It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Get ready for the QE 4 infinity, remember people back in 2012 when Walls street wanted the QE 3 and infinity?, but the got either or.

Well back in 2013 the walls street asked again for it, but once again was denied, in 2014 the QEs were scaled back because supposedly the economy was doing better, while not completely gone they were cut back.

Well Wall street is now with the latest happenings, asking or let say screaming for ZIRP Infinity and QE4 Infinity, yes people as we speak this is on the table again it seems.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Source?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jrod

Yea, me too. It times of uncertainty and unease, remaining calm is ALWAYS the best solution. Maybe I really should get into stock trading... I certainly have no problems staying unemotional when the stress is on.

been there twice with 2 different stakes...the retail investor (you, I would presume) need to know a couple of things first...
1...you will not have access to all pertinent data that the big boys have.
2...much of an equities move (in price) happens in "after hours" trading.
3...there is a time delay between your sell or buy order, at the brokers level.
4...margin calls.
5...bankruptcy and/or merger in a company mostly takes place in "after hours" or on a weekend, both of which you can't trade.
6...the S&P 500 stays fairly stable due to the fact that low price stocks are removed and replaced by higher priced stocks
7...the elimination years ago of the "uptick rule"....look it up, you will see why it's important
8...there are still no rules governing derivatives, even when they were shown to be the main culprit in over-valuation
these are just a few off the top of my head

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Thanks for the advise. Some of those things I already knew, like your first 3 or so points. Others were brand new info. I'll keep that in mind. I've been thinking about buying stocks in the marijuana industry and these are things I want to consider when I do.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The history of the QEs is well established, but the latest asking for infinity in ZIRP and QEs I got it from more than one source of speculators.

This is one of them after the long analysis of the last two months.

wolfstreet.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ok thanks. Yea, I didn't care about the historic part. I'm already well versed in QE history. I was more curious about the recent addition.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's a buyers market and might stay that way for a while. It wouldn't be bad for the market for things to drop down some so people are make a few new deals and maybe move some funds around. I don't see the market crashing. The 7% drop stop would slow it down any large scale crash to a crawl. Even if we got three or four more days of drops we'd still be far from bottom, and most likely just end up with some new buyers in the market.

Even if some how the market did crash, it wouldn't be the end and all stop of everything. The lights would still turn on and the water would still run, and if the companies the handle these goes under there are still monkeys like me in the system that make sure it keeps running.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

This is spot on analysis. So many just randomly assume that the stock market is like one small push from having a total meltdown and when it does it will be anarchy everywhere. That's not true. First we have tons of failsafes to prevent such a thing. And two, the rule of law isn't reliant on people having money to obey it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It plays a big role on the scheme of todays problems, because it was those QEs the ones that keep the things rolling for quite some time after the 2008 crash, now we have a clear sign that they worked for the time being, but now is going to take three time more for the QEs to work once again, no wonder Wall street is going to beg for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the advise. Some of those things I already knew, like your first 3 or so points. Others were brand new info. I'll keep that in mind. I've been thinking about buying stocks in the marijuana industry and these are things I want to consider when I do.

don't be surprised if MJ isn't traded like a commodity. production and wholesaling most likely will be done by "big tobacco"...besides, for the next few years or more, I doubt there will be a tradable equity product, due to DOJ, SEC, Congressional legislation, etc....best bets for a decent return is dividends over few years in utilities...exam: PG&E, TVA, ConEdison electic...no home runs, but singles can add up....there are websites that show the most stable returns of dividends over a period of time, and how they relate to the equity price.... check out different sectors also, for putting little bit of risk in your portfolio......oh and one other important point....only the broker gets to see the "true" volume in market orders before they are executed.
edit on 24-8-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have been toying with this idea too. I like MJ, Oil, and whoever is working to bring Internet access to the other 6 billion people in the world.

You have 2 major groups working on that task too, but nowhere to put the money as an investor. OneWeb looks promising and Google is working on this also.

If you suddenly have access to the internet from even another Billion people, you have doubled your market for lots of things, but I imagine cell phone companies will do well there, facebook, google, verizon, ATT, Qualcomm, etc but also other online retailers and hardware providers too.

That could be a HUGE boon for the world economy and some of those companies.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There are already publicly traded marijuana companies.
Meet The 8 Hottest Publicly Traded Marijuana Companies

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Isn't a market "failsafe" the same thing as free market interference? I suppose there will be winners and losers because of failsafe mechanisms, just like there were winners/losers before these mechanisms were implemented.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You have a problem with the failsafes because they interfere with the free market even though they could be responsible for you keeping your job when one of these corrections gets out of hand and spirals into a crash? Interesting...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dow's back down 666 points, second time today I saw it sitting at that magic number...

Kind of makes me wonder if the players don't want to leave their money on the table overnight or something....

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Feds let it out that they will probably continue the free money for the 1% to invest in jobs....oh wait....what do they invest in? Emerging markets.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Down closes at -585. Better than 1000 but still horrible!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

You have a problem with the failsafes because they interfere with the free market even though they could be responsible for you keeping your job when one of these corrections gets out of hand and spirals into a crash? Interesting...

Nope. No problem with fail-safes. Just keeping an open mind that there are winners and losers, with or without a failsafe. I earn my living by adapting to whatever is presented. Opportunity is always present.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Like a yoyo.

I say the Dow closes down 600 today.

I get the booby prize.

close enough.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There are already publicly traded marijuana companies.
Meet The 8 Hottest Publicly Traded Marijuana Companies

they are trading in the OTC market, there is a reason for that...but, go ahead, put your money in it, you'll sleep well, and drink less

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join