It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominant Iowa Conservative Talk Show Host: Wants To Make Illegal Aliens SLAVES!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Again see the word choice bud, you really don't get it do you?

Oh I get it. You've been quite clear with your words. That's why I listed them as a reference, to be sure I was understanding you clearly.

You could easily clarify those statements I quoted though. Or just admit that on 2nd thought, it's a bad idea & move forward. There's nothing wrong with thinking out loud, realizing something sounds worse out loud than in our heads, and scrapping the idea.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Nope still good with what I said 👍I believe in America for Americans and if you want to be one prove it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think it's some radio guy poking a hornets nest with a stick.

If politicians can be swayed by some radio guy, then we're in much more trouble than just this one issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think the difference in slavery and a communist state is, slaves are not human in any part of their lives, forced labor are people used for labor with no rights. Not much difference but slavery is hopeless but governments can be changed.
edit on 21-8-2015 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: muse7

No, there are people here saying he should be fired, be punished for what he said.

Not very "free-speechy" if you ask me.

For someone so vehemently against Political Correctness, you seem to get offended by other's people's opinions very easily.

For the people saying that he should be fired...well that's their opinion and im sure you have yours too. However these opinions don't carry any weight in a court of law and even if this radio host gets fired will that take away his right to free speech?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Nope still good with what I said 👍I believe in America for Americans and if you want to be one prove it.

"Prove it" by becoming our slave? Wow...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

"Prove it" by becoming our slave? Wow...

yeah.....there's no bottom to that barrel
edit on 21-8-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My question is, IF this idea of his really happened, and these people decided to leave, where would they go? Has ANYONE even thought about that? Does anybody even care?! I'm sorry but they ARE human beings and I do care.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Mobius8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

yeah i just became a liberal today cause slavery is where i draw the line.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I give up with you, too dense it seems. Slalom or whatever it is you guys say.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

a reply to: muse7

No, there are people here saying he should be fired, be punished for what he said.

Not very "free-speechy" if you ask me.

For someone so vehemently against Political Correctness, you seem to get offended by other's people's opinions very easily.

Not offended at all. Just offering my own opinion. (I'm still allowed, aren't I?)

For the people saying that he should be fired...well that's their opinion and im sure you have yours too. However these opinions don't carry any weight in a court of law and even if this radio host gets fired will that take away his right to free speech?

If you can get punished for speaking your mind, then I'd say that it isn't very condusive to free speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If politicians can be swayed by some radio guy, then we're in much more trouble than just this one issue.

It's the people that are affected by this sort of right-wing propaganda and then they vote for politicians that talk in similar ways.

You're correct that this goes well beyond just this one issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mobius8
My question is, IF this idea of his really happened, and these people decided to leave, where would they go? Has ANYONE even thought about that? Does anybody even care?! I'm sorry but they ARE human beings and I do care.

they go back to Mexico, simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Slavery is never going to happen. It is upsetting that someone should even bring it up, but it will never come to pass again.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I disagree. It is NOT that simple and who said Mexico? There are many illegals here that are NOT from Mexico, they are from very far away lands to include China and other Asian countries. Hispanics are not the only immigrants here in America,

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's the people that are affected by this sort of right-wing propaganda and then they vote for politicians that talk in similar ways.

If the ordinary people want a return to slavery, then we might as well pack up and close shop. 'Cause the world is too fracked up to live in anymore.

I'm hoping for zombies or alien invasions, myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

No they don't care. Yes, there are many illegals in this country but it has become their home. They are part of our collective, like it or not.

It is the spirit of America itself to welcome people in to this country to reap the benefits of freedom and add to our economic machine.

Those that complain about benefits this and welfare that don't realize that it's the "real" Americans that make up the vast majority of the welfare state. Illegals getting welfare is a non-issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Ok guy, tell ones coming from other places aren't exactly just walking across the border now are they? Your nitpicking when you should have used common sense to discern my intent.

I disagree. It is NOT that simple and who said Mexico? There are many illegals here that are NOT from Mexico, they are from very far away lands to include China and other Asian countries. Hispanics are not the only immigrants here in America,

link   

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

www.howtallisthestatueofliberty.org...

edit on 21-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert

If the ordinary people want a return to slavery, then we might as well pack up and close shop. 'Cause the world is too fracked up to live in anymore.

I'm hoping for zombies or alien invasions, myself.

I'll take aliens. That would be more interesting.

The zombie thing isn't very interesting anymore.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join