It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism Is Far Left, Not Far Right on Political Spectrum

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
But you could think that is letting him off easy. Maybe some one needs his kidneys. or will next year.

Wait, you talk about letting him off like that is a collective choice. The family or families of the victim(s) would have the final say.

Most importantly, in AC there would be a good paying, stable economy and not much crime.

Serial killers don't kill for the money.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Semicollegiate

C'mon AC and a serial killer. The most likely local solution would be a hanging.

Well yeah, that's a given.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
And I should admit that the answer could be construed as a bit of a dodge too but, that is what makes the simplicity of small government so attractive, most central problems disappear from the official concerns of "the state", that is, the national government.

Didn't take it that way at all. I do think the notion is a tad romanticized.

The problems don't disappear, they just shift.

Pretty soon your complaining about those yahoos at the state capitol.

Which is a much preferable circumstance for everyone and, you can leave to a better state while remaining in the union.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

Even if that was the case you still can't predict what your state would do in the near future.

Yes, I am relying on migration as the mechanism for rewarding/punishing state and local policy.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
But you could think that is letting him off easy. Maybe some one needs his kidneys. or will next year.

Wait, you talk about letting him off like that is a collective choice. The family or families of the victim(s) would have the final say.

Most importantly, in AC there would be a good paying, stable economy and not much crime.

Serial killers don't kill for the money.

Serial killers haven't been stopped by statism either so, I think it is too high a bar for the purposes of this discussion.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I wonder about education in AC. If it is not mandatory you would have uneducated and illiterate people around that possibly will not contribute to society and would hinder progress.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I guess vigilante justice is allowed in AC?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I was talking from the perspective of victim.

I don't know why killers kill. Everybody has self control.

The victim should get as much real restitution as possible.

Many details depend on the situation. Reason is the guide.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I wonder about education in AC. If it is not mandatory you would have uneducated and illiterate people around that possibly will not contribute to society and would hinder progress.

The public school system at the federal level, the DOE, didn't exist until the 70s and our literacy has dropped since its inception.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I guess vigilante justice is allowed in AC?

It's allowed now if you choose to defend yourself.

Or, you could let yourself be robbed and killed. I'm sure they will catch the guy.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No that is not what it means.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No that is not what it means.

If you mean going out and committing a premeditated murder, you would be the criminal if non-violent means were available to bring the suspect to justice.

But, if a criminal threatens your life or property, you can defend yourself with deadly force.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Education will probably improve. There will be a greater variety of computer/media/tutoring instruction instead of One teacher 30 desk potatoes.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If you mean going out and committing a premeditated murder, you would be the criminal if non-violent means were available to bring the suspect to justice.

As Semicollegiate have stated it is up to the victims. A victim can hire a band of vigilantes to hunt and capture and possibly kill the suspect, whether or not he or she is innocent or gulity.

But, if a criminal threatens your life or property, you can defend yourself with deadly force.

Of course we know that. That's a given. Why even talk about that? That is true for ANY society.
edit on 8/28/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You just think it is.

This isn't the minarchist ideal that we are talking about. This is a full on state government.

It wouldn't be like the original 13 states.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You just think it is.

This isn't the minarchist ideal that we are talking about. This is a full on state government.

It wouldn't be like the original 13 states.

So, maybe everyone would move to New Hampshire?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Serial killers haven't been stopped by statism either so, I think it is too high a bar for the purposes of this discussion.

The question wasn't about avoiding the crimes but what happens to the killer.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

As Semicollegiate have stated it is up to the victims. A victim can hire a band of vigilantes to hunt and capture and possibly kill the suspect, whether or not he or she is innocent or gulity.

Of course we know that. That's a given. Why even talk about that? That is true for ANY society.

A posse wouldn't be a bunch of hunter killer assassins and I can't imagine them being more uncontrollable than state police.

That's assuming you've got yourself a runner in which case, this isn't the 1800s and we have the technology to track down just about anyone.

The state isn't the only user of the distributed surveillance network.

Indeed, the surveillance state may actually be a blessing in disguise as government increasingly makes itself irrelevant.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So, maybe everyone would move to New Hampshire?

You can try but if they elect Trump governor he might build a wall.

Seriously, balkanization is a real possibility.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The question wasn't about avoiding the crimes but what happens to the killer.

Sorry, it didn't occur to me that a caught killer would be a problem.

I wouldn't advocate parting him out or anything but, everyone has an off switch.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join