It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
OP there is no duality hate at all in your post. Empathy and understanding for souls who are put in a difficult situation.
. Beautiful. Light shining thru.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hi and thank you for your post and for coming to some moderate position on this subject however you rationalized it with your beliefs.

However, if you are going to discuss this subject, may I suggest some changes in your terminology that may be more acceptable to others.

The words transgender and transsexual are adjectives, not nouns. Transgendered is also inappropriately used in any context. It is preferable to say transgender person, transgender woman, transgender man, etc. Shortened versions such as trans woman/trans man are also usually okay. "Transgender" itself is a broad umbrella term that encompasses a wide range of gender diversity. Not all transgender people transition or seek medical intervention that could include hormone therapy and various surgeries. I admit it is a bit vague and confusing.

The term hermaphrodite has been replaced by intersexed. For more info, please visit the media guide at GLAAD

As Cuervo has pointed out, sexual reassignment surgery before 18 is very uncommon except in unusual circumstances but still never younger than 16 or 17 that I have ever heard of and certainly not a puberty. No absolute, definitive cause has been 100% determined but there is growing evidence that suggest prenatal factors are involved. Environmental causes i.e. plastics or something in the water have never been identified, suspected or noted in scientific literature. Transsexuality in children and adults are two separate conditions that lead to the same treatment and therapies but that is digging deeper into things than most people or even most trans* people need to go.

There are several narratives in other threads here that delve into the lives of trans children and their (Christian) parents as well as those from others that identify as transgender or transsexual. If you are interested in reading more, this thread is a good place to start. Keep in mind that all transgender/transsexual (trans*) people are unique and not all the same and don't necessarily share the same experiences or see eye to eye. We're all good people though worthy of the same dignity and respect as everyone else and most of the time, we're even nice! I'm sure questions you have about any of this will be answered as long as they are sincere and asked politely in a way that raises awareness and understanding.

And OP, it isn't so much the god thing that will make this thread go ballistic, anything involving gay or trans* people is highly volatile and generates strong sentiments around here.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I concluded that from the initial op post.

Honestly this is somewhat of a new topic for me, I've never known anyone who is trans, but here in Manhatten they are all around.

What I was getting at was that kids born to both genders(both reproductive organs) can be surgically made into one or the other by decisions of their parents. Not so much girl who feels like a boy and vice versa, there must be protocal in place for these situations, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

I appreciate your willingness to consider taking a loving Christian approach to to topic of transgender people! My mother was a Christian and her position was, "I don't know why people are that way (any LGBT person) but God made them and loves them, and so I do, too. It's not my place to question God's motives."

The topic of youth surgery has been covered, but I think it's a shame that some people think parents are allowing SRS for their young children...

People like Bruce Jenner are not like you. He has lived his life as a male.

Actually, that's not true. She has struggled with being a woman trapped in a man's body all her life. She TRIED to live as a male, but has been a female (in secret), dressing as a girl, playing with makeup, etc. her whole life. Her wives knew about it. Her wives and even her kids have caught her in women's clothing.

Caitlyn Jenner has always been a woman, just like any other transgender person.

I forget who brought it up, but I have always been VERY against surgery on intersex babies! I think it's terrible! There's a 50% chance they're removing the wrong sexual organs! And they do it because of pressure from their peers to answer, "Is it a boy or a girl"? They're too embarrassed to say, "Actually, we don't know yet. But we'll find out when they let us know and we'll let you know then." Or they could even assign a gender pronoun and forget the surgery until they find out.

Anyway, nice thread. And Starve the Trolls!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
While I no longer have a use for a god I will say that I find it refreshing that you have used your belief and faith in god to show you a path of compassion towards us. So often we hear the opposite coming out of the deeply religious camps.

So thank you for being a kind hearted human being that sees us in the same light as anyone and everyone else. We are all screwed up to some degree in our own ways and it is up to each and every one of us to help uplift one another.
edit on CDTSat, 22 Aug 2015 09:19:49 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago22-05:00Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:19:49 -050019 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
At least it's nice that a super christian has found a reason to not hate trans people.
It's a feel good story until you delve deeper.
Unfortunately if some plastic changed the brain in the womb and the person that was born with male genitalia decided to have surgery to become female - and if that person then chose to be with women, it is the definition of gay in this context and is an abomination to the OP's religion.
Something then that the OP would have to disagree with.

What I find interesting is that many people cannot accept what they were born with. If nature made you a woman then you wouldn't have to take pills to grow breasts, you wouldn't have to chop something off because it wouldn't be there in the first place, you wouldn't have to convince people that it is not a choice of gender. Go ahead, stop taking the gender pills and see what nature turns you back into.

Heck, I think my birth defect from my mum huffing gasoline is that I identify as being a man 7 feet tall, dark, and utterly handsome (I'm not but don't tell that to my ego) and that I should be offended if I don't get solicited from women all the time because people are against my birth defect. I wonder if you would think that's crazy for me to say. Surely I didn't come from the womb already thinking that, and you are unfortunately talking about the collective experience that made someone come to their own conclusion - something that has nothing to do with a birth defect, it's called life experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
See above, case in point of what we have to deal with on a daily basis. I will not dignify that thing with a direct response.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I will say that I find it refreshing that you have used your belief and faith in god to show you a path of compassion towards us.

Agreed! Compassion is everything. I don't have to fully understand people's struggles, but if I can find compassion for my fellow man (or woman), I can move forward in a non-judgmental way. And that's not only good for the world, it's good for my "soul".

We are all screwed up to some degree in our own ways and it is up to each and every one of us to help uplift one another.

Applause! Applause!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

See above, case in point of what we have to deal with on a daily basis. I will not dignify that thing with a direct response.

Yeah pointless. ive argued with that one before. not worth the time to be honest. Something in the environment is causing more people to be born with the wrong chemicalls and mental gender. Maybe because the way all of us are female when we begin?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Me either

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I had compassion for you, just not understanding. It was troubling me a lot, I thought it was a mental problem and that people were helping to feed your fantasy of being female. It made me sad and I saw that support as harmful. God showed me that I was wrong in my thinking; even in the surgery I was wrong. He showed me that you are not having a mental delusion and that you are a woman. You are one of the three who touched my heart and made me seek answers from God about this.

I think that when God reminded me of plastics that it may not of been Him saying it was definitely plastics, but to remind me of birth defects. It did trigger the memory of when I learned about birth defects in wildlife that lived in areas where plastics had been dumped and the synthetic estrogen leached out. When God talks to me it isn't like when we talk to people, but more feelings, images, and some words.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Looks like I need to read what Bruce/Caitlyn said and if that is the case, then my mind will be changed and I will refer to her as a female. Right now it just seems like it was for money and attention, but I am human and prone to make mistakes.

I will be busy reading for some time I am thinking.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Thank you again for your kind words, you are a truly sweet person with a gentle soul. Truly an exemplary representative of the religious crowd whom I once belonged too. These days I find peace with thinking of myself as spiritual in that I do not need a set of very specific rules to follow in the name of a very specific deity. I follow my heart which on occasions has led me astray and most often in those cases I feel true remorse for my actions. I also understand that we cannot have good without bad and vice versa and that sometimes we make bad decisions in the name of doing good.

Do not judge, lest ye be judged first.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I concluded that from the initial op post.

Honestly this is somewhat of a new topic for me, I've never known anyone who is trans, but here in Manhatten they are all around.

What I was getting at was that kids born to both genders(both reproductive organs) can be surgically made into one or the other by decisions of their parents. Not so much girl who feels like a boy and vice versa, there must be protocal in place for these situations, right?

Oooooh... totally different situation. Intersex children often have surgery while in infancy. I am totally against this idea as it can cause gender dysphoria down the road. How the heck do the doctors know which gender the child is in the head? There are a lot of transgender folks who were intersex and the doctor chose wrongly. Non intersex transgender people suffer the same fate but were screwed up in the womb instead of by the doctor.

Yeah, what they often do with intersex babies is just asking for problems down the road.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

For me all things will be about God.

I never heard the term intersexed, but it sure is easier to spell and does sound a lot nicer. I will read more at that site within the next few days, my plate right now is very full. Between here and real life there is much going on.

I will look at the thread as well, but I will be honest, if there is too much God and Christian hate in there I will not waste my time.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I agree that doing the surgery on intersex babies is a bad idea. I have in the past read the stories of these people who grew up feeling the doctor had removed the wrong organ and that it should have been their choice to make as adults, and not the parents or doctor.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Its a shame the christian god didn't tell every other christian over the last 2 thousand years what it told you recently........a hell of a lot of pain and suffering could have been avoided.....
edit on 23-8-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You did dignify that as a response. In a tone that it is a ridiculous thing for anyone to say.

I don't know if you are trans or not, but your response gives to the conclusion that you are or that you are a sympathizer.
So I ask you: is your birth defect somehow more morally acceptable than mine? The fact that my brain views me as someone tall dark and handsome but that my physical body isn't, is somehow stupid for anyone to say, and then at the same time say that people who have a gender brain different than their natural body is somehow perfectly acceptable and in no way should be seen as mentally divergent? But that I am divergent?

How dare you say I'm not tall dark and handsome. I was born that way. Stop hating. Stop saying I wasn't born a girl just because I have a penis.

It has to work both ways darling, or it can't work at all. The words were not directed at you personally, they are merely the argumentative words someone may use to impose a different viewpoint for broad thinking.

The large question is --- can gender different brain be something that could be based on life experience instead of "born this way"? I hope you see my point.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX
The fact that my brain views me as someone tall dark and handsome but that my physical body isn't, is somehow stupid for anyone to say,

Not really. BDD Maybe you see yourself as tall, dark and handsome because you're not and you're obsessed with what you see as defects in your physical body. Maybe you should start a thread about it and see if others suffer from the same disorder.

(But I'm pretty sure you don't have a disorder and you're just here to mock people.)

I hope you see my point.

Yeah, I do. In bold letters above.
edit on 8/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am merely adding to the OP by giving a reason why gender brain and different body could be considered a mental psychosis based on life experience and asking the panel to consider the possibility that maybe "born this way" is not always what it seems.

Sorry, your bold letters were not a sign that you understood, it was an emotional response based on how the logic made you feel. I'm assuming you failed to comprehend it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join