It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody noticed the U.S. stock market decline?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just wait for the markets to open this morning. On the news of China's 8.5% crash, I will be surprised if western markets stay stable.

This is what you get with a boom brought on by credit expansion.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Just wait for the markets to open this morning. On the news of China's 8.5% crash, I will be surprised if western markets stay stable.

This is what you get with a boom brought on by credit expansion.

The Dow is already down 500 pts so far. It's going to fall more when it opens here!

Holy crap....It's down 600 now.
edit on 24-8-2015 by texasgirl because: added update

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe US was late in its interest payments to china, yes I been sarcastic, xuenchen in todays markets fixing and electronic control, if our markets fall we will never know.

We are in the age of the Panic Button.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I am glued to Fox Business Network right now. The Dow continues to fall and is now at -705! What's going to happen when the market opens here?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

well the biggest fall of 777pt was 7 years ago right? in one day. is the -705 in one day? or is this since friday?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
China stock market is dropping like a rock it seems and that is in turn causing panic in our own. With all that is going on over there now I don't see it pulling up from the nose dive unless the fudge some numbers. Which just might make things worse anyways.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Maybe not all at once but it will recover. Not too long ago it drooped 300 points and came back next market day.

$100 USD says so. Any takers?

I'll take that bet, if it's still going?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: P3tr4Q
a reply to: texasgirl

well the biggest fall of 777pt was 7 years ago right? in one day. is the -705 in one day? or is this since friday?

One day. The markets just opened here so we will see what happens. But it's spooky, for sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
China stock market is dropping like a rock it seems and that is in turn causing panic in our own. With all that is going on over there now I don't see it pulling up from the nose dive unless the fudge some numbers. Which just might make things worse anyways.

You think so? There are people saying that the weekend may allow for cooler heads to prevail and to stop selling recklessly. They are saying not to focus so much on the start of the day, but where the market closes. So I guess we'll know by the end of the day today if we should worry or not.

Wall Street to open on edge after selloff

But Luschini also believes the Saturday and Sunday break could allow for investors to hit pause on the sell button.

"The weekend is probably a good thing, letting investors catch their breath a little bit, rather than selling first and asking questions later, which seemed to be feeding off itself Friday," says Luschini

"I suspect there are investors looking around over the weekend saying, 'Hey some bargains have been created,' " he says.

Yet, Luschini warns that if Monday opens to steep selling, like triple digits, it will be a long week.

Regardless of what happens early Monday, , Gibbs advises paying attention to where the markets trade at the close.

"Anybody who's been in the market forever know it's the end the of day trading that's more important," says Gibbs. "If we close closer to the top of the trading range for the day, rather than near the lows like on Friday's close, that often is an indicator for the near term that we've exhausted the selling and the market will bounce a little bit."

edit on 24-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: Sorry, forgot my source.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here's a historical list of drops and gains

largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Dow Futures down -850

I bet they shut down the markets soon after opening.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's a historical list of drops and gains

largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average

Market down 852!! Geez...This is like a train wreck; can't take my eyes off it!!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Dow Futures down -850

Have they done that before? I know September 11 closed it and a glitch closed it last month but, I mean, to close down from a free-fall like that?
edit on 24-8-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Dow Futures down -850

Have they done that before? I know September 11 closed it and a glitch closed it last month but, I mean, to close down from a free-fall like that?

Maybe it keeps dropping and a glitch happens?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Dow30 Crashing !!

Nearing down -1000 !!

Watch the Panic !!

Get Your Affairs in Order !!!

edit on Aug-24-2015 by xuenchen because: CRASH !!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow! check out the NASDAQ at open -8.77% !

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: For Truth

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Dow30 Crashing !!

Nearing down -1000 !!

Watch the Panic !!

Get Your Affairs in Order !!!

Breaking news: Hit 1000! Biggest drop EVER for the Dow. That's crazy!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wow new high score...kind of.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join