It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Rewilding Beyond Authority, Pigs In The Forest Of Dean, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:21 AM
'Rewilding' has been carried out without public consent. Pigs have been released in the Forest of Dean and other areas. Once numbers have reached levels that can't be ignored the call for predators will seem justifiable. If 'rewilders' took the present big cat population seriously they would appear more knowledgeable. I expect lynx have already been released and possibly some wolves, probably in Scotland.

I'm approaching this from the pigs point of view as innocent pawns in the rewilder's game.

Pigs are remarkably intelligent. They can communicate using sounds too deep for our ears to hear. I've just returned from a camping trip in the Forest of Dean. We communicated with the wild pigs using chanting and grunting. One pig circled our camp in the dark at about twenty five to thirty yards, grunting occasionally. When it had reached a high point with thick bracken it began to approach making slightly threatening sounding noises. I called back in a firm but friendly way and it backed off.

Noises continued on and off through the night. At about two or three o'clock a pig grunted "Hello". The small number of open minded readers who are left after that statement may well have experienced animals using words in context. Those who can't allow themselves to entertain the idea that animals may use words occasionally should move to a different thread.

A free living pig in the Forest of Dean said hello to me. They don't want to be shot, trapped or poisoned. They want to live in peace. But they breed rapidly and will inevitably run into conflict with farmers, gardeners, dog walkers, horse riders, those using sports grounds and many others. I'd love to see the reaction from a back-to-the-lander who intellectually approves of rewilding when the garden they have so lovingly tended is trashed overnight by pigs introduced and protected by rewilders.

The pig cull in the Forest of Dean has been carried out in a way that increased the population. There is typical spook language to be seen in amongst the arguing. Forestry Commission employees are probably too naive to see how they are being played. The Forest of Dean pig situation is another divide and rule operation like the badger cull and foot and mouth. Conflict between pig protectors and practical country folk is a certainty in the Forest over the next few months. It's designed that way by spooks.

Meanwhile the pigs are willing to talk. Every spring we saw had been turned into a wallow. Beside one we found a broken red fibreglass arrow. I'm not surprised the pigs are wary. But still they're willing to talk. I'm not recommending over friendliness. Poachers encourage tourists to feed the pigs in lay-bys. The poachers go back later, entice the pigs to approach, then shoot them. Don't feed them, but talk to them in the depths of the forest in the middle of the night. Perhaps we can work out some kind of solution.

Some links.

The Pig Spirit is back in the Forest of Dean. Communication is possible.

Here we see the true purpose behind rewilding beyond authority.

Reintroduce lynx? Fine, but we must control the apex predator – humans

These are the farmers, gamekeepers and hunters (all of whom are allowed to own guns)...

There's been so much publicity with Autumnwatch and Springwatch, and all these TV programmes that poachers come from far and wide."

The Forest’s Wild Life Warden who has been the warden for seven years told me that they are a cross, that they bread more frequently than true boar and have larger litters. These are facts from the experience of people living in the forest who see them breading all year with large litters. He also said that this fact made it difficult in the control of them as it was virtually impossible to kill an adult which did not have young or was pregnant.

Paul Lister, a multimillionaire who owns 23,000 acres of land, hopes to reintroduce wolves, lynx and bears to his Scottish estate in the highlands. He believes that the predators can be satellite tracked, allowing farmers to be compensated if their livestock is attacked. In
order to have enough space for wolves and bears, he would need to acquire a further 27,000 acres from the neighbouring estates36.

The biggest foreign landowner in Scotland, the late Paul van Vlissingen, also wanted to reintroduce wolves and lynx to the Scottish
countryside. A three year study of his 80,000 acre Letterewe estate showed that traditional culling was having little impact on deer
numbers. Fences are damaged by falling trees, bypassed over deep snowdrifts and very damaging to the environment in manufacture and installation on that scale. This is just turning them loose.

Applications are being submitted this month to Natural England and Scottish National Heritage for a five-year trial to release around 18 lynxes at sites in Norfolk, Cumbria, Northumberland and Aberdeenshire

Vetter and his colleagues compared annual wild boar population growth to temperature and precipitation data from twelve European countries, with data being available for up to 150 years in some regions. They identified a clear trend. “There is a sharp increase in the number of wild boars after mild winters. As mild winters are becoming more frequent, also wild boar populations are growing exponentially,” Vetter explains.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
One of the many hazards we will face in the future....

Go to 29 seconds for the action.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:46 AM
a reply to: Kester

Don't let wild pigs get too big or too hungry. They will want more from you than "talk."

Parts of the US are being increasingly bothered by domestic pigs--hogs, as we normally call 'em--running wild. They make a mess of about anything in their path, yards, orchards, grain fields, water ways, etc. They reproduce at a phenomenal rate and can be dangerous.

I hate to say it given the tone of your piece with conversing with pigs and all, but I've heard said that they make fantastically good conversation over a grilling.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:59 AM
a reply to: Aliensun

Eating them was the first thought. Looking into it further caused me to have deeper thoughts on the issue. There are more pigs than deer being killed on the Forest of Dean roads now. If one got knocked down in front of me I'd have no problem sticking him if he was still alive then taking him away for out of sight butchering. Don't hold back on the bacon comments. I almost called this thread 'Free Bacon!'

Frequently throughout the UK wild pig debate wise words arrive from Texas warning of the consequences of out of control breeding. Often an ignorant voice then answers with airy fairy nonsense.

I expect a child will be killed in the Forest of Dean sometime then the debate will really hot up. As it's intended to in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
I dont see anything wrong with animals being released back into the wild, if only Seaworld could take heed!
I cant imagine an infestation of these guys is going to be threatening...

edit on 21-8-2015 by AMNicks because: see*

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
a reply to: Aliensun

If there was a serious intention to control numbers these methods would be used.

In the opinion of many well informed and involved people the Forest of Dean culling programme has been carried out in a way that actually increases numbers and conflict with human interests. This is why I believe this is a deliberate rewilding programme using the pigs as a way to persuade the ignorant public to accept predator introduction, while also creating more rifts in society. Divide and rule.
edit on 21 8 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:33 AM
a reply to: AMNicks

24 hours ago I was looking at the damage. A healthy population of genuine Wild Boar will improve the forest. An out of control population of pigs is going to have a similar effect to that seen in Texas and other places.

I had to see for myself because the messages from the various factions are so unreliable. I recommend anyone in the UK with a strong interest in this issue should go to the Forest of Dean and spend a night in a remote place. Just walking there will reveal much evidence of pig activity.

If they lived exclusively on bracken roots we'd have a solution to the bracken. Although they've rooted in amongst the bracken and created some clear spaces they obviously don't stay and root it all out. Overpopulation is the problem, and the cull is being run in a way that causes them to spread out and go into a defensive fast breeding mode.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM

Wowsers. It tore his whole arm off. I knew they could turn, but damn.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
a reply to: SlowNail

The man with him was killed. Usually they just rip your legs up then run away.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM

Oh right, well that's nice. Actually, no it's not. It's horrific. I think I've reached a conclusion. Kill the pigs.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM

I used to live in Gloucester. I spent a lot of time camping and hiking in the Forest of Dean. Very crucial environmental area and needs to be protected.

Yes, my friend owns some woodland here in Cornwall and the pigs had done a lot of damage to it so he had to ban them.

I don't understand. Why bring these creatures there? It makes no sense. Wild Boar certainly, but not these big pigs. They will indeed become a nuisance if they are allowed to become prolific.

I am all for rewilding Britain. I want them to bring back Wolves. There are areas in Scotland where this might be possible. I hope so.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:53 AM
a reply to: Revolution9

Pig World call them wild boar. I call them pigs.

Wild boar numbers in the Forest of Dean are continuing to increase despite an annual culling programme, according to the latest survey carried out for the Forestry Commission of England who manage the area.

Now in its third year, the survey carried out by Forest Research, revealed that wild boar numbers in the forest are now in excess of 1000, almost twice the number recorded in spring 2013.

Some say over the centuries almost all wild boar have become hybridised through contact with domestic pigs. The same is said about Scottish wildcats breeding with domesticated cats, usually for legal reasons rather than absolute accuracy.

I can confirm through my recent visit numbers are well above what could be considered a healthy, wild population. We heard several rifle shots through the night. One series of three shots in quick succession. I presume these were pigs being shot.

Pigs can travel long distances if they choose to. They are spreading and meeting up with other populations, however small. Their sense of smell leads them many miles to meet others. Before long we will see reports of pigs causing damage, injury and loss over a much larger part of the country. Then we'll be offered the natural predator solution as if this situation just came about by chance.

It's not as if the worldwide boar/pig population is in danger of extinction. Italy, an agriculture lobby has called the wild boar situation a national emergency.

Apart from the genuine escapes the free roaming pigs are here through deliberate action and lack of realistic control. It's deliberate and the only reason I can see is to justify predator release which will only make sense on a large scale combined with the deliberate killing or sterilising of humans.

I feel like I should leave you these two links for analysis. Interesting language and methods. Reminds me of spook language and methods.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:24 PM
From the cull sab facebook.

Mr Stannard, now war is declared let battle come down.

Elsewhere words like scum and thugs are used along with class war style jokes about killing humans who are perceived as snobs.

...swamp the little runt and his psycho cronies

...evil cowards...

... cant have a polite conversation with theses twats, just want to punch them.

i would love to see how full this "man's" pants get if he was in the sights of a rifle....especially if my eye was at the other end of the scope

This looks to me like spooks leading useful idiots into a war with people working in the forest. Meanwhile the actual cull itself is being run in a way that spreads the boar further and causes them to breed faster.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
a reply to: SlowNail

Can I ask you to follow my method of camping among them and communicating with them through chanting and deep grunting? We came away with nothing more than ant bites and the knowledge that from the pigs point of view this is a dilemma not of their making. Though I have to admit I responded to the sound of a pig circling us at close range by sharpening the knife that had been blunted earlier digging a fire pit.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:55 PM
You do realise in the right circumstances pigs WILL kill a human and pigs have been known to eat humans, that means all of a human-being, his flesh and his bones.
Just one question, why do people want to re-wild Britain?
Is it because the tree-huggers want to see wild animals without going abroad to see them? Wild animals were eradicated from Britain because they were a nuisance to the population, whether attacking people or attacking livestock.
There is too much land now locked away from the normal public with grouse shoots, pheasant shoots, deer shoots and when the the pigs(pigs released into the wild revert very quickly wild behavior) shoots. These take up vast areas of the country and re-wilding will give them more excuses to exclude more people from these areas. Just ask any inteligent Scotsman how much of Scotland is given over to grouse moors and deer preserves.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
a reply to: crayzeed

Why do people want to rewild Britain?
Because they're idealistic but ignorant of the true state of affairs or because they're the intellectually incompetent 'elite' who think they have more right to live than the masses they want to see drastically reduced in numbers.

Pigs will kill a child in the Forest of Dean sooner or later. Perhaps not for fifty years, perhaps tomorrow. I found an abandoned camp with bedding, clothes, cooking equipment and the remains of a tent. What happened to the camper? I'm not going to sieve through the pig poop looking for teeth and hair.

The species no longer here found conditions unsuitable. This could only change with a huge depopulation programme. Foot and Mouth, another of the townies against countryfolk black ops, resulted in entrepreneurs being encouraged to design mobile incinerators while others learnt the best way to burn large numbers of bodies with readily available fuels.

One of the inconsistencies I've found in the reintroduction of boar story is the assertion that posh people wiped them out for feasts. I expect every smallholder in the land was pleased to see the back of the boar who attacked their pigs and destroyed their crops.

Don't start me on who owns Scotland. And who are the traitors who sold it? Rant material if ever there was such.

Rewilding Britain as it is commonly presented is a scam as proven by the ignorant attitude towards the big cats that are already here.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM

Yummy yum yum, look at those cute little piggies go. Skip to 3 minutes for the action.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM

And another thing!

They, the rewilders, talk about eco tourism. How do these eco tourists travel to see their rewilded 'natural' sights? Unicorn fart powered go-carts? And what about the huge use of resources to enable the breeding and transport of the animals plus other associated needs. It's all a conspiracy I tell you.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM

Not getting you. Do you have a problem about rewilding our countryside..

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
a reply to: purplemer

It depends how it's done and for what ultimate purpose. I see far too much inaccurate information and deliberate division to be happy with the message I'm receiving.

Having seen the Forest of Dean pig situation firsthand I can't trust the blind support for a feral pig population passed off as a beneficial wild boar population.

My personal aim is to communicate with the Pig Spirit as personified in the wild pigs roaming and breeding heavily in the Forest of Dean.

What I'm having difficulty adjusting to is the new condition of not being able to walk through thick undergrowth without the possibility of disturbing a pig. I do understand that those who have been radio tracking the pigs for years have several times walked into pigs resting in deep undergrowth without getting bitten or slashed. But the recommendation is now to avoid thick undergrowth. I've always been a go anywhere type in the British countryside so this new condition is a big change for me to adjust to.

If they eat away at the bracken roots I'll build a shrine to them.
edit on 21 8 2015 by Kester because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>