It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 2015 was the hottest month on modern record

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Maybe u guys only find those lovely scientist claims all over the internet that are not connected to this reality but as i do live in the country and pay some attention to weather i can clearly say that it has been cold summer and i only said colder than last summer but others say it was colder than in 50 years any summer.

yle.fi...

And these mofos say it has been all time 2nd coldest summer, not in 50 years even but ALL TIMES, i guess they mean as all time recorded temps but still...

www.hs.fi...

Bees, honey farmers are worried as well about cold summer, bees have not made honey yet because of the weather.

www.yrittajat.fi...[edit by]edit on 21-8-2015 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

You might not have felt it on your own body, the 0.08 degreees, but if you watch the news around the world once in a while, i'm sure you have seen flash floods in China & India, this year.. too.

This change is so minute that over-all it is statistically the same as no change at all. It's 8 TENTHS of 1 DEGREE. Hardly qualifies as "runaway" global warming does it?

Not only but the record keeping is all a 100 years old. How statistically accurate can that be for "overall" temperature changes for the history of the planet.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: pheonix358

Does that mean that all the pictures of bushfires posted in this link are all photoshopped ??

Here is one of the pictures

“There is a high risk that extreme weather conditions today could cause fire activity to increase and possible over run containment lines,” the CFA said.

Probably just a run away BBQ?

Would u claim global warming over that picture? Have u not heard that somewhere in the world every summer there happens things like this, wild forest burns by large areas and it is not connected to global farming either.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Seriously. When year after year the planet breaks world wide heat records for EVERY month, the planet is warming. It is undeniable.

Haven't you heard? climatologists are on the payroll, they aren't actually in the antarctic taking ice core samples, they are getting rich from kickbacks from the government.

That is most likely closest to the truth about global warming.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Best summer of my life so far, keep on polluting ya'll!!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hottest? so why is there snow in Buffalo NY, and in Scotland, (I don't mean on the mountains) ? I just don't believe it, its not hot where I am, even now, and I'm in the northern latitudes, between 50 and 55 to be imprecise.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Hottest? so why is there snow in Buffalo NY, and in Scotland, (I don't mean on the mountains) ? I just don't believe it, its not hot where I am, even now, and I'm in the northern latitudes, between 50 and 55 to be imprecise.

Average global temperature is not the temp in your back yard. Let's say the poles are 2 degrees hotter but you are one degree colder. That average is hotter.
But on the other hand people have been around for 10k years and have only been keeping track for just over a hundred years. So they really are just blowing smoke.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I am sure he knows that, but since we don't have control and direct access to the monitoring tools/data, all he can go off of is his own experiences.

As far as my summer goes here in Minnesota, I have never experienced better weather. Little to no severe storms, nice balance of rain and sunshine, and temps in the 70's and 80's.

Please guys keep breathing and polluting! I want to give a special shout out to all my brothers and sisters in China as well. Thank you for wanting to make those quick bucks, you exemplify the current ignorance of mankind that the rest of us can only hope to one day achieve.

One Love

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Please don't bitch about global warming if you have: a house with a cooling or heating system, electricity, a cell phone, a computer, a car, a lawn mower, shop at a grocery store or wear clothes. All of those require oil, all of those require coal. If you're so "pissed" about it then quit your job, sell everything you have, buy a plot of land and subsistence farm while living in a shack with no fresh water. Until then stfu

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

You might not have felt it on your own body, the 0.08 degreees, but if you watch the news around the world once in a while, i'm sure you have seen flash floods in China & India, this year.. too.

This change is so minute that over-all it is statistically the same as no change at all. It's 8 TENTHS of 1 DEGREE. Hardly qualifies as "runaway" global warming does it?

The difference in global temperatures from 1950 to the depths of the last ice age is roughly 5 degrees Celsius.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo

Maybe u guys only find those lovely scientist claims all over the internet that are not connected to this reality but as i do live in the country and pay some attention to weather i can clearly say that it has been cold summer and i only said colder than last summer but others say it was colder than in 50 years any summer.

yle.fi...

And these mofos say it has been all time 2nd coldest summer, not in 50 years even but ALL TIMES, i guess they mean as all time recorded temps but still...

www.hs.fi...

Bees, honey farmers are worried as well about cold summer, bees have not made honey yet because of the weather.

You're missing the point.

We're not saying that you didn't have an unusually cold summer. We're saying that that doesn't mean it ain't warming globally. In fact, this warming is causing disruptions in weather patterns which could well be partly responsible for the cold summer.
edit on 13Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:49:23 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Please don't bitch about global warming if you have: a house with a cooling or heating system, electricity, a cell phone, a computer, a car, a lawn mower, shop at a grocery store or wear clothes. All of those require oil, all of those require coal. If you're so "pissed" about it then quit your job, sell everything you have, buy a plot of land and subsistence farm while living in a shack with no fresh water. Until then stfu

Don't bitch about basketball if you're a fan, because you aren't a player. A bad argument; one can be hypocritical and yet correct about something. A doctor that smokes can tell you that smoking is bad... etc.

We can, individually, do stuff. Many of us do. There's solar heating, photoelectric solutions, and just plain better insulation and weatherization.

However, individually, we make little impact compared to commercial and industrial impacts.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

However, individually, we make little impact compared to commercial and industrial impacts.

Knowing that, why do you think those who pollute the most feel the need to continually push this fear mongering propaganda?

The average Joe is always going to be the one sacrificing the most and doing what needs to be done, so what is the goal? Like you said, we make little impact when compared to Military industrial complex pollution, industrial pollution etc...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The earth is some 4.5 billion years old. Geology tells us that from the time the earth was formed the climate has been changing due to a number of factors (not including us) and there is no reason to think that it will stop changing. The climate and weather have also been radically different to how it is today and I am sure that the current record breaker for July 2015 is nothing compared to what has been (and will be).

We only have a couple of hundred years worth of RECORDED weather data with varying degrees of accuracy. Can we really say that it it getting hotter/colder with such certainty? We aren't that great at predicting the next few weeks weather let alone the next hundred years or so. The climate/weather is going to change with or without us.

Whilst I agree that it isn't great to poop in your own back yard or anyone else's, it is hard to take the subject seriously when the government is currently saving us from climate change through carbon taxes. Given the long history of propaganda and profiteering from one racket to the next, it is more likely that someone discovered these naturally occurring changes and they are being taken advantage of to make a few people lots of money. It has been and always will be.

How many times have the masses been conned by our own government and by corporations? People will do and say anything to make a profit, even if it kills, maims etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey
Typical fall back environment. Nice emotions plea there with mentioning being conned by the government.
CO2 levels continue to climb as a result of human activity. There is no denying that. There also is room for denying that radiant forcing of CO2 is an unproven concept.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If the earth was truly at that point and they in fact knew it, like they are claiming right now, do they act correctly right now? What have they really done, other than gathering all the money around the world cause of it? What has that money bought towards to really slow it down or even reverse it?

If they are correct, why they let corporations just keep increasing the shyt that is supposedly increasing the warming rate?

Heck maybe in the next decade when ppl forget this all about they start fear mongoring that moon is transforming ppl as werewolfs and they must be stopped, plz send us more money?

Btw yall know when this global warming propaganda start it? What have they predicted from there to here? To me it seems like fear mongoring is working very good as usual, ppl read mainstream news about it and are dead pent that is happening and start chanting it like mantra and cursing ppl whom say its a joke or whaeva.

All in all if all of it is the truth then i just say that is what we deserved anyhow, we destroy everything and act as we the cream of universe.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe it's coincidence but people here on ATS seem to be claiming that their regional weather is cold/hasn't changed.

Where is it hotter than before?
The Artic? Record ice last winter in 30 or so years.
Antarctica? How could we know, we can't really go there anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When the now head of GISS refuses to debate face to face with, at the very least his peer who has other ideas, something is a bit stinky...Meh! there's a whole lot stinky. This same, 'now head of GISS' is also one those involved in the dodgy university of East Anglia hacked e-mails debacle, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him..which wouldn't be very far. I wouldn't trust NOOWAH so much either, given their own relatively small catchment area for ground temperature/weather measurement sites, never mind the wacky ad hoc temperature measurement sites that could be best described as unreliable probably in the majority of cases, but where so much data has comes from.
So when I see an OP that starts with the climate change/AGW/GW/blah blah idea as done and dusted, then goes on to say, jeepers it's even hotter than last year...I say what the feck, is this another presentation brought to you from Coca Cola, or what?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hottest on record....over 135 years.

Yeah.

Uh-huh.

Given the overall timeline of things...this is alarmist BS.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Actually this is the hottest summer EVER!Well at least back as far as records are kept,back in the Proterozoic,when slime molds were manning the weather stations and calibrating the thermometers.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join