It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Very good news.

I would say this bodes well that the crisis has been averted & that they have no real intention of following through on their earlier bluster. Both sides know a real conflict would be disastrous for the peninsula & populations on both sides.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Heads up Jude for a good thread and thank you for following up on comments.
Is North Korea as bad as Cambodia was?
Why do we so solidly ignore the crimes committed there?

You lived there eight years, that's impressive, tell the Missus I'd love to hear the translation of her comments

WIS

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 22-8-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Double Post

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jchostyle

The world has to do something to stop NK right now, before they get a warhead small enough to mount on a missile. They are in the final stages of that thanks to Pakistan. South Korea can not let that happen, no matter how they feel about the consequences, they do not have a choice. Kim will blackmail them the minute he can get a nuke on a missile, he knows a bomber will be shot down with ease but a missile will give them very little to no warning and only the U.S. Patriot missiles and Naval SM-3 system will be able to defend them in-time and that is not a guaranteed intercept, although its a pretty good chance one wont get through both systems throwing up dozens of missiles to intercept it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Talks ended after 10 hours. Will resume on sunday.

North, South Korea officials to resume talks later Sunday - South's presidential office

Caught that.

Must be a lot on the table besides loud speakers for it to carry over to a new day.

What the hell?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashpack
Unconfirmed reports on twitter of China moving PTZ-89 tank destroyers in Yanji towards the NK border.

Where are the "Unconfirmed reports coming from?"

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

originally posted by: ashpack
Unconfirmed reports on twitter of China moving PTZ-89 tank destroyers in Yanji towards the NK border.

Here is a Link that has what you are saying , has some picts and a twitter post

Different source here.

What the hell is this about? It's a blog but it's the second source I've seen now.

Tank Destroyers Near North Korea's border seen on trains

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
has China ever done this before regarding N. Korea?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

China has put North Korea in their place twice. I'm pretty confident they're tired of doing so.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

thank you..i imagine this move will be felt in sundays talks.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
So........what? Kim had to repeat himself?

Kim, "Did I stutter?!"

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Talks ended after 10 hours. Will resume on sunday.

North, South Korea officials to resume talks later Sunday - South's presidential office

Caught that.

Must be a lot on the table besides loud speakers for it to carry over to a new day.

What the hell?

Those meetings between the Korea's can go on for days about things like who sits where, how high this flag is etc. They spend hours debating minutia.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

im sure your right, and i know how serious this is...but
i cant help but look at this from a comedy stand point.
im sure these meetings have got to be roll on the floor at times.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Caught that.

What the hell?

From what I am seeing -

The North is demanding the South end broadcasts.
The South is stating they wont stop until they get something from N. Korea (ownership of the landmine incident).

Both sides refuse to budge on those points.

Apparently they also discussed ways to improve ties.

Latest Update

North, South Korea on alert as talks resume in bid to end standoff

SEOUL (Reuters) - Top aides to the leaders of North and South Korea resumed talks on Sunday after negotiating through the night in a bid to ease tensions involving an exchange of artillery fire that brought the peninsula to the brink of armed conflict.

The meeting at the Panmunjom truce village inside the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) began on Saturday evening, with both sides on military alert, shortly after North Korea's deadline for Seoul to halt anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts or face military action. It broke up before dawn on Sunday.

The envoys, shown on TV exchanging handshakes and tight smiles at the start of their meeting, discussed ways to resolve tensions and improve ties, South Korea's presidential Blue House said in a brief statement.

"Both sides are under big pressure to get something out of this," said Jeon Young-sun, professor at the Institute of the Humanities for Unification at Konkuk University in Seoul, who said the length of the high-level meeting may be unprecedented.

The kicker - I think there is more here than what we see.

"North Korea wants to stop broadcasts, while South Korea can't do it without achieving anything back," Jeon said.

Both sides want to avoid an armed conflict, apparently. I am wondering if the requirement the north take responsibility for the landmine is a way to undermine lil kimmy. It will require the North giving into the South which would most likely lead to yet another purge of top officials to take the blame.

The military on both sides remain on high alert and N. Korean media is once again back to hating S. korea. That's important because before the first meeting North Korean media referred to south Korea by its proper name and without the usual puppet regime follow on.

Looks like that honeymoon is over.

I don't see either side backing down and if talks are this serious and this time consuming its possible this might be the final attempt to resolve the issues before both sides come to the conclusion it wont work. The other issue for the South would be the reaction of its citizens if North Korea gets away with yet another act of killing S. Korean military / civilian personnel. Don't forget the north sunk a S. Korean naval vessel back in 2010. The north also shelled a S. Korean island, killing some civilians.

The people of S. Korea, imo, wont accept another incident where they give in to the North.

As a side observation does anyone else notice little kim is acting like Dr. Evil from Austin powers? The way the north does things reminds of the scene where Dr. Evil is demanding a certain amount of money and the people on the other end laughing because of how ludicrous it is
edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hmmmm, things seem to be heating up again. Let's keep watching.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Hmmmm, things seem to be heating up again. Let's keep watching.

Another update -
Rival Koreas restart talks, pull back from brink _ for now

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — Senior officials from North and South Korea resumed a second round of talks on Sunday that temporarily pushed aside vows of imminent war on the peninsula.

South Korea's presidential office said the talks restarted in the border village of Panmunjom.

The delegates failed to reach an agreement in Saturday's marathon talks that stretched into the early hours of Sunday, and it was still unclear whether diplomacy would defuse what has become the most serious confrontation in years.

South Korea's military reported Sunday that it detected unusual troop and submarine movements in North Korea that indicated Pyongyang was strengthening its capacity for a possible strike.

About 70 percent of the North's 77 submarines had left their bases and were undetectable by the South Korean military as of Saturday, said an official from Seoul's Defense Ministry, who didn't want to be named because of office rules.

The official also said that the North had doubled the strength of its front-line artillery forces since the start of the high-level talks early Saturday evening.

click link for yadda yadda yadda

edit on 23-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It looks like the north is ratcheting up their sub movements, making SK nervous, with good reason. DURING talks? Confusing. Could it be a surprise attack in the midst?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's what I am thinking. Part of me wonders if the talks aren't designed to create delays to get troops / equipment in place. The meeting was North Korea's idea and North Korea also asked the UN for help, which is rare considering the UN took them to task for human rights abuses.

Maybe trying to portray a "see, we tried to resolve it by diplomacy and the other side walked away" image to justify action?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I always find it strange that two countries that are so close to each other are so different in so many ways. Like Xcathdra said, these talks could just be a delay tactic to get troops moving. South Korea aren't stupid though, they will know this and prepare accordingly.

One to keep an eye on over the next few days.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join