It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 2015 was the hottest month on modern record

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And 2015 is likely going to be the hottest year since recording began in 1880.

Earth just keeps getting hotter. July was the planet's warmest month on record, smashing old marks, U.S. weather officials said.

And it's almost a dead certain lock that this year will beat last year as the warmest year on record, they said.

July's average temperature was 16.6 Celsius (61.86 degrees Fahrenheit), beating the previous global mark set in 1998 and 2010 by 0.08 C, according to figures released Thursday by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. That's a large margin for weather records, with previous monthly heat records broken by a 20th of a degree or less.

source

It's undeniable. The Earth is warming at an accelerating pace. This is confirmed by both US and Japanese meteorologists.

"It just reaffirms what we already know: that the Earth is warming," said NOAA climate scientist Jake Crouch. "The warming is accelerating and we're really seeing it this year."

You might not have felt it on your own body, the 0.08 degreees, but if you watch the news around the world once in a while, i'm sure you have seen flash floods in China & India, this year.. too.

You can see a list of floods on this link

Heavy rainfall has affected north-western and central-eastern China since 25 June, causing deadly floods and landslides in several provinces. Henan Province 6 dead 800 people evacuated Over 100 homes destroyed

For those who think that global warming is some government conspiracy, please read up on the science and check the facts for yourself.
The only "conspiracy" about global warming is the government's "solution"... carbon taxes!

And yes, man has a crucial role in this pattern too. It's simple fact that we are the only species on the planet that combusts almost anything to get warm, or get steam for electricity and what not. No other species do that. In fact, humans are primates with advanced knowledge of burning stuff, which is essentially the primary contributing factor of global warming. Don't even start that debate please! If you do, please provide proof that we are NOT having any effect on the climate.

You all seen this video i guess..

The year 2014 now ranks as the warmest on record since 1880, according to an analysis by NASA scientists.
Yup, 2014 was also a record breaker...

Here are 5 of 11 facts you can investigate for yourself.

1. Global warming is the increase of Earth's average surface temperature due to greenhouse gases that collect in the atmosphere like a thickening blanket, trapping the sun's heat and causing the planet to warm up

2. Greenhouse gases keep heat close to the earth’s surface making it livable for humans and animals. However, global warming is happening largely due to an over-emittance of these gases and fossil fuels (natural oil, gasoline, coal).

3. With the start of industry in the 1700's, humans began emitting more fossil fuels from coal, oil, and gas to run our cars, trucks, and factories. By driving a “smarter” car, you will not only save on gas, but help prevent global warming.

4. There is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years.

5. Though Americans make up just 4 percent of the world's population, the US produce 25 percent of the carbon dioxide pollution from fossil-fuel burning -- by far the largest share of any country.

source

Im not trying to bash America in any way, this is NOT the intention at all. I am merely summing up facts. If you don't believe the article, you could start with the US military consumtion of fussil fuels.

The United States Department of Defense is one of the largest single consumers of energy in the world, responsible for 93% of all US government fuel consumption in 2007 (Air Force: 52%; Navy: 33%; Army: 7%. Other DoD: 1%).

source

So, if we all can agree that we humans are having an impact on climate, surely we could have the impact of reversing it ?

Feel free to post any ideas on how to reverse the trend as of now. Don't be shy, it might be a crazy idea at first, but ideas can evolve.
Windmills with solar cells? Or how about transporting sunlight around the world using fiber optic cables?
There are some of my "crazy" ideas. I got many more. I'm pretty sure, that if we put our minds to it, we can think of an global ingenious solution.

edit on 21/8/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Seriously. When year after year the planet breaks world wide heat records for EVERY month, the planet is warming. It is undeniable.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I don't think a solution will involve our manufactured technology.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The anti global warming crowd will be along soon to debunk this . Personally i think the OP is spot on . Good luck .

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Not in Finland, i think global warming is cancelled because in Finland it has been cold summer compared to last summer.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
you know, you don't even need science, you just need, well, random people.
Do this, next time you are close to the sea, ask random people that have lived there their whole life if they noticed anything different, and they will all tell you the same things:
the beach used to be a bit longer, or how that one rock used to have more of it's body out of water compared to now.
I've lived on an island my whole life, and even though i am just 31, i notice the difference.

At this point it doesn't even matter if it's us doing it or not.
It's happening, people.
The only question is if we even give a damn either way.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo
Translation: it's cold in my back yard so global warming doesn't exist. Weather doesn't exist anywhere other than my back yard.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well, it has been bloody cold in South Australia. July was the pits! Really cold!

P

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
People are suckers for propaganda.

Don't you just hate when somebody keeps complaining about how hot it is today?

"Yah, we know. Its the peak of hot because its Summertime."

Now that he mentions it I do feel kind of hot (turns on air conditioner).

cha ching…

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Does that mean that all the pictures of bushfires posted in this link are all photoshopped ??

Here is one of the pictures

“There is a high risk that extreme weather conditions today could cause fire activity to increase and possible over run containment lines,” the CFA said.

Probably just a run away BBQ?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not on E. Coast Canada I can assure you.

Jude

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Seriously. When year after year the planet breaks world wide heat records for EVERY month, the planet is warming. It is undeniable.

Haven't you heard? climatologists are on the payroll, they aren't actually in the antarctic taking ice core samples, they are getting rich from kickbacks from the government.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I doubt anyone denies the warming, I think what is in dispute is the amount Man contributes to it as opposed to nature.
But in reality, it doesn't matter at all. We aren't going to change how we commute, there aren't going to be any less people in the future, and occupying other planets at this time isn't an option. So our choice is to adapt or die.

And if in 20 years the temperatures start to go back in the other direction, we can blame a new factor. But since we don't know exactly what's going on, we will have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Does that mean that all the pictures of bushfires posted in this link are all photoshopped ??

No, but the goats and geese in that photo look photo shopped.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You might not have felt it on your own body, the 0.08 degreees, but if you watch the news around the world once in a while, i'm sure you have seen flash floods in China & India, this year.. too.

This change is so minute that over-all it is statistically the same as no change at all. It's 8 TENTHS of 1 DEGREE. Hardly qualifies as "runaway" global warming does it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

No, but the goats and geese in that photo look photo shopped.

They are not just ordinary geese, they are proper ganders

edit on 21-8-2015 by kennyb72 because: add quote

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logman
Translation: it's cold in my back yard so global warming doesn't exist. Weather doesn't exist anywhere other than my back yard.

Another translation; You do not know anything about weather inside Finland or u really that small sighted and think i was commenting my own backyards temperature as whole Finland`s temp.

P.S. I do not believe global warming. At least not as our dear scientist are claiming it, i can say that global weather is farming and then its cooling again and i strongly believe it has been going on for ages ppl!!!! Where i can get money now??

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Maybe you should get out of your own backyard more? Or just read up upon Finland's own findings?

Finland is receiving the brunt of global warming, as temperatures across the Nordic country climb faster than anywhere else in the world.

A study conducted by the University of Eastern Finland and the Finnish Meteorological Institute found over the past 40 years, the average temperature has risen more than 0.2 degrees per decade, according to the University of Eastern Finland.

Over the past 166 years, the mean temperature has risen over 35 degrees Fahrenheit, Finnish news outlet YLE reported. This past decade, average temperatures have risen about 32 degrees Fahrenheit, a rate that is double that of the entire planet, YLE also noted.

source

So, no money for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Does this mean we are all going to die next month?
Next year?
Next century?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I've lived on an island almost my whole life and I've yet to see a difference in the coastline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join