It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macedonia migrants: Hundreds rush border forces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Hundreds of migrants have rushed at Macedonian border forces in an attempt to enter the country from Greece.
The security forces beat back the migrants with truncheons and riot shields. A number of people were injured.
On Thursday, Macedonia declared a state of emergency to cope with migrants - many from the Middle East - who are trying to reach northern EU states.
The UN urged both Greece and Macedonia to tackle a "deteriorating situation".
'Vulnerable categories'
Some 44,000 people have reportedly travelled through Macedonia in the past two months, meeting little border resistance, but razor wire has now been rolled across the frontier to prevent people from entering.

Macedonia migrants: Hundreds rush border forces

It appears that the Macedonian Border Force are really struggling to contain the rush of migrants looking to move into Northern Europe.

The number of migrants moving into Europe through Greece has increased significantly this year, yet the rest of Europe appear to simply close their eyes and cover their ears at the Greeks request for help with this.

In fact the German Interior Minister has claimed that the current open borders policy may have to be suspended as a consequence of the numbers trying to get to Northern Europe.

It has been suggested that the current refugee crisis in Europe is the worst it has been since WWII. Most refugees are coming from conflict areas such as Syria and Libya, countries that have been thrown into chaos due to the West's meddling, yet they are reluctant to assist with the refugee crisis.

Unless things are addressed quickly and with the financial mess that currently exists in Greece, we could be heading for a major humantarian crisis, all in the name of war and ensuring that the financial backers get richer.

Sickening.

edit on 21/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One of the main things that worries me are pandemics, its so easy for one to start and spread like wild fire, also im sure other groups have been thinking about starting one, we are so PC that we would not stop the spread of it all over Europe. If we made all of Europe "unfriendly" to immigrants by putting them in interment camps and not letting them run free we would have a hope

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

The E.U need to do a lot more than they are currently doing. I agree that camps should be set up and humanitarian aid given to these poor people. They then need to agree the numbers each member should take in, with representatives from each member deciding on the legitimacy of each case.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
One of the main things that worries me are pandemics, its so easy for one to start and spread like wild fire, also im sure other groups have been thinking about starting one, we are so PC that we would not stop the spread of it all over Europe. If we made all of Europe "unfriendly" to immigrants by putting them in interment camps and not letting them run free we would have a hope

Yah, why not intern them, after all we bombed their countries to chaos and they are fleeing directly from the ME and Africa (through Libya), drowning in droves in the Mediterranean.

How about a little blowback NATO / EU countries?

You destroyed their world and you can't show them a little hospitality for the ones that make it? May you never depend on others because some air force bombed you home out of existence.

Images (graphic)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It just makes me sad.
I agree it will continue to get worse but I would do the same If I was in their boat live in a war torn place or try to get somewhere safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's not just Greece and Macedonia facing large numbers of people seeking asylum in Europe.
Great Britain and France are dealing with large masses of people at Calais.
And Italy is also a destination for these immigrants.
The Greek Island of Kos has also seen a huge influx of immigrants.
Seems to be the entire Mediterranean region.

edit on Fri Aug 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, let's change the international conventions on refugees and allow any asylum seeker to choose which safe country they wish to live in.
Of course this would require agreement in the UN as it is a world issue. Once that is completed go ask the asylum seekers how many would like to live in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand as well. The overwhelming majority second language for these folk is English, so yeah, lets give asylum seekers the right to choose their safe nation.

Greece is a safe nation, but that isn't good enough for these folks so they storm borders, and attempt illegal entry while refusing to claim asylum in a nation where they are no longer fleeing oppression.
If all the English language speaking nations of the world agree to accepting asylum seekers from safe countries then maybe I'd support such a scheme for the UK.

I guess you had petition your MP or whatever to get this issue raised in the UN.
Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, why not intern them, after all we bombed their countries to chaos and they are fleeing directly from the ME and Africa (through Libya), drowning in droves in the Mediterranean.

You destroyed their world and you can't show them a little hospitality for the ones that make it? May you never depend on others because some air force bombed you home out of existence.

Images (graphic)

Its not something I like to think about, but you should read what a pandemic can do

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

They are in a safe nation BM, it is called Greece!
They just want to choose which particular safe nation they claim asylum in.
International conventions on refugees require them to claim asylum at the first safe nation.
They refuse to, and wish to enter their preferred safe country of choice illegally.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Images (graphic)

Its not something I like to think about, but you should read what a pandemic can do

The refugees aren't a disease, are they?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Really? We should just allow Greece to shoulder the burden on this issue? The same country that has had swingeing austerity measures thrust upon them? They simply cannot afford to tackle the issue alone.

I suggested that every member of he E.U, including the U.K should take in an agreed number of refugees, I didn't say all of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Why just the EU?
How about the US and other English speaking nations as well?
If you are making the case that refugees should be able to choose whichever safe country they wish to claim asylum in when they are already in a safe nation then it is a world issue.
"Hi, welcome to safe Greece, please just fill this form out with your preferred safe nation and we shall arrange a flight for you."

I can tell you one thing though, it will be a majority of English speaking nations these folk will choose.

(post by grainofsand removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

People have a funny way of protecting privileges.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No they are not, but mass mitigation is the main way of spreading pandemics, and stop trying to manipulate the truth to suit your childish behavior

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The E.U need to do a lot more than they are currently doing. I agree that camps should be set up and humanitarian aid given to these poor people. They then need to agree the numbers each member should take in, with representatives from each member deciding on the legitimacy of each case.

What about the rich ME countries taking them.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I know it's fecked up, I can completely understand anyone wanting to come to the UK I mean it isn't that they get an easy time it's because they want their kids to be British!, who wouldn't want that?
I have not the brains to figure the solutions out but I just feel for people who just want a better future for there kids to be treated fairly.
I can't wait for Star Trek times when stuff like this will be a thing of the past.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah totes. The middle east was a model of freedom and opportunity along with equality for women before "we" bombed them.

ISIS killing and raping people in their own countries is obviously the solution to their problems.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Yup I would GTFO as well.
Maybe we should be doing more ridding the earth of those scumbags?.
Offer them a deal.
One on one us lot v them.
I would rip em a new bum hole.

Just a bit annoyed I saw someone laughing at a video of people being killed by them at work.
An SU sat right next to them....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh look...pictures of crying children. Yeah it sucks but when you cant support yourself its crueler to take them on and also make your own people starve. SOmeone needs to teach them that you cannot choose which country to get asylum if you are already in a country thats been deemed safe.

You think the People would learn using children to get your way is a low dirty tactic. just look at the palestinians for a good example. ANd the israelis too.

I have a solution. take the children,(no teens) and raise them as their own,then in exchange the adults an teens go back to fight for their lands. in exchange also they give up all rights to those children. So either take th e deal or take your butts back home because you are a drain on their society.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join