It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: SunnyDee

I think we are being buttered up for the next big depression.

I am pretty keyed up today over this market event.

Until today it was still just talk. Now, I feel it, it's here. They can't control the world economies anymore. The PPT could not pull it off today, although it appeared they kept trying. I knew it would close down big, felt it in my gut. It may only be stocks to some people, but that market rules the world. The unraveling will be brutal!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Germany pulled the trigger on Greece and no one realized it except maybe Tsipras which is why he resigned?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bye bye 401k ... it's been real.

Sheesh, at this rate my 401k will be a 101k when I retire.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I took mine out of stocks and moved it to the bond market.

link   
the can fell into a bottomless pit before the great bailouts, they've been making it up as they went ever since.
weather or not they've lost their ability to control the illusion is anyone's guess....

link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

Three days ago they leaked Fed minutes this always had the Dow soar back into the green,this time it didn't,the next day they were unsuccessful with the 3.30 ramp and today hey couldnt hold the s and p...not yet have they lost control but they are loosing their grip

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Chinese devalued their currency, major reason for stock drop.

edit: lost $7,000 today, pretty depressed.
edit on 8/21/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, but bond ratings have been dropping too

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

yeah, been following all that. Yesterday was critical and what made me think today would be worse. I can foresee maybe a slight uptrend in the weeks ahead, but I think it will be very weak. I do believe we will get our sept/oct crash.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, but bond ratings have been dropping too

Yeah, kind of like changing suites on the Titanic.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
In a lot of military presentations and future scenario simulations I've read, they predict a global (not just USA) recession around 2018.
edit on 21-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
IMO this is the best time to buy, while it might seem like everything is going down hill I doubt it is. Give it a week and everything will be back to normal. If your smart you could make good money right now off this.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's happening is what people have been saying. A crash is on the horizon. Petro dollar declining ( 56 nations is some form leaving/have left the petro) fiat monetary system. Too much debt, too much smoke and mirrors. Fractional reserve banking has led to the creation of purchasing power out of thin air. A ton of other things
Only this time, the bag of tricks are empty used it all 2008-2011. But anyone who says it is crazy. Were too big, won't happen to us, etc. Bill always comes due.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
IMO this is the best time to buy, while it might seem like everything is going down hill I doubt it is. Give it a week and everything will be back to normal. If your smart you could make good money right now off this.

There's a saying: You buy when there's blood in the streets...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

No it will be death by algorithm capitulation this time might be like a ream of toilet paper at full tilt.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder when it all crashes down again, if this time private corporations will step in to save us all instead of governments?

Then we'll have one of those corporate dystopian futures like in Robocop ... everything is owned by the "corporation" because they bought it all up and saved us all from economic ruin.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I took mine out of stocks and moved it to the bond market.

That's sort of where ours is for the most part. He looked at things that stayed slow but steady through both 2008 and the recession previous, and he left a chunk in the wilder market because he figures it will recover because it can only bottom out so low. We do still have a decent chunk of years left before either of us retires.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Seriously? Give us one good reason to believe in a strong comeback and resurgence in this market at this time?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The CEO of this corporation will be Mr Louis Cypher...no hes not into salvation.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's the Alien Universe too. The Corporations like Weyland-Yutani and others.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join