It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

I'll sleep better now. The solution has been found

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let see how long the markets will hold the illusion, I say is an omen specially when I decided to watch the markets close and one of the older analyst was very worry about the fact that the markets were down so much for just been an isolated case or a correction.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

just seeing your signature. if i may, the greatest scam in history are the nukes. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: carewemust

You have a problem with the failsafes because they interfere with the free market even though they could be responsible for you keeping your job when one of these corrections gets out of hand and spirals into a crash? Interesting...

Nope. No problem with fail-safes. Just keeping an open mind that there are winners and losers, with or without a failsafe. I earn my living by adapting to whatever is presented. Opportunity is always present.

Fantastic. That's a good way to live. I try to be the same way. Can't control every variable that comes your way, but you certainly can let yourself be fluid enough to let them roll of off you or even benefit from them.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I do drink less already

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the schizophrenic markets are nurturing many predators & vulture capitalists.... the supposed (or managed/contrived ) PM scarcity is given as the driving force of ever lower bullion SPOT price, translating into pricier coins-bars every day

just a first hand account of what I bought during the hectic up-down week and Tuesday the 25 prices for bullion

my bullion seller prices before & after the friday-monday correction:
(EXAMPLES were purchased 14 & 18 Aug...todays price premium is on 25 Aug)

EAGLE sale $18.95 - SPOT @ $14.88

MAPLE for $18.35 - SPOT @ $14.88
MAPLE for $18.80 - SPOT @ $15.21

MAPLE for $18.60 - SPOT @ $14.71

Premiums for physical metal are going to pop by multiples.. rather than the rate of the example above ( a .32¢ switcheroo, not in your favor, where you pay 15¢ more for a .17¢ cheaper product) will we soon see 100% Premiums for silver coins/bars like before?

eagle up to $4.39
maple up to $3.89 per coin or up .32 cents & .42 cents on less expensive yet rarer metals ??? how's that work ?

edit on th31144052636725122015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well today was hailed as a great comback day.

But the market flopped again

Down around 200.

Today could have been just a fluke.

Watch out this week and next week.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The dow finished on 15 666.44 that sir is no coincidence the next 24 hours will be interesting indeed

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Remember, it's not what the market opens at that matters, but where it clos... Uhm. Uh-oh. Hmmm...
It's not where the market opens that matters, but when it closes with a gain that will matter!
Yeah, that works.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

The dow finished on 15 666.44 that sir is no coincidence the next 24 hours will be interesting indeed

Good Point

And, the ".44" is the caliber of the gun.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

and 49 days ago 7 x 7 it closed at 17 777....Judgement possibly????????

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

and 49 days ago 7 x 7 it closed at 17 777....Judgement possibly????????

I would like to believe God will chose an instrument less... manipulated than the DOW Jones Industrial Average to cue mankind to His pending return, but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well theres locust plagues,dead fish,blood red moons when there not scheduled,plagues of insects so big they show up on radar,wildfires that have burnt an area larger than Israel,the plague,drought....he may still do old fashioned stuff as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That Southern rock group lynyrd skynyrd tried to explain it, too bad they failed the math test buying fuel for their plane.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Maybe He spilled some Sacrement on His 'SMITE' key, but I just have a hard time believing that anything tied to economics is going to serve as the indicator of the Day of Judgement.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Judgement by whom is the question this four fifths of wheres your father stuff means nothing to me but it does to very powerful elites.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul predicted this would happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gabe71886

Everybody knows these things are going to happen. Market corrections are a natural part of the market cycle. If they hit at the wrong time they can be troublesome but, when they hit at times like now when economy is in good shape they mean little.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Dow jones industrial average high this year was 18,351 and the low was 15,370 before the bounce.
Works out to about a 16% percent drop.
Compared with the flash crash of 22.61% in 1987 this is a mild correction so far.

The Nikkei 225 is only down about 14.9% but there is no double bottom supprt.

There are some leading indicators out there to read, but they are probably over our heads.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: gabe71886

Everybody knows these things are going to happen. Market corrections are a natural part of the market cycle. If they hit at the wrong time they can be troublesome but, when they hit at times like now when economy is in good shape they mean little.

Not sure I've ever seen an economy with a 0.25% federal bankrate as being considered in "good shape." This economy is propped up at best, collapsing at worst.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join