It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocked from Whitehouse.gov Petitions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So months ago I apparently signed a petition to pardon Edward Snowden. About a week ago I got Obama's response statement, basically saying that Snowden needs to face the consequences. Afterwards it asked "How do you feel about this response?"

I wrote something to the effect of "I thought Obama's stance was protection for whistleblowers. Snowden didn't compromise anyone's safety, he brought to light the unconstitutional actions of the government. Your site's a joke, it gives people the illusion that they have a voice. This isn't the first petition I've seen on here that reached the required number of signatures only to be blown off."

So...yesterday I tried to log on. It said my password was incorrect (even though it was saved on my computer's keychain). I tried my other e-mail. That didn't work either. Multiple times I clicked on the 'forgot password' button and each time it told me that instructions would be sent to my e-mail. I've checked both e-mails- even the spam folder- and NOTHING.

So, ATS:
Do you think I've been blocked because of my response? Am I on the Red List now?

Or do you think they just have crappy software?
edit on 21-8-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: grammar correction

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If they can ban you from that because of something so petty, then what is that website good for anyway?

Apparently absolutely nothing...

-Alee

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Right! What happened to the First Amendment? I can't say I'm banned. It's not like I got a 'You are banned' notice. But clearly multiple attempts to use my 2 known e-mails to log on have failed.

I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Blocked or crappy malfunctioning software on their part?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

If I was really motivated I guess I could create a new e-mail and create an account with that.

I have better things to do though.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sounds like you've been I.D.'d and marked and flagged.

I have heard of this before.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Star for signing a petition to pardon Edward Snowden

I guess your voice got suppressed, like many others who speak their mind.
They can probably claim that your opinion about the site, being a joke, makes you hostile to the aim of the site lol.
Which in effect proves it really is a joke

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
OMG! Here's this though:
Petition to release Kanye West's new album

First of all: someone started a petition on WHITE HOUSE.GOV for President Obama to make Kanye West release his new album.
Second of all: More than 100,000 people signed it!
Third of all: In violation of their own promise (to address any petition that gets 100,000 signatures) the white house just trashed it. All they had to do was issue a statement "We appreciate your interest in this matter, unfortunately this is one of those things we have no control over."

Last of all: Over 100,000 people signed THAT??!!!???

Oy vey.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Right, I called it a joke. But other than that the rest of my response was intelligent and factual. It's not like I went on some crazy, curse word filled tirade.

And you're right, if I really did get blocked for that it just proves my point. It is a joke.

America: Freedom to hold your own views. As long as your views conform to ours.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Obama needs to cough up his Nobel Peace Prize and give it to Snowden.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i do hope there is some more rational explanation or something.
If not, frankly this is a clear sign of what this whole democracy thing is and how important your voice REALLY is.
do a scan with spybot, malwarebytes, avg, clean cookies and offline web data just to be sure, before you go rogue

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Should we start a petition that would have Obama tell Kanye to stay out of the media? Because I would like that.... Who am I to care that our Government has better more serious issues to worry about..?

-Alee

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You're not 'banned', you're just no longer 'acknowledgeable' , lol.

Persona non grata is an infinite loop.

You thought they would welcome a different opinion than their own?

Be glad you don't think like them.
edit on 21-8-2015 by intrptr because: change and additional

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Good for you for speaking your mind. Too bad they were so petty. I hope that's not enough to get on a watch list.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Update:
Well I broke down and created a new e-mail address and tried to create a new account with that.

Still nothing.

So....either they've blocked my entire IP address....or they have really crappy software that doesn't function properly.

I'm 50/50 on which one it is.

If it's the first one, I guess I'm lucky they didn't remotely crash my computer or something! Lol!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh I'm sure I'm already on a watch list. They can watch away, I've got nothing to hide.

Of course that was my stance when I worked for DPD. Even though I had really done nothing wrong, they took something minor and twisted it to be way worse than it was. If they want to come after you they will find a way. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

But I'm not going to let that intimidate me. They can suck it.

DPD Thread

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Right! What happened to the First Amendment? I can't say I'm banned. It's not like I got a 'You are banned' notice. But clearly multiple attempts to use my 2 known e-mails to log on have failed.

I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm just curious.

Blocked or crappy malfunctioning software on their part?

1st amendment? What time warp are you in?

The moment the Patriot/Freedom Act was signed into legislation, personal rights were flushed down the toilet. You need to be a corporation to have any stand. Why should to government adhere to the Bill of Rights or Constitution? They can do whatever they want, scott free, now that they have blanket surveillance of every warm body on the planet. Anyone looking to "subvert" the status quo or ruling body, will be blackmailed and disappear into the great unknown. Don't even think about starting a peaceful revolution. Now that America is officially occupied by their own standing army, you don't stand a chance.

Welcome to the Digital Error. (Yes, error)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Right! They are wiping their bums with the Bill of Rights and going "Bwah ha ha ha!"

I just hope there's a special place in hell waiting for them.

Update: I've got a friend that's going to try to get on there. Totally separate IP address. I will let y'all know how it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Have you considered the possibility that the US government is actually evil, in the Biblical sense?

* It seems to participate in just about every war possible.

* Performs unethical medical experiments on the disadvantaged.

* Harbours (and financially bails out) the biggest corporate fraudsters.

* Funds torture and illegal imprisonment without trial, seeking loopholes in existing law to do so.

* Surveils their own citizenry in contravention of law.

* Applies the title of "terrorist" to those who have not, and will not ever be involved in acts of terror. Then prosecutes them, sometimes without trial.

* Can be accused of mounting "false flag"operations causing death and injury to its own citizens.

I could go on.

top topics

join