It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: jude11

This is basically just over propaganda broadcasting. Those are definitely a lot of loudspeakers, but how far into North Korea could the sound get?

Apparently up to 12 km during the day and up to 20 km at night.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99

Maybe The south should just resort to potato guns with a message in the middle saying "Your leader sucks, He randomly kills and maims our soldiers."

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
China has been remarkably quiet about this.
I think everyone is in watch and see what happens mode until after the deadline.
I went and read around a little on what China's stance seems to be with North Korea,
and it is an interesting situation. China supports economic SK while sending aid to NK.

Now that China has undergone a military and economic modernization they don't need the "buffer zone" that NK served as for so many years. it seems that the big worry behind closed doors would be NK's nuclear arsenals in the event of a unification through the means of war. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the web, but I would think China would move into NK and occupy the nuclear sites in such an event.

It would be China's big chance to put itself on the world stage as a Super Power,
and flex it's military while taking control of North Korea, and then peacefully handing it to the South Koreans with a bunch of flowers and treaties of peace and prosperity......

Wouldn't that be cool!

However, as I fight back the optimist in me,
realistically, if the North does fire on the South's speakers,
it could get really messy real fast.

I worry about China.
Their recent island building and airstrip in the South China sea..
It makes one wonder,
and it is best to not be caught off guard.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

China released a statement urging both sides to be calm and resolve this peacefully.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: bojimbo

Yeah, I heard until 4 am EST.

9 1/2 hours from now I do believe.

Correct.

Whatever happens will be in our morning.

It will be interesting to wake up to see the outcome.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds about right for China.
I would love to be a fly on a wall behind closed doors right now.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: "on a wall"

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Darkblade71

China released a statement urging both sides to be calm and resolve this peacefully.

China doesn't usually address SK in these issues so much as NK.

Interesting.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

China has urged North Korea and South Korea to de-escalate tensions, as dictator Kim Jong-un declared his front-line troops in a "quasi-state of war" following an exchange of cross-border shelling. Qiu Guohong, China's ambassador to South Korea, called on Pyongyang and Seoul to "exercise restraint" and settle their dispute through dialogue.

"We oppose unilateral provocation from any side", Qui told Yonhap news agency. "We would like the South and the North to autonomously achieve a peaceful reunification of the Korean Peninsula through dialogue and cooperation."

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

I had to go find the statement, also found this interesting little tidbit on the same link.
I guess NK might already be under a cyber attack of some kind.

Meanwhile North Korea suffered two internet outages within 12 hours, monitors said, which could have been the work of hackers, according to internet registry RIPE NCC. "There are a number of possible causes for this kind of outage. We can't rule out a cyberattack. Tensions are running high in the region, and this is the second time in 12 hours that North Korea has been disconnected from the internet," said RIPE systems architect Emile Aben.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I so want that little dicks ass kicked... but not at the expense of
thousands of innocents lives..

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What I don't understand is how you people here are comparing NK shooting 1-2 rounds versus SK shooting about thirty... Soooooo in war...quasi war whatever, are you going to say

Hey! He shot more shots than us! Thats not far!

This is a stupid argument.. This situation is stupid.... It's time for an end of NK... For all the atrocities they committed and continue to do

Sorry to all you apologists out there.

Graffik

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: yuppa

They have what, less than a handful ? And that's really all they have to offer an offensive campaign.

I'm not being rude, or contrary just for the sake of it ; Simply stating the obvious that Japan at this point in time, is not a active military force that could project the required force to "take " Taiwan from China.

I thought this was about North korea? They are more than able to sink the NK navy though. Still you and zap are right about as well of course.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

China just tested its latest ICBM call it a Marcel Marcaux moment
edit on 21-8-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A woman won't stop talking ...ever.
He will go mad. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well IMO, one thing is for sure NK is going to get a mutual agreement/satisfaction. Or spin it as one.

If not, and if SK escalates this to NK's shame, who knows.

Betting on the first hunch. Mutual agreement/satisfaction.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Imhere because: Clarification

edit on 21-8-2015 by Imhere because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder why the US government hasn't decided to go 'FREE' the North Koreans.

were free a lot of nations in the middle east and east Africa...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I wonder why the US government hasn't decided to go 'FREE' the North Koreans.

were free a lot of nations in the middle east and east Africa...

BEcause team america could b e used as a biography film then lol!!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I wonder why the US government hasn't decided to go 'FREE' the North Koreans. were free a lot of nations in the middle east and east Africa...

Because there are no natural resources or anything else worth exploiting

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Can somenone send a thousand litters of pudding to the NK fat boy? he is just being childish...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Unfortunately that childish dictator has the ability to wreak a lot of havoc and damage. I'm hoping that I don't wake up tomorrow morning and read that N&S Korea are going at it. It would be absolutely devastating.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

What I dont get is this, the guy had a western education, he studied in switzerland, before he replaced his father, there was some hopes of him relieving his people and do something actually good and different, but no, he decided to be a dick just like his father and grandad, it gets me mad...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join