It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohio_Ron

They tried to take it BACK. South Korea is NOT Korea. In fact, it has nothing to do with Korea.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianoasis
a reply to: Ohio_Ron

They tried to take it BACK. South Korea is NOT Korea. In fact, it has nothing to do with Korea.

Haha if anything north korea is not korea! Its barely a country! Just a 1950's antique and moment to the failed policys of stanlist style communism and totalitarianism.

Are you working for your dear leader chubby chub chub?

Do you get paid in food to post here or does your fat little dear leader steal it from you

Defect to us, we feed our people and dont put them in camps for speaking out against our politicians.

And anyway, if war breaks out NK is toast! Your 1950's crap could be chewed up by belgium if they wanted to

Honesty dont waste your time and the limited electrical power your insignificant nation has on Propaganda. It wont wash in the west. We know what a joke NK is and know your fat spolied little leader is a tyrant and murderer.
edit on 23-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
Kim is a megalomaniac who has been brainwashed since birth by his late father, that he is a god.....he is convinced of his own divinity. he pays his generals top dollar, and treats them like royalty

He is more like a badly written Bond-villain than a dictator. Sure, he treats his Generals like royalty... right up until he has them executed for an imagined slight.

Their massive standing army is a serious threat to South Korea, but that's about it. All those submarines that RT reported leaving port? They are a bigger threat to their crews than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this source, but Wikipedia says it's an English reprint of one of the top pro-china news agencies. If anyone knows anything about this source, please tell whether it's legitimate or not. I'm also trying to find a verified Chinese news source to confirm the story. I'm not that good at going through their sources though.

The People's Liberation Army has sent troops to China's border with North Korea as escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula have pushed North and South to the brink of possible war.

The Hong Kong-based Oriental Daily reported Saturday that internet users have been uploading photos of what appear to be PLA armored vehicles and tanks passing through the streets of Yanji, the seat of the Yanbian Korean autonomous prefecture in eastern Jilin province. The city, considered a key transport and trade hub between China and the DPRK, is less than 30 kilometers from the 1,400-kilometer border.

PLA troops head to DPRK border as North-South tensions mount

It looks like China might be stepping up to the plate and things might be more serious than they appear.
edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: jimmyx
Kim is a megalomaniac who has been brainwashed since birth by his late father, that he is a god.....he is convinced of his own divinity. he pays his generals top dollar, and treats them like royalty

He is more like a badly written Bond-villain than a dictator. Sure, he treats his Generals like royalty... right up until he has them executed for an imagined slight.

Their massive standing army is a serious threat to South Korea, but that's about it. All those submarines that RT reported leaving port? They are a bigger threat to their crews than anyone else.

Im pretty dure the USN and SK navy know there exact locations or soon will.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

If - *IF* - China truly is mobilizing towards the North Korean border, combined with the reported movements of the North Korean military, has there been any discussion about a Coup or Civil War WITHIN North Korea? I say this because I find it unlikely that China would support - or even sanction - an attack against South Korea.

However a Military Coup between undetermined and competing loyalties on China's border would get a reaction to their shared border to contain it. Perhaps to even intervene on one side or the other.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I've no idea. I've been attempting to go through some of the Chinese news sources, but either Google's webpage translator doesn't do a very good job, or my work PC isn't quite up to the task.

I did do a little more digging into the source I linked to. Their website says they're an English news website of the Taiwan based China Times. At the moment, I can't get Google to translate the actual Taiwan China Times website. I have no way of knowing that's there.

At any rate, if it turns out the PLA is mobilizing on their border with NK, it might lend credence that they'd rather annex NK than see the region go to SK.

Edit: I still would think that China would have the most to gain under a unified Korea though. It's even possible China might be mobilizing incase of a mass refugee exodus or even to protect fleeing refugees from retaliation by NK's army.
edit on 8/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It's even possible China might be mobilizing incase of a mass refugee exodus or even to protect fleeing refugees from retaliation by NK's army.

Those sound like valid reasons.
It would be stupid not to be prepared for any eventuality.
If Russia and Canada went to war, I am pretty sure the US would be IN Canada.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
U.S.military base in Japan has blown up...might be an accident..Weapons depot..looks pretty bad anyways from the explosions.

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 23-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
More buildup by NK is being reported by Yonhap news. They're reporting NK has deployed amphibious landing craft to the DMZ with special forces on board.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Seems like it's going to be going on for a third day now...
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

Hi everyone, just signed up btw. Long time lurker

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
More buildup by NK is being reported by Yonhap news. They're reporting NK has deployed amphibious landing craft to the DMZ with special forces on board.

Here's the link english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I feel nervous tonight.. I probably won't sleep

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ebidoki

Thanks for posting the link. I'm on my phone and wasn't able to.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think N. Korea is using the talks to put military units in place. I do not see either side backing down and S.K. stated again they wont stop the broadcasts.

Maybe an intentional show of force while hoping it might pressure S. Korea to back down?
edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That seems to make sense, BUT wouldn't SK be on to that trick by now? These "talks" seem ridiculous and weird at this point, they're at like 15 hours now for this round...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think N. Korea is using the talks to put military units in place. I do not see either side backing down and S.K. stated again they wont stop the broadcasts.

Maybe an intentional show of force while hoping it might pressure S. Korea to back down?

It could be possible, it does seem obvious, BUT NK seems unpredictable. Who knows what the intentions are here.
It's just very unsettling because neither side are backing down. We don't really know what it is like to live in NK or SK but from an outsiders point it just seems so tense, like there is no backing down from this point. I hope I am wrong though

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

That seems to make sense, BUT wouldn't SK be on to that trick by now? These "talks" seem ridiculous and weird at this point, they're at like 15 hours now for this round...

I can't imagine what is possibly going on in that room for that amount of time, I honestly don't know why it needs to go on another day.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Yeah, I don't believe this is just about loud speakers anymore.

Something else is cooking IMO.

Jude

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Notice Kim Un ordered his troops to be well armed? Well now, there's an order that must have took some thought on Kim's part to figure out. And being well armed and able to deal with any contingency was another good idea by his advisers. (He really has some smart people working under him), /sarcasm He probably worries more he will be assassinated and maybe hesitated to give his troops weapons, kind of like our own president Obama. (Sorry but they really are a lot alike).

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
He probably worries more he will be assassinated and maybe hesitated to give his troops weapons, kind of like our own president Obama. (Sorry but they really are a lot alike).

You're crazy. President Obama is in no way like Kim Jong Un. I get it though, any chance to dismiss your president, even when the topic isn't about him.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join