It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
just wanted to pass on this great and earthshaking interview...

Jim Sinclair, 36 minutes...
the PPT demise, the rise of gold/silver beyond just a valued asset gold becomes the gravitas of your national currency strength...
the reset before the winter of 2015-2016... a new financial system being put into place

www.youtube.com...

Great video

Paul Craig Roberts said that the gold market is manipulated by the futures contracts. No gold need change hands, so they can keep the price down without selling and transferring gold out of their stockpiles.

You tube vid from 2014 or13 or12 still looking.

Here is some of the text of the video at the link

Excerpt from The Hows and Whys of Gold Price Manipulation by Paul Craig Roberts and Dave Kranzler

The Fed’s gold manipulation operation involves exerting forceful downward pressure on the price of gold by selling a massive amount of Comex gold futures, which are dropped like bombs either on the Comex floor during NY trading hours or via the Globex system. A recent example of this occurred on Monday, January 6, 2014. After rallying over $15 in the Asian and European markets, the price of gold suddenly plunged $35 at 10:14 a.m. In a space of less than 60 seconds, more than 12,000 contracts traded – equal to more than 10% of the day’s entire volume during the 23 hour trading period in which which gold futures trade. There was no apparent news or market event that would have triggered the sudden massive increase in Comex futures selling which caused the sudden steep drop in the price of gold. At the same time, no other securities market (other than silver) experienced any unusual price or volume movement. 12,000 contracts represents 1.2 million ounces of gold, an amount that exceeds by a factor of three the total amount of gold in Comex vaults that could be delivered to the buyers of these contracts.

This manipulation by the Fed involves the short-selling of uncovered Comex gold futures. “Uncovered” means that these are contracts that are sold without any underlying physical gold to deliver if the buyer on the other side decides to ask for delivery.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

edit on 26-8-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
China down 1.3%. The Dow is trading up right now at 208 but I have a feeling it's going to be another rough day and we'll end up closing in the red again.

So much for my feeling...LOL. The Dow is up 550 pts!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

It sounds to me like the way they have been doing with the dollar for decades, the false sense of liquidity that is not there because US can print money at will, but with gold, they are now playing another game, we as today do not have any gold in reserves or that is what the US has been pointing out for a while unless they have a secret stash somewhere hidden, but if we do not produce gold how can US will ever back what is not there.

I got the felling that this new Federal reserve strategy is not going to work.

Oil has been since the 70s the US dollar backer.

When countries starts to trade fantasy for security it means nothing, but more fantasy, now the downfall is real.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The meltdown is continuing on like it was intended to happen from the inception of the type of monetary system put in place 100 years ago.

It's actually been going the way it has for much longer than that.

The entire "world of man" is a giant fake game to extract wealth from the weak by those with power over them and that's the way it has always been.

The names are changed to protect the guilty so they can continue to profit from the ignorant masses which have faith in a giant lie.

Some day it will end just because we will run out of resources to steal from one another to sell back to one another.

If enough people lose faith in the system, if they grow out of feeling like they need to have something to have faith in, we may see something like "societal evolution" in a forward direction instead a state of stagnancy as we have had since a long, long time ago.

And I have no idea what it is I babble about....

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Maybe if they worried more about food reserves instead of gold which is pretty useless if there are no tomatoes or whatever....

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

No meltdown china is having problems and when the Chinese stocks fell the market panicked. China has invested money into the market shooting it up and stocks are back on the rise. It was a reaction to the central bank’s failure over the weekend to announce a widely expected cut to the bank reserve requirement, a move that has in boosted stock prices in the last few months. The government eventually caved and announced a cut on Tuesday (Aug. 25). And immediately Chinas stocks recovered. Bit this does show how global the economy is now. Here chinas stock market affected Europe and the US these economies are so intertwined that if one goes they all do. Now a stock market crash would create a global crises not like in the past.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think they are doing interventions to keep the markets up.
This afternoon the Dow Jones started dropping fast.
I was logged into one of the online trading services watching for the bottom.
The server kicked me out and left 504 and 502 server timeout errors, wasn't able to log back in after 3 pm?
That could be a problem if they have killed the free market system and lied about the stock market recovery.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Oh, but the government does that is why we got Monsanto dictating our food quality in the US and trying to do so around the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I agree, whatever is going on is of not public knowledge, even if is our tax payer dollars.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
I think they are doing interventions to keep the markets up.
This afternoon the Dow Jones started dropping fast.
I was logged into one of the online trading services watching for the bottom.
The server kicked me out and left 504 and 502 server timeout errors, wasn't able to log back in after 3 pm?
That could be a problem if they have killed the free market system and lied about the stock market recovery.

Ever used Hershey's chocolate syrup? The last chocolate milk you make from the plastic bottle, you usually have to pour a little milk into the bottle and shake it around to rattle out the last bit of chocolate. That's my take away from the market today... they're making sure they "tempt out" the last bit of money from the day traders and casual investors before the bottom drops out and they can consolidate more stock ownership and power.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The tools used to keep the stock market illusion have been around for a while.
When you see sucker hole drops with recovery on low volume its fairly obvious its intervention not herd mentality.
Maybe there is a secret list somewhere of all the intervention booby traps?
After watching the process first hand I would say its too esoteric to be fair for day traders.

edit:
They said the computers got too hot during the market drop today!

system outage

A market-making unit run by a subsidiary in 2010 and 2011 traded using information not available to other customers of ITG’s private stock-trading system, the company said Wednesday. ITG also said it’s in talks with the regulator to settle the case. Judy Burns, an SEC spokeswoman, declined to comment.

Chocolate milk again
edit on 27-8-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It sounds to me like the way they have been doing with the dollar for decades, the false sense of liquidity that is not there because US can print money at will, but with gold, they are now playing another game, we as today do not have any gold in reserves or that is what the US has been pointing out for a while unless they have a secret stash somewhere hidden, but if we do not produce gold how can US will ever back what is not there.

When countries starts to trade fantasy for security it means nothing, but more fantasy, now the downfall is real.

They look at money like electricity through a computer. As long as money moves through the economy a certain way, all is well.

They don't want a crash, because it might get out of control, so they will dribble out enough money to keep the economy like it is now.

There are a lot of government jobs that don't look like government jobs. When the gov hires companies or contractors it looks like normal business.

Like folks say here at ATS, we don't have enough information. Also they make everything real a hundred times more complicated that it has to be.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Oh God now they are calling it a "cosmetic" problem!

Cosmetic problem with screen

All the worlds markets could crash and no one would notice..
edit on 28-8-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Is also another factor that we should look at, is always the possibility that stocks has been keep overvalued to keep the illusion that nothing is wrong.

I always feel that after the global panic of the 2008 market crash, central banks and specially the US markets has concocted a way to keep small investors and the regular citizens unaware of what really is going on to avoid raids on bank.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The US has the largest gold reserves in the world nearly as much as the next 5 nations combined. Of course gold as a standard for currency is not something that represents a nations wealth in a modern era.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well I guess we do have a stash somewhere around.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I should have known better, US government have not mined Gold since world war II, but that doesn't mean gold have not been mined ever since, we do have gold all over, but the way is mined is by individuals and companies that then sell the mined gold to the government.

That I knew.

What I don't understand is why, the states that mine gold are not considered wealthy states, I guess is laws on how much gold can be mined and who really own the gold.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
here is a thoughtful article.... it generally calls the last week stock market activity a 'dead cat bounce'

that 6-7% recovery is the average rebound seen during the 2000, 2007- 2009 market corrections of previous managed bubbles

in the burning-platform article : www.theburningplatform.com...

they caution the risk adverse main-street guy to get out of those stocks while you can...

they expect ~18 months of 0$ returns and the devaluation of stocks around 50% as we slide into deflation-recession and probably a Venezualia kind of collapse of the economy, food delivery system, etc.

I donno....
I will stay with the 16 or so shares I got in elect. utilities,
the 5 I got I RAI,
the 5 I got in DOW
the 18 I got in INTC
the 8 I got in LNCE
these are all certificated, and if I come out the other side of the depression, the documented shares might be worth a lot more than the present fiat dollar value.... the infrastructure will remain so that's a plus...
it would not be worth the effort to redeem the shares for the paltry $1,500 they would generate for food or prep goods

... It’s only fun to be reckless if you also turn out to be lucky.
Market conditions are now more hostile than at any time since the 2007 peak.
If you want to be speculating, and you can tolerate the outcome, then you’re not taking too much equity risk in the first place.
But it’s one or the other.
Can you tolerate a 40-55% market loss over the next 18 months or so?

If not, take this opportunity to set things right. That’s not the worst-case scenario under present conditions; it’s actually the run-of-the-mill historical expectation....

level headed article imho

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Is also another factor that we should look at, is always the possibility that stocks has been keep overvalued to keep the illusion that nothing is wrong.

I always feel that after the global panic of the 2008 market crash, central banks and specially the US markets has concocted a way to keep small investors and the regular citizens unaware of what really is going on to avoid raids on bank.

All of the gains in the stock market could be due to more fiat money created for the same amount of stocks. The created money is held in private financial vehicles out of sight. Coincidentally or Conspiritorailly, the FED stopped publishing the M3, which was the total amount of money in circulation, in 2006. An article from that time is a sample of what the conspiracy world was saying about that. The Fed still published M3 at the time of the article.

“The Federal Reserve tracks and publishes the money supply measured three different ways– M1, M2, and M3.

These three money supply measures track slightly different views of the money supply.

The most restrictive, M1, only measures the most liquid forms of money; it is limited to currency actually in the hands of the public. This includes travelers checks, demand deposits (checking accounts), and other deposits against which checks can be written.

M2 includes all of M1, plus savings accounts, time deposits of under $100,000, and balances in retail money market mutual funds.

But that is all small potatoes, M3 includes all of M2 (which includes M1) plus large-denomination ($100,000 or more) time deposits, balances in institutional money funds, repurchase liabilities issued by depository institutions, and Eurodollars held by U.S. residents at foreign branches of U.S. banks and at all banks in the United Kingdom and Canada.”

In other words, M3 tracks what the big boys are doing with the money. This includes US dollars held in banks in Canada and the UK (called Eurodollars) not to be confused with the Euro which is the standard currency of Europe.

So, perhaps I’m just suspicious by nature but it begs the question, what are they trying to hide?

Well, if you’ve read any of our other articles you will know that inflation and the money supply are very tightly integrated. Increases in the money supply are the direct cause of inflation. (See Inflation- Cause and effect and Inflation Definition).

inflationdata.com...

The stock market is not necessarily over valued, if you value it in terms of inflation money. And we don't know how much money the Fed has created or how much more they plan to create in the future.

The Fed can also remove money, whenever it wants to.

edit on 31-8-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

earlier in this thread , I proposed that the DOW Industrials should ultimately be much lower ~ around 13,500 ~

....... a 30% market sell off would put the true worth of the equities at a much lower value than the manipulated 'inflation ravaged' model for the economy/GDP would permit..

18,500 - 1,850= 16,550
16,550 - 1,655= 14,995
14,995 - 1,499= 13,496~~~

13,496 DOW: is the realistic level the USA stock market should be at...NOT @ ~16,500 which the Masters-of-the-Universe want us to believe is the proper worth of these hyper-inflated stocks in relation to the rest-of-the-world level of value-worth....

it seems that Week One got the DOW down around the 16,550 zone...
the pundit's are hollering that you probably missed the great "buying opportunity"

so now it's Tuesday of week 2 (of a long downward trend) the DOW is down anywhere from 300-400 points
~look at the 2nd stage low I forecasted above: 16,550 - 1,655 = 14,995... this will be the bottom of phase 2 but the whole bubble needs to still be burst ...

I still suggest that phase 3, the capitulation that there was a bubble... will realistically lower the DOW to : 13,496
the real bottom may take 18 months to shed the fantasy figures & unrealistic hope, that will be May 2017...

I propose that with the equity bubble deflating that gold will rise to ~$1444. by spring 2016

I am in the process of revamping my ROTH IRA account into something other than a gold/PM mutual fund

stay thirsty my friends

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join