It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism Is Far Left, Not Far Right on Political Spectrum

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

We're wasting our time you and I.

Your entire presentation is riddled with outright ignorance, willful deception and stupefying nonsense. I realize you think the same about what I say. There's simply no where to go from here.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Liberals and Progressives, of course.

Perhaps you should read those numbers again.
edit on 21Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:20:05 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

Why?
What is the point?
This country is a mess. "Definitions" have very little to do with anything going on.

You tried to make it look like Leftists are Fascists, which is clearly not true.
Again - education. Get some.

But the topic is about where Fascism fits into the political spectrum.

We are not discussing any U.S. failures.

A genuine rebuttal would be appreciated.

I think you got jilted beyond belief.

With all your wisdom, you should be able to discuss.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
Henry Louis Menken's Last Interview

Cool, thanks for the link!

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..."

-H.L. Mencken

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Why don't you burn the books, Xuenchen?

That, at least, has an actual historical precedent on the Right.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

fabulous !!

you moved the goalposts beyond the endzone.

love it

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's an attempt at debunking from the radical far right who don't like what people become when they move further right.

When someone moves just a little bit further right than the TEA Party, they become National Front Nationalists, similar to Fascists.

The TEA Party isn't very far from becoming the American National Front. Widespread support for anti immigrant rhetoric from people like Donald Trump is an indication that the far right is about to get even further right.

By the time immigrants are being rounded up and put into camps, along with gays, people on welfare, and anyone else who disagrees with the establishment, it will be way too late to turn back, and it will be a very sad day for America.

In Germany after the war, most Germans said that they never saw the rise of the Nationalist NAZI party coming, because the leaders of the Nationalist movement very skilfully changed public opinion ever so slightly, and when it was too late to turn back, no one could do anything about it.

Replace "Jew" with "Muslim" or "Immigrant" and you have the modern day NAZI Germany in the United States.

I weep for Americans that think this isn't happening to the United States, or could never happen in the USA.

link   

A genuine rebuttal would be appreciated.

I think you got jilted beyond belief.

With all your wisdom, you should be able to discuss.

Sorry.

Another load of crap.

I didn't get "jilted".
My problem with your OP is that you are twisting the truth.
I can discuss it until the cows come home, but you have already made up your mind that "the left" is the enemy. And it's very obvious that if anyone shows you how mistaken you are, you will simply "attack them."

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Greven

fabulous !!

you moved the goalposts beyond the endzone.

love it

The only goalposts moved were by your own ignorance.

You simply fail to understand that the 2009 budget is created by the 2008 government, the 2001 budget created by the 2000 government, and so on.

Here, let me help your ignorance:
2001 United States federal budget

The United States Federal Budget for Fiscal Year 2001, was a spending request by President Bill Clinton to fund government operations for October 2000-September 2001.

Yet, the chart you used includes the 2001 budget under Bush, because it was created by a complete moron - or someone who thought his readers were complete morons.

The 2009 budget was slightly less clear about this, though - 2009 United States federal budget

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution written and submitted by the 110th Congress to be forwarded to the President was approved by the House on June 5, 2008. The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began.

This is a pretty exceptional thing to have happened.
edit on 21Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:27:29 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

All government is Leftist?

Wow you could have saved a lot of screen-time if you'd just said that up front.

You're nuts.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

you should study those references in the wiki page.

then you can consider burning them.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

The fact that you genuinely think that any political system can be analyzed on a one-dimensional scale confirms everything I've suspected about you.

Your ideas about politics are either ignorant or stupid. I don't care which you pick.

Did I say that?

I don't think I ever did. I did say that this is the left/right axis.

Just because you want to think this is the only one so that you can stroke your ego and think I only see a single possible axis to confirm your own notions about my intellect or lack thereof says as much about you as anything else.

My god you don't understand what an "axis" is with only two ends.

It's a line.

Mathematically and analytically speaking, that's one-dimensional.

I would like revise my summation of your status to ignorant.

ETA: Most simplistic visual aid I can locate:

edit on 21Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:38:56 -050015p092015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Then, according to you, Fascism can't be on the right, because the right does not exist.

Therefore it must be on the Left.

No, according to you.

Based on:

My definition of the Right.

Social behavior that respects the rights of others. Anarcho-Capitalism.

You said the right doesn't exist.

No, it's just a concept and isn't implemented in any country.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The antecedent it being the right.

Therefore Fascism must be on the Left.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

Self-education is the only education because it never stops.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."

-Albert Einstein

LOTS of people who have educations (college or advanced degrees) continue their education. It's actually required that they do so, in order to keep their credentials. It's called "continuing education."

But on that note - yes, a person who has been taught HOW TO LEARN, and to think CRITICALLY about what they are seeing/reading has a better chance of not being 'indoctrinated'. A high school drop-out who KNOWS HOW TO do research, and use the internet to keep up with the current knowledge is educated - educated to NOT fall for the crap from the MSM.

I agree, I also want to have a beer with Thich Nhat Hanh, I thought he passed away recently when you posted that thread when he was ill but, he might still be around!

I will, of course, have some political differences with him but, I think I could help him see what economics is.

Care to join me?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You said the right doesn't exist.

I meant that nothing exists that fits your definition of right.

Therefore Fascism must be on the Left.

Like I said, yes, according to your definitions.

Like Gryphon66 posted above, why waste time discussing left and right when your definition is AC=Right and everything else=left.
edit on 25-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

you should study those references in the wiki page.

then you can consider burning them.

I have read some of them. I'm not afraid of "books" ... as you seem to be.

I know that actual education and learning is a great mystery to you, and that scares you ... so run along now back to the simplistic world of your made-up charts and all that bad nasty reality will just fade away ...

Maybe put on one of Glenn Beck's audiobooks or something ...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Its a left issue because of the government involvement.

Do elaborate.

Which states were resisting the recognition of marriage, again?

I seem to recall them being Republican states... and if Republicans are on the Right, then wouldn't they be resisting legal recognition of gay/lesbian marriages?

Republicans are on the Left since Eisenhower or Goldwater.

Republican are relatively right, at least rhetorically, but the party has never undone a Leftist Institution. Or even tried very hard.

Reps are Dems and Dems are Commies.

William F. Buckley, the Republican, promulgated a totalitarian bureaucracy as necessary to fight the cold war. That makes the Republican Party Wilsonian Democrats.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I agree, I also want to have a beer with Thich Nhat Hanh

I'd love to have a drink with him, too. Sure, I'll join you!!

I thought he passed away recently when you posted that thread when he was ill

I never posted any such thread. Ever.

Anyway - moving on....I'd LOVE to have a beer with him....

.............but, but.....NOT to show him how wrong he is.

To show you how mistaken some people (including possibly yourself) actually are. And it has nothing at all to do with "economics." It has to do with cooperation, and peace of mind.

It has to do with people relaxing and working together to achieve a 'greater good.' Oh, and education.

But, whatever. Think what you want.

edit on 8/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I'd love to have a drink with him, too. Sure, I'll join you!!

.............but, but.....NOT to show him how wrong he is.

To show you how mistaken some people (including possibly yourself) actually are. And it has nothing at all to do with "economics." It has to do with cooperation, and peace of mind.

It has to do with people relaxing and working together to achieve a 'greater good.'

But, whatever. Think what you want.

I never argue with intent, you are right that we all want what is best, whatever that is.

No promises but, if I get an audience you're insies.

edit on 25-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

This thread.

lolz

It's been an interesting read, to be sure.

But left boot or right, it doesn't matter when it's on your throat.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join