It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Still haven't hit the safety net yet with all the drops. I'm still waiting to see it hit bottom once and cause a halt. Our number no matter how low they are now are still better than 2012 and 2013.

But looks like China took a big hit again, and with all the explosions in the short time span I don't see their market doing very well not for a while at least.

What I do find odd is that it's a global drop, all over the board no one is doing well. All my time watching markets up and downs there always one area that is doing well or at least not seeing a loss. Not this go around, all down all around. I do wonder what market trend is causing this. You would think something to cause a steep drop on a global scale, you'd hear about or see something in the paper about it. But I have yet to see anything. Sure there are a few small things here and there but I don't see them adding up to this much of a drop.
edit on 1-9-2015 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well got to love timing. Just so happens China decided to have a National holiday on September 3rd. Is this a new holiday, no it is not. But what is new is the market closing for it. The Hong Kong market will be closed, I've also read some place it'll be closed the 4th as well. Funny how things work out, or at least by some time.

China market Holidays 2014

China market Holidays 2015

Yup it's also closed the 4th, just double checked. Most likely we'll have a nice peaceful market day.

China market Closed the 4th

edit on 4-9-2015 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

In my estimate anyone who cant survive a nuclear war or natural disaster is already behind the curve and not doing so well.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yes but that was obvious already since 1 year. They managed to delay it as long as they could.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess this was a false flag. Huh.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Is this a trend or a random number they fudged?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
sure as hell hope the markets tank, and it better infect the housing bubble we got blown up last few years. i'm ready to purchase some property in the next year double up my net worth, you use these swings to your advantage, ain't no fear but a ton of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Actually the upcoming disastrous breakdown in western economies and financial market has been widely announced, well ahead of any politician's show of incompetence. The western fake democracy is based on a small clique of corrupt bankers and businessman who believe to be in command and everything is granted to them. On the other side there is a clique of corrupt politicians who believe they can exploit the corruption, arrogance and insanity of these economists, bankers, and businessmen for geopolitical neo-feudalistic purposes. In the EU the neo-feudal ideology of these people is prominent the most. The idea is of course for the businessmen, bankers and economists just about money. For the politicians and military top brass, instead the favourite word is total control over everyone. That includes control over your habits, your food, your thought even. Neurological weapons are precisely the mean through which the EU and western politicians attempted to enforce absolute control. They want to control and manipulate everything down to the food you eat, or even the partners you date, or even whether you are allowed to be heterosexual, or have to be manipulated into homosexuality.

There is a problem though... their arrogance and illusion of power has now reached the point where, it turns into senile dementia, and senile dementia from western politicians will wreck western civilization.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I haven't noticed I lost all my money in stock couple thousand and never looked back buy homes or real estate

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
oh hail no....play short term forex....enter at 7:42 N Y time pm.....look for a reverse....do not let 7:53 go by without entering a hopeful reverse....gbp/jpy is best in the asia session.....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

dont worry if market crashes, those comodity based economies of emerging markets will be hurt the worst. Its gonna be a global event. Which means global slow down, and no one buying and factories slowing, commodity prices dropping lower. Factories of outsourced to emerging markets will slow or close.

Deutche Bank is the cause but all the banks leveraged too high, they are just the first to fall like leyman brothers in 2008.

Stock market was overvalued artificially and not based on profit. Companies have been buying back their own stocks called corporate buy backs at a pace of 40 billion a month since 2008. So the stock rose high but not based on profit.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

Is everyone crazy??? Do you guys even understand the stick market??

The S&P 500 finished little changed this week after ticking down 0.1% to 2472.10 today, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2% to this week after advancing 33.76 points, or 0.2%, to 21830.31 today, an all-time high. The Nasdaq Composite declined 0.2% this week after dipping 0.1% to 6374.68 so this huge crash you guys think occurred took .3% off the Nasdaq.
edit on 7/29/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Currently several have had record profits I swear people watch cnn money or read the wall street journal. Because you have been getting your news from someone who's clueless on how stocks work.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is my understanding of the stock market. The CEO's and investors, shareholders get all the new printed money, keep as much as they can of all money, and trickle down just enough to keep the system and employees in their place. And now the states are rewarding them with more, i.e. tax cuts, real estate, free aging infrastructure, and if that's not enough, the feds want to give them MORE. Oh, and to balance to books, defund education and health care. Of course, all the voter cares about that keeps this system in place with their vote, is to wipe out the legacy of the black president, pump out more opioids from Afghanistan, and a conservative supreme court position so they can get to women. And now, we are in a stand off with a little bitty island that could lead to all out war. More fun for the Corps, CEO's, investors, while our kids spend the rest of their lives funding wars, private religious schools, and rich insurance companies. Yahoo!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Currently several have had record profits I swear people watch cnn money or read the wall street journal. Because you have been getting your news from someone who's clueless on how stocks work.

Like MOMof3.

Harte

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Hey neat !!

Maybe you can outline all of that so people can understand.

That's IF ya got time that is.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Is everyone crazy??? Do you guys even understand the stick market??

The S&P 500 finished little changed this week after ticking down 0.1% to 2472.10 today, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2% to this week after advancing 33.76 points, or 0.2%, to 21830.31 today, an all-time high. The Nasdaq Composite declined 0.2% this week after dipping 0.1% to 6374.68 so this huge crash you guys think occurred took .3% off the Nasdaq.

This thread is mostly from 2015... only a few 2016 replies that are all on this page...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

That it is from 2015 is interesting. None of the predictions came true from the elections. There have been no budget passed, no tax reforms. Yet, the rich are richer than ever and we are on the brink of a war with N Korea and escalating with China and Russia.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

No i have not but i have noticed that all the gas stations in my area are folding. can't imagine why

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join