It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here for trying to understand a UFO I saw when I was a kid. What are the rest of you in for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I ran across this sight looking for UFO related topics. The stated purpose of ATS seems like something I'd be interested in, so I think I'll hang around a while. I'm hoping I'll run across some people here who can help me find some information on, or explanations of something I saw when I was a kid. The format here also gives me some hope that some productive discussions can be had over politics. I'm convinced the brain uses the same functions that drive racism, to handle politics. Discussing political disagreement is the easiest way to make otherwise reasonable people degeneration to savages.

Hello to everyone. What brings the rest of you here?
edit on 21-8-2015 by VP740 because: To expand on my reasons for joining.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Glad to have you on board.

I, too had a UFO encounter when I was younger.

It was one of those high strangeness events. I was in a secluded location, but there were friends near by who were absent and did not see the encounter.

The location was in some bushland near where I lived (Latitude: 33°58'31.24"S & Longditude: 151° 4'4.21"E if you want to see in Google Earth). The landform is a tree'd valley with a creek at the bottom.

I was on a fire-break track to the south east of the location, overlooking the creek.

The craft was hovering above the creek and just below my eye level (about 12 meters away).

The craft was small, perhaps 4m wide by 5m long by 2m high was silvery and shaped like a mash-up between a classic UFO convex disk and a tear drop shape. It had a large tail fin in a narrow wedge shape coming from the highest point of the craft and and ending slightly outboard of the back of the craft. It also had a rod or aerial that tapered to a point pointing up vertically for about 1/2 a meter above the tail fin and half way down the tail fin. The craft also had side fins at the back but they were smaller than the upright tail. The joins between all surfaces were rounded. I did not see any definable hard lines.

There was a curved rectangular window at the front but it was evenly grey or silver and was evenly colored, I could see no details through this window (if that is what it was). The corners of the window were sharply 90 degrees.

There was a cloud or vapor moving over the surface but it seemed clumpy (like mini cirrus clouds), not smooth. The cloud was heavier than air as it was rolling over the sides, downwards.

There was no sound and the surface of the creek below didn't seem to be disturbed.

After staying still for some time (perhaps only seconds) the craft rotated (horizontally) the window towards me but at the same time appeared to recede away (which was impossible as the valley at that point was narrow). So it receded, getting smaller or further away until it disappeared. This took less than a minute. The further it receded, the faster it seemed to be receding.

After it had gone, I went down to the creek and looked for anything that might have been left there but there was nothing out of the ordinary.

My personal impression was that it was some sort of time or dimensional traveling craft and that it had come to observe me. I had no sense of any lost time and there was no evidence that I had lost any time. I had no marks on my body or the things others have reported after such encounters. Except for what I saw, I had no sense of heat, sound, light beams or other sensations of anything emanating from the craft.

I was ten years old at the time (I'm now in my 50's).

Anyway, I'd love to hear the specifics of your encounter.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Looking for something. Until that time don't watch the kardashians , reality tv, drool over stars/musicians. So why not.

Welcome

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You have come to the right place then, archives go back for years on just about every topic one can and can not conceive. Also it is a good source of current news and many knowledgeable members post more detailed and intelligent accounts than the MSM does. I enjoy reading the political threads from time to time, mainly to watch the opposing view points battle it out, some entertaining and hilarious posts and threads out there as well.

I suppose a weird dream I had as a kid, a love for aviation, an open mind that wants to get at the "behind the scenes top secret" stuff and a friendly community is what brought me here and keeps me around.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I'm sure you'll love it here and learn a lot.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

'Nothing like "seeing is believing" whether we can fully understand the event or not. Many people that have a close sighting come away with the concept that they have been "served" with something special. Once it is recognized that the event is clearly outside the boundaries of the usual, it naturally acquires an aura of mystery, excitement and perhaps fear. Along with that is the frequent feeling that some aspect of themselves is involved in exactly why they are treated to the experience.

Unfortunately, most other people, even those generally believers in alien UFOs, cannot accept that there can be a manner of psychic connection between such a craft and the observer. That is a valuable loss of understanding to the whole experience. But one far too frightening for those others to consider with any rationality as it suggests the unspeakable.

Yet, on the face of it, we have here a wonderful little story of a youngster being graced with an "angel" of the "sky gods," if you wished to put the event into a locked-in religious explanation. I cannot guess what you truly think of your experience, but I suspect you view it in a far more healthy manner of today's world.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I joined when the site came up in Google of a thread "what's the craziest thing you've ever heard?" When I started reading the replies I realized this was no regular forum. I browsed around and decided that this is what i've been looking for in a website. I'm here pretty much just to share my knowledge and wisdom, and definitely not to convince other people of my opinions. I know i'm not the wisest and i'm sure my knowledge is miniscule compared to others, but I just feel like I have to share.

Have fun, I haven't been a member long but it looks like a nice place. And some of the alien material i've already been reading into is very interesting. Whether you find what you're looking for or not, I wish for you the best journey.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: chr0naut

'Nothing like "seeing is believing" whether we can fully understand the event or not. Many people that have a close sighting come away with the concept that they have been "served" with something special. Once it is recognized that the event is clearly outside the boundaries of the usual, it naturally acquires an aura of mystery, excitement and perhaps fear. Along with that is the frequent feeling that some aspect of themselves is involved in exactly why they are treated to the experience.

Unfortunately, most other people, even those generally believers in alien UFOs, cannot accept that there can be a manner of psychic connection between such a craft and the observer. That is a valuable loss of understanding to the whole experience. But one far too frightening for those others to consider with any rationality as it suggests the unspeakable.

Yet, on the face of it, we have here a wonderful little story of a youngster being graced with an "angel" of the "sky gods," if you wished to put the event into a locked-in religious explanation. I cannot guess what you truly think of your experience, but I suspect you view it in a far more healthy manner of today's world.

Tourists?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Occasionally you'll find here someone drops in with exactly the knowledge and experience to help answer your questions.

Personally my main motive for being here is to p on crooked intelligence agencies. I have reasons.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As soon as you get 20 posts, write us a OP on the experience. I had an encounter when I was about 13 - 15 and it. was. weird.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I'll give some explanation of my UFO sighting. Unfortunately all I have is an old memory of something I saw in poor lighting conditions.

I lived in Lake Dallas Texas then (about an hour's drive north of Dallas). My mother and I were driving back from a nature viewing trail early one night. I might have been nine or ten at the time (in the nineties). On the way back to I-35 we came into some traffic. I noticed something just a little peculiar in the distance and remarked "That thing kind of looks like the stealth bomber". My mother agreed. Watching it a little bit, I saw that it was only somewhat moving (sort of like a kite blowing in the wind). It was also relatively close. We'd drive by it before we went over the bridge. I became more curious as we came closer and I started seeing it more clearly. There was one big red light on top, and a ring of little white lights around the bottom. It wobbled around slowly, rolling in circles (tilting rather than turning). "I wonder what that thing is". My mother said it was a radar dish, or something of that nature. That would make sense; except it was fairly large (a little bigger than a car). As high up as it was I figured it would need something pretty sturdy holding it up. It was dark but not pitch black. I strained to see a support structure. The darkness could have covered a thin pole, but I was sure I would be able to see if there was something large enough to hold up an object that size. I argued the point with my mother, who was unconvinced. Looking at the object again I noticed it was fairly still, but not perfectly stationary. I got an idea and announced "Oh! I know what it is! It's a balloon shaped like an airplane with some lights on it." I thought that was kind of cool, and I felt a satisfaction in figuring it out. I could hear the wind blowing strongly. No wonder it was rocking so much. There were some high voltage power-lines near by. They probably didn't count on this kind of weather when they set it up. The wind seemed to blow it dangerously close to them. Actually it passed over them. I was stumped now; this thing wasn't tethered to anything. I just had to know what it was now. I wasn't the only one. When we caught up with it my mother pulled to the side of the bridge, and a couple of other cars pulled in front of us. I had a perfect viewing angle from the passenger side window. I also decided to roll down the window to see what I could hear. This thing seemed silent. This close I could see some things under it. It tilted away steeply and I saw three crescent shaped speed-bump like things, which I assumed to be landing gear. I got the impression it didn't like being watched from the bridge. It tilted more steeply away as it rolled. Each time it leaned away it moved a few feet. Before it was moving down the side of the road. Now it kept moving directly away from the bridge. We stayed there watching it for a while as it slowly wobbled away. At one point I saw someone shine a spot-light on it for a second or two. I saw a smooth dull metallic surface. When we could barely see it moving in the distance, we continued driving home.

We figured it was an experimental military air-craft (that's still my best guess). We didn't see anything about it on the news. I haven't seen any UFO reports that sounded the same. I haven't seen any declassified technology that fits the description either. Now I'm not only curious about what it was. I'd like to understand how something peculiar like that could just show up publicly in front of everybody, and then go away without really being noticed. I know I'm not the only person who saw it, or even noticed it back then; but I haven't been able to find anything at all about it since. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places... It'd be nice to at least hear from someone else who's seen it after all this time.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Odd is all I can say.

new topics

top topics

join