz)?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you for your response. I hope you don't mind if I make a few comments.

I wouldn't expect you to show support for any sin. Lying, divorce, taking God's name in vain, getting drunk, sex before marriage, etc. Do you feel the same way about someone who lies? You have no problem with someone who's divorced, you just don't support their sin? Have you ever said or thought that about someone who has been divorced?

We are ALL sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. Do you say, "I love people, I just don't support their sins"? I wonder why people always think it's important to point that out when speaking about homosexuality and not the other sins... Do you know why that is? Is being gay worse than other sins?

But effeminacy is also a sin. And you seem to show support for that with this thread.

1 Corinthians 9 (KJV 1900)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Deuteronomy 22:5 (KJV 1900)

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Being gay is not the same as being trans. Even if gays are born with sexual desires, they like straights can control those urges.

It would seem to me that a trans person could also "control their urges". Some people probably do it all their lives. They would be miserable (as would gay people be) but they probably marry and have children and never undergo any hormones or surgery, staying "in the closet" and denying themselves. I guess I don't see the difference between accepting that God made and loves trans people, but somehow it's different for gay people.

Perhaps He will one day reveal something to you that would shine a light on homosexuality for you. This was an interesting read for me: homosexualeunuchsandthebible.com...

It's probably best that I don't respond to your comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and animal sex, where clear victims exist, but suffice it to say that I don't believe in demons.

Thank you again, for your response.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure your hypothesis is flawed since transgenderism has existed LONG before plastic has existed, but hey if it gets you to accept it as normal, I don't care if you want to believe it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So you can't be nice and treat someone with kindness unless you also support their sins...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You obviously didn't read the whole thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Nope. I sure didn't. Have you admitted to your plastic hypothesis being flawed since then?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

How do you know how I feel about divorce? I never said anything about that as this thread was about people who are transgender.

I have not supported men who are effeminate in this thread or any other. So you are saying that TrappedPrincess is actually an effeminate male that is only pretending to be female and willing to have HIS body sexually mutilated in order to continue HIS fantasy of becoming female? If that's the case then I must of popped off the wrong path and let Satan talk me into seeing people like HIM as just having a birth defect.

Thank you so much for setting me straight on this. So they aren't actually born the opposite sex of their genitals and reproductive organs. Whew! Man, so glad that no one else like me read this thread and might have changed their minds from anything I said in my OP.

I must have fell off the narrow path and it was Satan that was speaking to me instead. Wow, so glad I didn't try to get anyone else to see that transgender people are not just mentally ill people that are under the delusion that they are the opposite sex and willing to get their bodies sexually mutilated just to prove it.

Assigned the wrong sex = Somebody screwed up
Reassignment = Somebody screwed up so now I have to take hormones and get surgery to correct this mistake
Transitioning = I'm not the actual sex I want to be at the moment, but I will be as soon as these hormones kick in and I heal from these surgeries.

And last but not least, in order to accept transgender people we must also accept sexual sin or it doesn't count.

Bye!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
On second thought...No thanks. I hope you're being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

How do you know how I feel about divorce?

I don't. It's considered to be a sin in Christianity, so I was ASKING how you felt about it, as opposed to other sins.

So you are saying that TrappedPrincess is actually an effeminate male that is only pretending to be female and willing to have HIS body sexually mutilated in order to continue HIS fantasy of becoming female?

Not at all. I didn't say ANYTHING about any other member OR trans people. I'm not sure where you're getting that, or all the other assumptions you seem to have made.

I was simply asking about your position on other sins as opposed to being homosexual. Sorry they made you so uncomfortable.

Bye.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Your insistent use of saying transgendered or intersexed person are born with a birth defect is strong evidence you are still ignorant .Even medical scientist do not know why some people are born intersexed or trans .

Saying God opened your eyes to love intersexed and trans people because they have a birth defect does not make it any more acceptable behavior belief it is just ignorance and a form of bigotry that is on the same lines as believing that God loves a black person even though they were born with a birth defect.

The fact is a transgendered or intersexed people are not defective humans.Sexuality is not a black and white straight line as many believe in their abundance of ignorance.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

Your insistent use of saying transgendered or intersexed person are born with a birth defect is strong evidence you are still ignorant .Even medical scientist do not know why some people are born intersexed or trans .

Saying God opened your eyes to love intersexed and trans people because they have a birth defect does not make it any more acceptable behavior belief it is just ignorance and a form of bigotry that is on the same lines as believing that God loves a black person even though they were born with a birth defect.

The fact is a transgendered or intersexed people are not defective humans.Sexuality is not a black and white straight line as many believe in their abundance of ignorance.

Honestly, I'm comfortable with understanding it as a birth defect. The body did not form in alignment with the brain's sex. The brain is the larger sex organ therefore it is the body that is "defective".

As unappealing as it sounds, it's not entirely inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Say WHAAA...man you just pulled a sharp 180 degrees. Firstly why are you singling me out? Next why are you going out of your way to use disrespectful pronouns? Thirdly I'm an awesome actress as I did a pretty good job of being the opposite of an effeminate male back in my 24/7 boy days just FYI. Still not full time at present either but that is matter of my own comfort level with my appearance and certain features that I will most likely alter before going full time.

The only procedures I plan on making would be apple shave, hair line lower, brazillian butt lift and maaaaybe boob job. Not that I'm not comfortable with myself because I am but I feel as those things might make it easier for a straight male to see me as 100% woman and yes I'm attracted to straight males some of which like ladies such as myself.

I'm really disappointed at your sudden change of heart and lashing out at me/us whoever, I never treated you with such disrespect and believe me I can be down right callous and nasty if pushed so lets try to keep it classy shall we.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

She was speaking in hypothetical and not speaking her actual mind. I know, I was caught off guard at first, as well. Reread what she wrote in context to what she was replying to. Tactful or not, she wasn't directly attacking you.

Her and Benevolent had an open dialog. So urrahbuddy be cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread called," Perpetual War and the Six Seals". And wow, some of you religious are really over the top. I never went to church , never read the Bible. I was born Catholic and am now more of a spiritual person in the universe of Catholicism. Maybe don't take the scriptures so literally. I said I got a gay cousin. I am guessing you don't know any gay people. Just a wild guess. My mom told me the scriptures were teachings to guide us and she also said some people take them too literally as the word of God. In the world today it's not all black and white there are many complex politics. Just try not to get into any auguments with people in real life cause some people don't play, they will stab or shoot you. Good luck with things.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I wasn't sure which is why I was nice about it and asked questions.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

I'm sure there are many who have asked God for understanding about this.

Taking the time to learn and consider all the facts goes a long way, but if you want to describe it as 'asking a god' then sure, whatever works I guess...

You have to admit though that it is a difficult thing to understand. We see a baby born with a penis then he is male. Most would never think that maybe the baby has been born with a female brain.

Not if you've received a blanced upbringing and education.

It's not just Christians that are unable to understand that trans people are not just imagining they are the opposite sex, but they have a birth defect.

No ignorance is rampant, but christians do have a lot to answer for when it comes to the persecution of gay and trans people throughout the last 2000+ years.

Instead of showing anger towards God and Christians, try and help them see that it is a birth defect. Saying to a Christian than you were assigned the wrong sex is the same as saying that God made a mistake. It is offensive to us and so we will naturally see you opposite of what you are hoping for.

Wouldn't a 'birth defect' also be a mistake on the part of your god?

Or what about children with cancer and a million other afflictions?

Dont you think describing it as a 'birth defect' would be offensive to others? Why would anyone care about offending you if you don't care about offending others?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join