It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

For me, as a hard core Christian, I needed God to show me. Prior to that I believed that they were just mentally ill and getting themselves sexually mutilated.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

It could be like what I was saying about hermaphrodites, maybe many were actually supposed to be twins. But I do believe that the three here that I was leaving this for are the result of plastics. It is too convenient and the tv dinners that came in the plastic trays actually were pretty good especially when you are in the last trimester, hungry, but not feeling up to cooking. Plus the trays were reusable.

I'm hoping that more people like me will see these people not as mental cases pretending to be a sex that they are not, but people born with a birth defect. Sorry to those of you with this that I have in the past thought bad of.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tankgirlkittykaz

Yes, they are born this way...you must have missed that part in my OP. Your Christian hatred has been duly noted.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I giggled at the last part. I know, I'm bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentHill666

Have you looked into History with you philosophical views screwed on to tight? Homosexuality has been around since sexual arousal. You are not given GAY as punishment for your parents sins it is just who you are. The Grecian, Romans ,Pagans and many other cultures have had homosexuality built into their cultures... PRECHRISTIAN cultures. It is simply a genetic predisposition for the same sex. Transgender is also genetically predetermined. It does not take anything away from their being or capability to love and be loved. The writing of the bible by Constantine in third century Rome was written by chauvinistic beliefs that also persecuted women and forced them from teaching the Gospels of Mary, Thomas and others left out because their religion didn't fit with such forward thinking. If Christianity is so judgmental how do you live a full interesting and diverse life? I have so many problems with the acceptance of this thinking. It has no sense or reason.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

oh no I understood your OP perfectly. You have no medical training. it is not a mutation nor is it acceptable in any open minded society to actually believe such barbaric judgmental ideology because some priest decided it is bad and those who live with transgenderism are mutants.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tankgirlkittykaz

oh no I understood your OP perfectly. You have no medical training. it is not a mutation nor is it acceptable in any open minded society to actually believe such barbaric judgmental ideology because some priest decided it is bad and those who live with transgenderism are mutants.

Woah, woah, woah, woah... woah...

woah.

Maybe her words are not impressive to you but I feel you are forgetting the common reaction most of the religious right seem to have towards transfolk. She is not following the typical rhetoric and decided to gain insight spiritually on the subject. This led her to a place of acceptance.

Why attack her for it? Save your religious anger for those who deserve it, not for those who are trying to gain perspective.

I don't look at gift horses in the mouth, personally.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

We are all transgender.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You are refuting scientific evidence for a philosophical ideal? I know transgender people a few female and a couple of male. They lived gender neutral until they were 18 and had surgery. Now funny that science is acceptable to you. You cannot see the logic you follow as righteous surely. Casting aspersions on parents who have healthy children who just so happen to feel like their body is wrong or they are born with both sets of genitalia or worse yet like to have sex with a person of the same sex is beneath your so call all knowing all seeing GOD who will not love unconditionally because he sits watching over us all judging whether we can enter his kingdom. Does this not seem even a little illogical to you? I guess dinosaurs were either a hoax to throw us off or Jesus rode one to the sermon on the mount.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

As for my unimpressive proven factual based knowledge to you you judgmental small minded ignorant bunch of bigots for being judgmental you get to burn in the fiery pits when that is meant to be your gods job not yours hypocrisy if rife and your narrative needs updating to include the dead sea scrolls that blaspheme by showing Mary was a GOSPEL teacher.. oh no not a whore.. who was a widowed business woman taught scripture.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You are refuting scientific evidence for a philosophical ideal? I know transgender people a few female and a couple of male. They lived gender neutral until they were 18 and had surgery. Now funny that science is acceptable to you. You cannot see the logic you follow as righteous surely. Casting aspersions on parents who have healthy children who just so happen to feel like their body is wrong or they are born with both sets of genitalia or worse yet like to have sex with a person of the same sex is beneath your so call all knowing all seeing GOD who will not love unconditionally because he sits watching over us all judging whether we can enter his kingdom. Does this not seem even a little illogical to you? I guess dinosaurs were either a hoax to throw us off or Jesus rode one to the sermon on the mount.

Neither the original author of this thread nor I said anything like that. I'm not sure if you were confusing some posters with others but what you are claiming is being said has not been said by those you are responding to.

In my case, I am intimately acquainted with the subject matter and fully understand the science behind it as well as what a transgender person endures. I'm also not a Christian by any means.

I've been on the receiving end of some of the most vile and hateful words a person can utter to another human just for the crime of existing. When a person experiences that sort of evil from another, it becomes easy to forgive a person who may not understand everything but is willing to learn and adapt.

A little patience goes a long way.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Thank you!

I'm glad you understood my post and I think it's important to the transgenders here to see someone like me saying that I understand now and I accept you as you are.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

As for my unimpressive proven factual based knowledge to you you judgmental small minded ignorant bunch of bigots for being judgmental you get to burn in the fiery pits when that is meant to be your gods job not yours hypocrisy if rife and your narrative needs updating to include the dead sea scrolls that blaspheme by showing Mary was a GOSPEL teacher.. oh no not a whore.. who was a widowed business woman taught scripture.

What? I didn't say you were unimpressive at all. You totally misread what I wrote. Take your time and slow down without jumping to conclusions. It seems you are interjecting a lot of preconceptions of people here.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tankgirlkittykaz

I was saying I take a lot of things into account. There were no effeminine men back then they were built like Troy. They worked hard had wives. Two men living together would be unheard of. I heard the Greeks abused boys probably because they didn't get pregnant every time they had "sex". I used to watch the show "Oz" on HBO straight men fear and hate .....being sodomized. Attraction to the same sex is one thing, society was a lot different back then. Keep it to yourself or live and live your life. There were no " couples" in same sex relationships I think cause of the times. What I was trying to say not read every word of the Bible like written by God and maybe there is some interpretation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join