It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Dude. The warranty is void. The seal is broken. We get it. You don't like black people.

Point blank? OK:

ahh ok so because I have a different opinion, than you , and am arguging the fact that the thug culture and degradation of the family unit in the inner cities is the problem

I MUST hate black people

How very Modlike of you!

yes, i dont agree so I MUST be a racist.

Heads up, im half black and have blackfoot , so take your label and, well, never mind that wouldnt be polite

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

The difference is, "the black community" is not a government-funded body meant to uphold law and order. It's apples and oranges. No matter how out-of-proportion black-on-black violence becomes, they are not a group of government officials being paid to murder and abuse people.

Stand up against crime, sure. But there's no reason, when someone says "BLACK LIVES MATTER" to reply with ANY sentence that begins with "Yes, but..."

Thats a cute line to try and silence the opposition but it doesnt make sense

Black Lives Matter claims:

#BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

They say its not just about the cops

So yes this means they are Hypocritical, thats FROM their website by the way
They are hypocritical in what way, exactly?

Your point of contention was that this doesnt apply because the movement is about the police, NOT about the other things going on

And I just proved you were wrong, their mission statement states exactly the opposite.

So the fact that they are SILENT on these issues, proves they are hypocrites
1. Who says they're silent? (and again, who are "they?)

2. How do you propose "they" deal with black-on-black crime, if their main issue is that they can't trust the police, not only to help "them", but to NOT murder or beat "them"?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

On the contrary, many of you (you specifically) are trying to expand her statements as if she has spoken for all Blacks everywhere.

NO one said that, again deflection

And then you wander off into meaningless BS.

oh like not actually commenting on the substance of the video and deflecting to something else?

You still haven't addressed the point: the point of departure for this thread is one person's opinion. She happens to be Black.

actually the point of the thread is the content of what she said, which you still seem to have a hard time addressing

Hard to understand?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

The problem is the thug culture, point blank

What is/was behind the creation and rise of thug culture? There is more to this story that simply black thugs wanting to kill other thugs.

Do you know what is behind it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Unfortunately, it's not politically correct to agree with her.

She's part of the black community who's getting tired of the ignorance related to black on black violence. The black community in my city experiences the same kind of black on black violence. In the past 4 weeks, 4 young black teenagers have died in my city from drive by shootings done by black teenagers. The shootings and crime in the black community is really getting out of hand.

She's absolutely right when she says before the black community gets any kind of attention related to police brutality, they need to get their own house in order. You can't wave a flag of "Black Lives Matter," when your own community is guilty of shooting these same black lives!

Kudos to this brave mother for having the backbone to speak-up about the hypocrisy in her own black community and the turning a blind eye to the criminals who are responsible for their own fate. She should be concerned about her safety after making this video.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The difference is, "the black community" is not a government-funded body meant to uphold law and order. It's apples and oranges. No matter how out-of-proportion black-on-black violence becomes, they are not a group of government officials being paid to murder and abuse people.

Stand up against crime, sure. But there's no reason, when someone says "BLACK LIVES MATTER" to reply with ANY sentence that begins with "Yes, but..."

#BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

Your point of contention was that this doesnt apply because the movement is about the police, NOT about the other things going on

And I just proved you were wrong, their mission statement states exactly the opposite.

2. How do you propose "they" deal with black-on-black crime, if their main issue is that they can't trust the police, not only to help "them", but to NOT murder or beat "them"?

Well lets see last night they protested the murder of a criminal, when there was an actual victim a little girl that was murdered, and they didnt say a word

Then again, protesting against our own color with a tag like BlackLivesMatter, wouldnt exactly pull the media and political strings that it should now would it?

No no its more expedient to be outraged over a justified killing of a criminal then the shooting of a little girl

Spare me the platitudes, many of us can see through it, including this lady in the vid

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Danke

I missed where this lady was elected as the Supreme Spokeswoman for All Black America.

Can someone provide the link?

Thanks.

Deflection and distraction, typical tactic

What did she say that was not true

Don't feed the ignorant troll, you won't get anywhere.

That's a real quality statement there Danke. It has nothing to do with the topic, nothing to do with anything I've said, and is against T&C ... but you keep demonstrating your superiority over and over.

LOL.

I'll break it down. This lady made a statement, and all of you are jumping on it like she acknowledged some universal truth about the Black community that was heretofore unknown by any but you charming folks.

This is one lady speaking her mind. That is all it proves.

Nothing I said was false. I was stating my opinion, just like that lady was.

Look if you don't care about black lives that is fine, but I do. So please stop with that SJW BS, your faux compassion for black lives is sickening.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The problem is the thug culture, point blank

What is/was behind the creation and rise of thug culture? There is more to this story that simply black thugs wanting to kill other thugs.

Do you know what is behind it?

Why do you care, you said I was wrong, so whats the point and deraililng down another track with you as ive seen over and over is your typical MO in threads like this.

Ignorance is behind it, and the break down of the family unit, thats whats behind it.

Glorification in the media, music, and TV.

its cooler to be a thug than to have a PhD

I know where your going with this, but like I have said, other people of different colors are out there just as poor, many if not more, and they arent doing the same thing.

At some point you have to look inward,

When you insist on being the victim all the time , you put your own chains on and carry the key in your pocket
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The only thing you've done is to point at the video and claim it proves something wide and expansive that fits your agenda.

It doesn't. It proves one woman's opinion.

That's not that hard to get.

Now, copy and paste and desperately try to make it look like you're saying something of substance.

You took one lady's comments, combined it with your opinions to assert in general, that the Black Lives Matter movement is hypocritical.

You refuse to acknowledge what Black Lives Matter actually is. You want to redefine it, find fault with it, etc.

You want to diminish the message any way you can.

That is YOUR goal which is more than obvious.

The lady's comments in the video do NOTHING for your case. She points to a real problem. You want to use it to distract from another problem.

Speaking of distraction ...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well lets see last night they protested the murder of a criminal, when there was an actual victim a little girl that was murdered, and they didnt say a word

Then again, protesting against our own color with a tag like BlackLivesMatter, wouldnt exactly pull the media and political strings that it should now would it?

No no its more expedient to be outraged over a justified killing of a criminal then the shooting of a little girl

Spare me the platitudes, many of us can see through it, including this lady in the vid
Part of the problem that BlackLivesMatter would like to address, as would a decent portion of the country at large, is that it is NOT OK to kill a criminal. We have something called Due Process. Shooting a suspect to death because it's slightly more convenient than tazing/macing/teargassing/cuffing/tackling is NOT OK. We are a civilized country, but we are one of a very small number of civilized countries that allow our police force to shoot to kill.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

I missed where this lady was elected as the Supreme Spokeswoman for All Black America.

Can someone provide the link?

Thanks.

Deflection and distraction, typical tactic

What did she say that was not true

Don't feed the ignorant troll, you won't get anywhere.

That's a real quality statement there Danke. It has nothing to do with the topic, nothing to do with anything I've said, and is against T&C ... but you keep demonstrating your superiority over and over.

LOL.

I'll break it down. This lady made a statement, and all of you are jumping on it like she acknowledged some universal truth about the Black community that was heretofore unknown by any but you charming folks.

This is one lady speaking her mind. That is all it proves.

This is why I have said all along that blm needs to change their model. Cops shooting minorities is an issue yes. But if the cops woke up tomorrow and magically did a 180, and there is no change in the communities as well, not only will black lives still not matter if the overall problem is the killing of black people. But in a short amount of time the problem with cops would be back at square one.there has to be a change internally and externally or there won't be a solution. Black lives matter great, agree. Then get a working model to address the issue or change the name to black lives matter if police are taking those lives. That's reality

link   

Rhetoric, still waiting for you to comment on the video

What did she say that was not true.

link   
Why can't people look at both of these problems separately?

Unlike disproportionate sentencing, police brutality is not solely a problem in black communities.
Brutality, militarization, policing for profit are problems across the country.
If you believe "black brutality" is a problem, that in no way disproves the problems we have with police corruption.

If you're talking about police brutality or falsifying police reports, "what about black brutality" is a ludicrous argument.

If you're talking about disproportionate sentencing for African Americans, " all lives matter" is disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

Unlike disproportionate sentencing, police brutality is not solely a problem in black communities.
If you believe "black brutality" is a problem, that in no way disproves the problems we have with police corruption.

If you're talking about police brutality or falsifying police reports, "what about black brutality" is a ludicrous argument.

If you're talking about disproportionate sentencing for African Americans, " all lives matter" is disingenuous.

Exactly, all of those things need to stop period, across the board. The system needs an enema

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why do you care, you said I was wrong, so whats the point and deraililng down another track with you as ive seen over and over is your typical MO in threads like this.

I've made no comment directed towards you in this thread whatsoever. I'd like to talk about the root of the issue and that is derailing?

Settle down man.

Ignorance is behind it, and the break down of the family unit, thats whats behind it.

Glorification in the media, music, and TV.

its cooler to be a thug than to have a PhD

That's part of the issue, but there is more to it than that.

I know where your going with this, but like I have said, other people of different colors are out there just as poor, many if not more, and they arent doing the same thing

I believe being poor has very little to do with it. It is my opinion that the police and how they have treated black populations around this country in the past, and currently, have also played a role in the creation of the thug culture.

"F the police" and similar mantras did not just pop out from nowhere. How police treat(ed) people in those communities is a factor.

Now relax and address the issue.
edit on 21-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

The reason why is because of the BLM movement. They are making it out to be something that is a racial issue rather than a police brutality issue. They are focusing on protesting for criminals instead of little kids because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Who knows, maybe the whole BLM movement was started to keep everyone divided so nothing would actually get done.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Rhetoric, still waiting for you to comment on the video

What did she say that was not true.

What did she say that supports your thesis that the Black Lives Matter movement is hypocritical?

That is your claim.

I did not claim that anything she said was untrue, I said it was one person's opinion.

My claim is obvious.

Your turn.
edit on 17Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:37:41 -050015p052015866 by Gryphon66 because: ?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

govtslaves.info...
Hubbard then references the case of a 9-year-old girl who was killed in Ferguson during a drive-by shooting, news of which emerged at around the same time. “Last night, who do you think they protested for?” asks Hubbard. “The thug, the criminal, because they’re hollering police brutality, are you f**king kidding me? Police brutality? How about black brutality?” “You black people, my black people, you are the f**king most violent motherf**kers I have ever seen in my life!” she continues.

I wish I could shake her hand and hug the hell out of her.
Yes.

It's about time people stopped being so outraged over someone being treated badly when in my opinion, if they have killed a little girl... they have no human rights.
edit on 8/214221/1515 by Rikora because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Discuss the topic...and not each other......You are responsible for your own posts.

Please discuss the topic....and not argue with each other....Community Announcement re: Decorum

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

ETA
and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Fri Aug 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I believe being poor has very little to do with it. It is my opinion that the police and how they have treated black populations around this country in the past, and currently, have also played a role in the creation of the thug culture.

You mean the police that go into these neighborhoods that have for over 50yrs glorified the killing of police officers?

And its THEIR fault they are a little touchy?

Listen like ive said, I am black, ive lived in neighborhoods much like that, and if you arent thuging and acting a fool then most of the time you dont have an issue

yes there is a problem with over bearing police , but thats EVERYWHERE

As I stated before, These are the same communities that glorify popping a cap in a police officer and indeed are known to do so, and then they are pissed off because they are sometimes hostile?

Listen if I punch you in the testicles, and you cuss at me, and then I yell "Look how abusive he is with his language, look how mean he is to me" thats the same logic being played out

I can tell you right now as a black man that YES , thug culture and the loss of the family unit and that moral fiber is the main reason.

My family grew up poor , I had plenty of opportunity to fall in with a bad crowd, they were all around me, but I had a mother and father that loved me and worked hard to instill in me responsibility, kindness, and a sense of right and wrong.

Therefore I did not fall into those traps out there, and neither did I have the trouble that many of those that grew up around me did.

I also, strangely enough didnt find myself locked up.

You cant tell me thats not what it is, because it was those values alone that kept me from being one of those thug gang bangers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join