It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree with that and have wanted to bring that point up more than once browsing through threads of this sort of topic, if one doesn't live in the chaos then they have no room to talk. I wish the political "leadership" in the country had a backbone of titanium like this woman has.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I can agree with her, but are really willing to be honest on the topic and discuss what has caused the black community to become the way it has become?

It's easy to say "what about black brutality?" an still fail to address the underlying issues at the root of the problem.

The police and the way black people have been treated in the country must be part of that discussion. If not, it's pointless.

Yes the glorification of thug culture and victim mentality that has been allowed to propser and progress through so many

The degradation of the moral fiber and family unit in those communities.

Thats the reason

Poor white people in their ghettos dont have the same crime rates and killings as blacks do and thats statistical fact

Native Americans many of which still live on reservations in horrible conditions, arent killing each other whole sale

And trust me they have it bad

So then that begs to question, is it everyone else thats the problem? or is it those who perpetuate the victim mentality and the glorification of being a thug.

Again Many Native American tribes have it worse off then black peopel in ghettos and they arent out doing drive byes every single night.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That is good old fashioned, school of hard knocks motherly love. I don't care what color you are. That woman should be running boot camps for women on the topic of being one. Sad truth is as more men blow off the responsibilities of being fathers the saving grace will be women like this.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I missed where this lady was elected as the Supreme Spokeswoman for All Black America.

Can someone provide the link?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Sad thing is, most people feel the way she does, and a lot of black people do too. The reason you don't hear from them though is because they are scared to get called racist, or to be labeled a coon, honkey, or any other discriminating term that you do get called when you voice those opinions.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I missed where this lady was elected as the Supreme Spokeswoman for All Black America.

Thanks.

Deflection and distraction, typical tactic

What did she say that was not true

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

Thanks.

Don't feed the ignorant troll, you won't get anywhere.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The difference is, "the black community" is not a government-funded body meant to uphold law and order. It's apples and oranges. No matter how out-of-proportion black-on-black violence becomes, they are not a group of government officials being paid to murder and abuse people.

Stand up against crime, sure. But there's no reason, when someone says "BLACK LIVES MATTER" to reply with ANY sentence that begins with "Yes, but..."
edit on 21-8-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Thanks.

Don't think she was. She was expressing her opinion in a public forum on how she sees problems and she raises her child. Your choice to agree or disagree. Who elected any of the morons in the media to be spokes people for all black America, all white America, all women, etc? No one.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thanks.

You must be thinking of another thread because she never stated it, I never suggested it and no one in the thread shouted "I voted for her"

She is however, exercising her free speech or what little is left. And as a black woman living in her community has a right to say whatever she wants about black people.

Don't forget that you still have the same rights for a little while longer.

IMO.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Native Americans many of which still live on reservations in horrible conditions, arent killing each other whole sale

No. They are nice about the plight of minorities in America. They just kill themselves. Look at the suicide rates(I can provide if you don't believe).

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
The difference is, "the black community" is not a government-funded body meant to uphold law and order. It's apples and oranges. No matter how out-of-proportion black-on-black violence becomes, they are not a group of government officials being paid to murder and abuse people.

Stand up against crime, sure. But there's no reason, when someone says "BLACK LIVES MATTER" to reply with ANY sentence that begins with "Yes, but..."

Thats a cute line to try and silence the opposition but it doesnt make sense

Black Lives Matter claims:

#BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

They say its not just about the cops

So yes this means they are Hypocritical, thats FROM their website by the way

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thanks.

She expressed her opinion, which I respect.

That is one opinion of millions, that of course, many of you leap on as some sort of "universal truth" and best of all "a black lady said it"!

Deflection from what? Eh? Distraction from what? I asked a question.

Oh wait, sorry, you're just repeating things you've heard others say ... you aren't actually seriously arguing a point.

Nevermind.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No. They are nice about the plight of minorities in America. They just kill themselves. Look at the suicide rates(I can provide if you don't believe).

Suicide rates compared the the mass internal genocide that the black community is committing on itself with its thug culture?

Sure I would LOVE to see the numbers on that to see if per capita it even comes close.

The problem is the thug culture, point blank

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

and I see you arent going to answer mine, speaking of being serious

You saying "does she represent everyone" , means jack, it doesnt take away from the truth of it.

Saying the "sky is blue" isnt a revelation , neither is it a point to debate.

Now if you want to debate the CONTENT of what she said, I would be glad to

Otherwise, take your snark somewhere else

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

#BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

They are hypocritical in what way, exactly?

ETA: Also, who is "they?" BlackLivesMatter isn't a single organization...
edit on 21-8-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Thanks.

Don't feed the ignorant troll, you won't get anywhere.

That's a real quality statement there Danke. It has nothing to do with the topic, nothing to do with anything I've said, and is against T&C ... but you keep demonstrating your superiority over and over.

LOL.

I'll break it down. This lady made a statement, and all of you are jumping on it like she acknowledged some universal truth about the Black community that was heretofore unknown by any but you charming folks.

This is one lady speaking her mind. That is all it proves.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Dude. The warranty is void. The seal is broken. We get it. You don't like black people.

Point blank? OK:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They are hypocritical in what way, exactly?

Your point of contention was that this doesnt apply because the movement is about the police, NOT about the other things going on

And I just proved you were wrong, their mission statement states exactly the opposite.

So the fact that they are SILENT on these issues, proves they are hypocrites

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

On the contrary, many of you (you specifically) are trying to expand her statements as if she has spoken for all Blacks everywhere.

And then you wander off into meaningless BS.

Thanks for your kind suggestion, but I'll say what I wish under the terms and conditions of the site, so ...

You still haven't addressed the point: the point of departure for this thread is one person's opinion. She happens to be Black.

That doesn't prove that all your suppositions are correct.

Is that really hard to understand???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join