It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another thread about Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I did a search and found no less than 10 pages here about drone tech but could not decide which one this would fit into so decided to post this as stand alone.
I watched a documentary on CBC television's "Doc Zone" about drone technology.
(Link) www.cbc.ca...
I found this 45 minute documentary very informative and some times frightening as it depicted the current state of the art drones and some of their applications. For instance there are drones that can fly higher than commercial aircraft and still photograph you in amazing detail. They can also track you throughout the day over a 40 square mile area. There is also anti drone tech such as a designer has built one that can hijack another drone and cause your drone (zombie drone) to follow it back to it's base.

Watching this documentary caused me to think about how we on the ground can protect ourselves from unwanted intrusion by these flying cameras. I thought that some one could possibly design an electronic screen that would cover your backyard or other area that would disrupt their ability to collect digital images under the screen. Perhaps they could design a holographic image (ala James Bond)that could be the image the drone sees.
Any other thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

That is a great, yet terribly expensive idea. I think the cheaper route would be to create a one way screen that has a picture on one side and lets light through. Would make it terribly difficult to get reliable images.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Education my friend is what is needed , The public needs to stop thinking "DRONES" we hobbyist's fly are even related to "DRONES" the military have..Our camera's cannot..you know what? just watch the video, I personally get tired of explaining this to people...

If you really want to see how anyone can spy on you, click this link..
www.google.com...
edit on 21-8-2015 by baddmove because: added words

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's a little tid bit to help with that education thing...

petapixel.com...

new topics

top topics

join