It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
The Dow jones industrial average high this year was 18,351 and the low was 15,370 before the bounce.
Works out to about a 16% percent drop.
Compared with the flash crash of 22.61% in 1987 this is a mild correction so far.

There are mechanisms in place the prevent the market from experiencing a standard crash, though. The definitions need to change. As is so often the case, though, we're altering definitions where the feds are involved to ensure that everyone believes its sunshine and farts. Trading was halted 1200 times yesterday to prevent a crash... that's not a correction, it's a manipulated, artificial market control to ensure that there never is a quick crash again. Corrections don't involve 1086 point intraday swings...

This is a slow motion barrel roll down the straightaway and it isn't going to stop until it hits the wall.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

LMAO! Remember the Iraqi Propaganda Minister Mohammed Saeed? He'd make a wonderful Wall Street apologist. The news could interview him standing in front of the trading floor with traders physically lynching themselves and setting fire to their portfolios and manage to stay calm and level voiced while saying "The economy's fundamentals are strong! This is just a correction and the strength of the American economy will shine through!"

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: gabe71886
I believe Ron Paul predicted this would happen.

Everybody knows these things are going to happen. Market corrections are a natural part of the market cycle. If they hit at the wrong time they can be troublesome but, when they hit at times like now when economy is in good shape they mean little.

What indicates that this is a good economy?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Watched the CNBC bobble head during the last half hour poor dear had whiplash from shoulder pad shock and a deer in the headlights look whilst spinning-classic stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

15 = 2015
666 = guess
44 = 44th potus

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

LMAO! Remember the Iraqi Propaganda Minister Mohammed Saeed? He'd make a wonderful Wall Street apologist. The news could interview him standing in front of the trading floor with traders physically lynching themselves and setting fire to their portfolios and manage to stay calm and level voiced while saying "The economy's fundamentals are strong! This is just a correction and the strength of the American economy will shine through!"

LOL, I still think they should have made him a comedian!

Anyway, to put it in perspective, in the last six trading days, the Dow has lost a total of nearly 1,900 points, or 11%

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
China down 1.3%. The Dow is trading up right now at 208 but I have a feeling it's going to be another rough day and we'll end up closing in the red again.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

what's potus. thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

1.3% isn't that bad considering how high up they where be for the drop. We still have lots of space to fall further. We're not even near the old 2011 market numbers yet, and that's still far from zero.

It's still interesting to see all the world markets drop together. I think only Japan had an up day and that's just due to market balance, not something causing an up turn in their market so I don't see their climb holding for more then a day or two.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: P3tr4Q

What's potus? President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The economy is not In good shape, it never recuperated from the 2008 crash, we are no doing any better than before even when the markets shows that the elite are doing peachy, down the line the regular worker is still suffering for the 2008 mistakes.

edit on 26-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You noticed that didn't you, that panic button is working like a charm, I still go with the analysis of one of the older markets watcher that said two days ago that the markets fluctuations are to much to be just a correction.

But time will tell, the band aids are not sticking enough let see how long they hold.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Been Japan the originators of the famous Quantitative Easing or what we call in the US the QEs I expect no less coming from their markets.

They sure know how to manipulate the system in their favor to stop any signs of panic.

Bank of Japan Faces Pressure as Markets Sink

Growing expectations of additional monetary easing as markets frustrate efforts to generate inflation

TOKYO—Global markets are frustrating the Bank of Japan ’s efforts to generate higher inflation, heightening expectations that the central bank will undertake additional monetary easing.

Concerns about a worse-than-expected slowdown in China have sunk stock and commodity markets, leading the yen to strengthen as investors seek safety and raising doubts about whether the U.S. Federal Reserve will begin raising interest rates next month. Oil prices are at six-year lows, having already caused the BOJ to push back its target date for achieving its 2% inflation goal.

It all adds pressure on a central bank that faces a flagging domestic recovery and inflation that is stuck near zero. Japan’s benchmark stock index—which Tokyo sees as a barometer of policy success—has lost 14% of its value over the past week. The BOJ’s favored measure of inflation, due to be released Friday, is widely expected to have turned negative last month.

www.wsj.com...

edit on 26-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
US Dollar Devaluation Prediction for 2015

The US problems are far more than just a Market flop.

A debt crisis has taken the western world by storm, but few seem to be sounding the alarm. The U.S dollar, the go-to currency for global economic stability and growth, is imploding at an unprecedented rate.

Profit Confidential editors have been critics of the U.S.’s inability to reign-in government spending. Based on the White House’s own figures, the national debt will reach $20.0 trillion by the end of this decade—about 140% of our current gross domestic product (GDP).

Historically, countries that have incurred considerable debt and consistent national debt-to-GDP multiples of 120% or more have experienced currency devaluation. The U.S. dollar has been in a free-fall against other major world currencies since 2009.

You have to print money to make money. No one knows this better than the Federal Reserve. Since November 2008, the Federal Reserve has initiated three rounds of quantitative easing (QE) in an effort to create more economic activity and increase home prices.

What have three rounds of QE accomplished? It was supposed to increase lending, create more jobs, and lower the unemployment rate. Instead, banks are sitting on a pile of cash and remain tight-fisted, fewer jobs have been created, and the real unemployment rate remains high.

www.profitconfidential.com...

Flooding the markets with Liquidity that have not backing is spreading globally no wonder the markets will eventually get into a free fall.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If that is american taxpayer dollars, why do we allow it to sit in banks? We all have senators and representatives that we vote for. I contact mine, Cathy McMorris Rodgers all the time. Surely, this issue is one that we could all be united on.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: marg6043

If that is american taxpayer dollars, why do we allow it to sit in banks? We all have senators and representatives that we vote for. I contact mine, Cathy McMorris Rodgers all the time. Surely, this issue is one that we could all be united on.

Of all the crazy things the last several decades can you name on that United people for more than a week?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
a reply to: P3tr4Q

What's potus? President of the United States.

i get it now

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sadly we have learned from the past that we the American voters do not matter anymore when competing with the big dip pockets and backing the outsourcing of Americas production base for profits, they are the ones behind clapping when the dollar gets devaluated.

Is not by chance that our dollar is been destroyed, is a deliberated agenda and the government just go alone with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
just wanted to pass on this great and earthshaking interview...

Jim Sinclair, 36 minutes...
the PPT demise, the rise of gold/silver beyond just a valued asset gold becomes the gravitas of your national currency strength...
the reset before the winter of 2015-2016... a new financial system being put into place

www.youtube.com...

edit on th31144061544526572015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31144061552526582015 by St Udio because: dam i will get it rite somehow

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join