It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

The cheapest way to stop illegals from coming to the US is to make Latin American countries more prosperous, then they won't have a reason to come here. It's why there's little issue between the US and Canada, we're economic peers.

A wall and harsh conditions for illegals doesn't change this. Time after time we see in this country and all over the world in fact that harsh legal punishments do not deter crime. Slavery wouldn't deter illegals from coming over, do you know what it would do though? It would create an unpaid labor force that would put honest Americans who need to get paid for their work out of a job. You can't compete with free.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Sparky63
Slaves...no way, but I would consider indentured servants. If they can't afford to get citizenship through the legal immigration process they might be allowed to work for citizenship.

Okay, but they get to choose their own jobs at the going rate, as long as they are qualified to do them, and they get to live where they want, as long as they can afford it, and they can get basic medical care and education for their children. Then, after they have proven themselves as good workers with no criminal actions, after a certain period of time, they get to be citizens.

I'm good with that.

The problem with this plan is that it is too easily corruptible. Many think of poor American workers as useless eaters, expendable and of little value. Where would these indentured servants stand, on the the chart of the people's level of worth? How do they seek aide or protection from injustice?

The history of people that were indentured or enslaved, is not a pretty or honorable history. If we have learned anything from our past, we have learned that we are capable of doing evil, ugly, inhumane things to each other. I don't think this plan will play out any differently over time.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How can anyone ever think slavery is a good idea. That really scares me. Because it will start with illegal immigration, then morph to everyone who looks Mexican(which includes me), then morph again to everyone who commits a crime and is in jail. Then morph into everyone in the country.

This guy is advocating slavery and people are agreeing with him. I am half Mexican through my fathers side. My father was born here. His parents came to the country legally. I am anti illegal immigration. I have only ever considered myself American. My culture is American. The only thing I ever co opted from my fathers family roots, is the food. My mom is white. My ex wife and current girlfriend are white. My son is white. I look Mexican. So when I read stuff like this it makes me scared to vote republican. Even though I agree with conservatives on most economic issues.

You may say. Its only the illegals that have to worry. But we all know that because people are so angry about everything right now. That they will look at all Mexican looking people as enemies if this happened. Some people already do. I am someone in the middle. I am someone who votes both ways. So republicans, you just lost my vote. When I see major conservative voices that I respect on ATS, now advocating slavery just because they want something, anything to happen about illegal immigration. I know that I can not in good consciousness vote republican this election.

The middle matters in any election, not just the base.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Let's hope this proposal doesn't get any steam in Congress.

Let's hope some lobby groups don't see it as a private prison for profit agenda.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As awful as it is I imagine this is his way of generating numbers for his program. Get people talking about him and tuning in to hear what horrible thing he will say next. It worked for Howard Stern anyway.

I believe in deportation but not slave labor and that includes reforming our prison system so that corporations don't get free labor.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Let's hope some lobby groups don't see it as a private prison for profit agenda.

Haven't you been paying attention? There are plenty of private prison industries in operation NOW.

www.thenation.com...
www.truth-out.org...
www1.american.edu...
edit on 21-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Okay the private prison thing is really overblown and people need to step back and look at it in context:

There are approximately 2 million inmates in state, federal and private prisons throughout the country. According to California Prison Focus, “no other society in human history has imprisoned so many of its own citizens.”

Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates. It is expected that by the coming decade, the number will hit 360,000, according to reports.

So, out of 2 MILLION people, only 62,000 of them are held in private prisons. There are only 100 private prisons nationwide, too.

This isn't something new, either:

The prison privatization boom began in the 1980s, under the governments of Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr., but reached its height in 1990 under William Clinton, when Wall Street stocks were selling like hotcakes. Clinton’s program for cutting the federal workforce resulted in the Justice Departments contracting of private prison corporations for the incarceration of undocumented workers and high-security inmates.

Globalresearch.ca

So, since the 80's this has been going on, and we only have 62,000 people in private prisons...

People love to scream and shout about the private prison complex, but it really isn't nearly as big as people make it out to be. Honestly, the local and state governments are the ones running the vast majority of the people in prison.

Lets just try to get a little perspective here...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: xuenchen

Haven't you been paying attention? There are plenty of private prison industries in operation NOW.

www.thenation.com...
www.truth-out.org...
www1.american.edu...

What if they see this as a big profit opportunity?

The Lobby is already there.

Where did you get the idea that I didn't know that?

This could get dangerous.

The police state could gain ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The corporate oligarchy seeing this as a profit opportunity? Don't be silly...it can't happen here! I'm sure we can trust them to do the right thing....

Who would have ever thought that we would be discussing enslaving people again in America....?
edit on 21-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: Hefficide
2. After reading the transcript, its pretty clear he was making a point about american citizens being salves for illegals by way of tax dollars and services.

Yea, it's pretty clear that the situation of the U.S. tax payer is pretty much identical to living as a slave in a tent city who is given minimal food and water and forced to work without compensation. Same thing. It's pretty clear guys, this one just went over your head. Some may actually prefer slavery in a tent city with limited food and water and forced labor over...paying taxes...highly comparable situations.
edit on 21-8-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Yeah I think we need to split up America into two parts. The Democrats + illegals can have one side with open borders, and the Republicans can take the other side and make the great republican wall of America. Everybody is happy.

That way nobody can complain about the other side.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Heff,
When one considers the fact that inmates to any correctional dept.
with in the U.S. Become property of the state and therefore are
slave labor. California pays 25 cents an hour to inmates
who work. So they're released with a check and aren't dead broke
go'in into society out of the system. In that regard, you must be
sitting pretty well in life if you don't understand this view.

PERFECT IDEA! It's not like sending em back will do any good.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We're all just property anyway. The supposed end of slavery was nothing more than expanding the market and making all slaves equal.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: xuenchen

The corporate oligarchy seeing this as a profit opportunity? Don't be silly...it can't happen here! I'm sure we can trust them to do the right thing....

Who would have ever thought that we would be discussing enslaving people again in America....?

Let's hope the lobbies don't start pressing the immigration laws.

The lawyers might say the law is the law.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What do you think Heff? Split up the USA into 2 parts, one side Dems+illegals+open borders. The other side republicans with the great wall of the GOP?

It sounds crazy, and it is, but give me a reason beyond the logistics issues as to why you would be opposed to this? I am sure most republicans would be for it honestly.

As an independent I would suggest we receive Hawaii to live on so I guess we would really need 3 parts.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
Read the 13th Amendment again. Slavery is abolished except for convicted criminals. I think this guy is referring to the fact that illegals are just that....illegal. Therefore they may be imprisoned and made to work as a slave, which is allowed in the constitution. And I am in favor of that.

Never heard of this guy but that is my opinion of his statement and its intent.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow. Do you really believe for a minute he is serious?
Remember what his job is.
Is he on the radio to make policy?
Nope.
Is he on the radio to change the world?
Nope.
Is he on the radio to make you happy and give you prizes for being caller number 9?
Nope.
Rule number 1 in radio is always, always...
Ratings and Revenue.
Think of his talk show in the same way you might watch a clown juggle hamsters.
It's entertainment and it's supposed to make you nudge your buddy and say, "did you hear the bit about the Mezkins and slavery on the radio?"
He did his job.
The fact it is being discussed here at all means he did a GOOD job.
Remember.
Ratings and revenue.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

And the obvious exponential embolding technology provides the
basturds at the top. Is indicative of 20/20 vision on your part.
There is no FREEDOM any where. Even the elites themselves serve.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I have to disagree with you on the prison thing. If you are in prison, the general idea is that you are there for violating someone else's rights. I see nothing that says you shouldn't have to forfeit your own for a period of years. And that would include providing free labor if need be.

In my mind, prison should be a place that terrifies people so badly it does not provides street cred.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sounds like a good plan if there's an endgame. Back in the day people that came here had to enlist in armed forces to get there citizenship. Make them work for 5 years and in that time they have to take classes to learn our language and laws. Make sure they have been tested for deseases and at the end of the five years make them pass a test to earn there citizenship then let them live free with some confidence

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join