It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

I agree. If the market drops by 10,000 then I will surely be crapen bricks. Hopefully this is only a minor set back.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Murdoch now tweeting crash is coming.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee
Murdoch now tweeting crash is coming.

www.businessinsider.com...

Like saying water is wet. Too many problems. the happy go lucky mindset.... can't happen to us , were to big, always bounces back. Ok. The rest of us are crazy....really, it's all good

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I am willing to put money on it. The market will bounce back come Monday morning.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I am willing to put money on it. The market will bounce back come Monday morning.

It may do a minor bounce back. Will not recover what was lost. Too many issues to maintain on both national and global level. The bill always comes due, simple but true

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Maybe not all at once but it will recover. Not too long ago it drooped 300 points and came back next market day.

$100 USD says so. Any takers?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's a blip

www.macrotrends.net...

there's *always* something to keep it propped up. Greed is a powerful motivator and it will win out like it always does.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Good let it crash!!! It will be fun watching the people who made our economy the mess it is take a high dive off their office buildings.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Your OP sorta hinted at it.... but the financial gurus that dissect the stock market will not admit the close to 2K crash of the DOW from highs around 18,500. to the present status around 16,500 is actually related with the 30% reset of the Chinese Yuan value

If the overpriced DOW does not follow the same 30% devaluation--- then this small stock market crash is-NOT-done

there is a re-set going on...which is happening in spite of the powerful influences of the PPT (plunge protection team) and other 'Market Manipulators'

the logical & sensible world knows the USA DOW Industrial market is significantly over-priced but will not allow the real decline to happen.... a 30% market sell off would put the true worth of the equities at a much lower value than the manipulated 'inflation ravaged' model for the economy/GDP would permit..

18,500 - 1,850= 16,550
16,550 - 1,655= 14,995
14,995 - 1,499= 13,496~~~

13,496 DOW: is the realistic level the USA stock market should be at...NOT @ ~16,500 which the Masters-of-the-Universe want us to believe is the proper worth of these hyper-inflated stocks in relation to the rest-of-the-world level of value-worth.... the 5 day exercise is a false engineered decline, made exclusively for the elites & bankers...

It Is Only a 10% correction.... if more declines are not forthcoming... then be very sure this market decline was arranged beforehand and meant to be a shallow 10% correction ONLY

Reality would make it a 30% correction,,, and the BRICS monetary system will prevail in the long run !

originally posted by: luciddream

Chinese devalued their currency, major reason for stock drop.

WOW..... Someone else gets it.

the Chinese & BRICS monetary system are forthright & give a legit value.... with the gold element coming into the mix, China revalued ITs Yuan realistically...even with the Billions in deals already existing with Russia, et al. so the USA was supposed to re-set the price of the Dollar in relation to the DOW stock market..... Let's see what the un-free Market does next week on re-valuing the over-inflated stock market and in turn the Treasuries/the USD/etc.
if the decline stops at 16,500 it is a ruse, & America is still trying to bully the world economic systems....
if so then Russia/China/BRICS will put-the=-hammer-down HARD

edit on st31144021191621512015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I saw that macrotrends chart....cool...
it shows a completed move in the most major degree......to the top side....stay with me on this now.....
when we left the dock, we had just enough fuel to get to the isslannn...hold on.....wrong movie.....
Elliott wave analysis....from the 1900's....that chart showed a textbook wave 5 complete.....then a right down the middle ...a b c correction...we're in the " X " wave now, which is an enigma to start with....and we have broken to the downside....piercing the uptrend line with all time periods oversold to the farriggin maxx baby.....

As a Trader.... a " Chart Hacker "...I wait for confirmation because of one thing.....hate to say it....twood be a farr reaching correction....to the downside....good thing I have a trading system named TEOTWAWKI.....huh!/!!

AHAH HA HA ...down the merry river we go.....not a care.....not a care......and I feel fine....
edit on 21-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I wouldn't start building bunkers and buying freeze dried just yet.

There are at least a few constants with the stock market...

It will go up and down, people and companies like money, and buy low, sell high.

When Zero Hedge claims it's hitting bottom and the world is ending, you better get some orders in, cause that is what the ultra-rich will do, only they sometimes help push the price drop beforehand.

imho of course.

Nice thread S&F

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah, I wouldn't start building bunkers and buying freeze dried just yet.

There are at least a few constants with the stock market...

It will go up and down, people and companies like money, and buy low, sell high.

When Zero Hedge claims it's hitting bottom and the world is ending, you better get some orders in, cause that is what the ultra-rich will do, only they sometimes help push the price drop beforehand.

imho of course.

Nice thread S&F

Yeah this isn't going to bring about the end of the world. The reality is that even with all of the US debt, it is still the most stable economy out there. These things are going to happen more often now unfortunately...across all stock exchanges.

The rich are trying to get richer without contributing any value, all while hoarding more of that fake wealth.

Globalism is creating more rich sociopaths all over the world, thus infusing more instability across all markets.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Good Post

Time to buy Put options on DIA

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I work for a company that manufactures freight rail cars, we got a massive contract to build tank cars for transporting mainly oil across North America, coming up this September there has been a slight hiccup in production, the two production lines which were pumping out 5 - 7 of these tankers a day were all laid off.
They said at the beginning of the contract the 50 some odd thousand tankers that needed to be made would give jobs for years to come, something is up with oil.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I work for a company that manufactures freight rail cars, we got a massive contract to build tank cars for transporting mainly oil across North America, coming up this September there has been a slight hiccup in production, the two production lines which were pumping out 5 - 7 of these tankers a day were all laid off.
They said at the beginning of the contract the 50 some odd thousand tankers that needed to be made would give jobs for years to come, something is up with oil.

US was largest oil producing nation in 2014 with breakeven cost for U.S. hydraulic shale at something like $65 per barrel. Therefore OPEC has dropped its oil to $45 per barrel to kill off their competition.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
With China's economy tanking it is going effect global markets. In particular oil which will keep dropping with China's growth slowing. This is going to be a real nightmare for nations like Russia. China needs to get its debt problems under control.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

some say it will hit the 30's...oil is dead world wide.
for a while anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey bezzer, That might be your back end you smell.

Be safe. Looks like you got fire's all around you.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I predicted this correction for a couple of months ago, boy was I off. We sold a high percentage of our stock just before it started to decline this week. When the money gets here we might go out to dinner, That should take care of all of the money. Hopefully we have enough for the tip.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: beezzer

Hey bezzer, That might be your back end you smell.

Be safe. Looks like you got fire's all around you.

Rome is burning and so is Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho.

To coin a phrase that might be appropriate, "A scorched earth policy might be in effect".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join