It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That doesn't mean they can project power. That just means they can attack land based targets. They're not currently in a position to project power in any significant way.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

She can bolster defenses in a significant way. All their Aegis ships have the latest software and radars and the BMD upgrades, as well as the latest SM-2 and -3 blocks.

link   

They have what, less than a handful ? And that's really all they have to offer an offensive campaign.

I'm not being rude, or contrary just for the sake of it ; Simply stating the obvious that Japan at this point in time, is not a active military force that could project the required force to "take " Taiwan from China.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That doesn't mean they can project power. That just means they can attack land based targets. They're not currently in a position to project power in any significant way.

That's all I was saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

And you are right. It'll be years before they can project any kind of power. They still have to build doctrine, which takes a long time, I addition to building the forces to do it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Honestly... this is an emotionally and physically taxing stalemate for both sides.
It's a complex state of affairs on that peninsula...

Re-unification 'events' have displayed a sliver of that desire to re-unite, but ultimately, nothing ever really changes.
We are, traditionally, a very communal and family-centric people group as it is...
If anyone here is Korean or has a Korean relative/spouse, you probably know first hand how important (sometimes almost destructively so) familial ties become!
For many generations, nepotism even dominated businesses, and in many cases today, still do!

I believe a lot of the back and forth comes from the fact that many families have been separated by the DMZ and are anxiously awaiting the day they can be re-united after so many years.
This alone makes 'wiping NK off the map' a serious last resort for many living on the Korean peninsula; many still view their NK relatives as their brothers and sisters who got stuck on the wrong side of the DMZ.

We have hoped for years and years that Agricultural, Educational, and Religious outreach programs would help those trapped in NK; but imported resources just get seized and sent for military use (like we'd expect anything less from Un).
Good will attempts have all but failed...

It can also be almost impossible to tell if an NK citizen actually sees the evil around them vs one who is just faking it to report you to the MP.

Combine all this with a constant paranoia and fear that NK is burrowing invasion tunnels and establishing covert routes into SK for an 'ultimate invasion plan,' and you've got all the ingredients for an inevitable poop storm!

Mercilessly taking out the North would be a last ditch effort... which must always be 'on the board' since the lil' dear leader keeps threatening the lives of all those in SK (let alone the rest of the world).
Avoiding a lose-lose situation is top priority here, because it has the potential to become much uglier than it already is.

Like those here have said... atomic weapons would destroy that entire region.
It's uber populated, but it's like the size of New Jersey!

edit on 21-8-2015 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2015 by bojimbo because: grammar mistakes in brain vomit

edit on 21-8-2015 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Please make war not love!

Go in with full force and see how fast NK will surrender. Nothing else than smoke and mirros!

OK, You First...

I'm right behind ya!

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
a reply to: TechniXcality
I guess you never heard of a false flag then

Right flag, false flag, his country...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I second this...

Their military clout ends at the borders of China and SK.

They claim to have 'superior weaponry,' but I doubt anyone actually believes that.
Their 'modern' rocket technology is laughable

...I do worry though, about what they could potentially have brewing underground

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bojimbo

I was actually talking about Japan, but your points are right on too. North Korea has a decent short to intermediate missile program, but lack of training and resources will hurt their mechanized forces a lot.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There's that old saying: armies march on their stomachs...

So, unless they were to get help from someone, I don't see N. Korea getting very far with any war.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If war were to break out,
China would be about the only help they might get.

Then again, China might just move in and occupy North Korea in order to keep the two from Unifying in the event of war.
I am not sure what the Chinese stance is on reunification.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

China hasn't been happy with North Korea in recent years.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: jude11

S&F Jude, interesting post.

This article www.cbsnews.com... mentions Kim signing off on "the final attack option."

This could get interesting. Then again, NK likes to talk a lot of trash so who knows. They like to run their collective mouth, bang the war drum, then claim victory without doing anything.

Maybe they'll finally get their ass handed to them? Will watch this one.

I'm pretty sure this is nothing o worry about, After all, we heard crazy claims from them before.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Darkblade71

China hasn't been happy with North Korea in recent years.

I think China allows NK to exist so as to not have to beef up that border themselves and waste money or man power. Instead let KIM do it. Kinda like a buffer zone plant.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Zaphod, how are you reading this? is this the usual NK chest-beating or does it feel more serious than that to you?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

A little more thumping than usual, but no one seems to be moving beyond normal deployments.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: jude11

This is basically just over propaganda broadcasting. Those are definitely a lot of loudspeakers, but how far into North Korea could the sound get?

Of course, SK could always just, well, turn off the speakers.

Regardless of what we are told to think about NK it is hard to see setting up huge banks of speakers to blast propaganda at your neighbours as anything less than obvious provocation. Certainly not worth risking a single life over, let alone a full blown war.

Wind your necks in SK and stop being so #ing childish.

Except that NK has been doing the same for 20.. 30 years. Ever hear of propaganda village? So NK can build a taller flagpole.. and even put a tiny but still larger flagpole in their joint meeting room.. they can blast speakers from their fake town for years and years.. and have cameras ready to snap pictures of ANY gesture made and then blow up a fake story around it.. and you are calling SK childish?

I guess SK is supposed to be mature and just take it eh? So when the resort to NK methods to show them how incredibly annoying and ridiculous it is, they are the ones trying to provoke a war. Hilarious.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Watch Red Flag. Several units that would deploy ate there, as are a number of personnel. It still has a couple of weeks to go. If it finishes out, they're not planning to react, at least not yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join