It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ghost: Toowoomba, Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ok, so it is from the "Daily Mail" where most reports of ghosts etc turn out to be nothing more than ghost apps or people misusing the panorama feature on their camera, but this particular image, I personally found to be quite interesting. Although in the report, some people claim to see other faces, people etc, I tend to think that is simple paredolia , the main image of the bearded man in red, really stands out for me as a possible ghost.

Here is the pic

And here is a bit of the report

A man hiking near a local suicide spot in rural Queensland has snapped a picture of a shadowy figure that some claim is a ghost.
The image, posted to Toowoomba Ghost Chasers' Facebook page on Thursday evening, appears to show a bald man, with a short beard, wearing a red jumper standing among a stack of fallen branches.
The group claim that a member, who goes by Brokc David, was hiking in a national park near Goomburra, Toowoomba, in rural Queensland, when he started to feel as if someone was watching him.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There are other pictures in the report that show the image using contrasts etc, and I think it does seem possibly genuine, although it is a ghost hunting group, so could of course be a fake to drum up interest in their group.

Here is the link to the report
Toowoomba Ghost

I'm interested in what members here think

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Cant say that i lean towards the ghost side of the pic . But i do find it interesting how the site was described as a local / Australian suicide spot . Are we putting up signposts now . " Feeling down , local suicide spot left turn one kilometre " Why did they have to put that in .

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Probably to add to the "tortured soul" aspect and of course sadly there are places all over the world that become synonymous with suicide, Beachy Head in Eastbourne, England is a known "suicide spot" for example

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Well... The Gap in Sydney is a notorious spot for it, there's no signposts though but I think there's volunteers who patrol the area regularly to look for any suicidal people and chat with them.

Toowoomba, I know it a wee bit, not much though as I have not lived in that town. I know the country (vegetation, environment etc) a bit more intimately. I am looking at the photo and it looks to me like what could be construed as the figure's head is part of a tree in the background. The red bit looks like dirt surrounding a ripped up stump that has been stacked. OR - a termites nest. If I recall correctly, there's a fair bit of ferrous material in the soils around there, hematite etc. Termite mounds are usually dark red/brown.

Another thought is it could simply be a bale of rusted wire which would not be surprising given the area.

I believe in ghosts and spirits, alas, I dunnae think this is a photo of one.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
I'm interested in what members here think

bollocks

CX

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hard to say these days, but as you day, so many people misuse or misunderstand thier cameras, bad pics are often down to the user.

I definitely fall into that catagory. My girlfriend took a pic of me walking past her daughter who was singing on a side street....it looked like i was a ghost walking past. Found out since that i have a camera that has a slow shutter speed, or fast....i dunno
.....so it looks like i'm a blurry hollow.

CX.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think it ain't a ghost just look next (rightside) from the guy there is a smal grey standing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You can make out something that resembles a human torso with head, but if you actually look closely at it you can see how it's probably not a dead person as I doubt that many people have a head that's so peculiarly shaped. On the other hand, I can't really make out what the reddish torso part is, but to me it seems like one of those cases where if you look at a set of items in nature from a specific angle, it seems like something is there that actually isn't. For instance, I know a large block of wood somewhere in the forest that looks like a yawning bear (not that we have any bears here...) if you unexpectingly approach it from a certain angle. Especially with such a low quality picture, a roughly head-shaped piece of wood can easily be mistaken for a ''ghost''.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I see the lower portion of a tree trunk and some roots and/or shrubs personally. When I initially saw the image I saw nothing at all. Only after the location of the ostensible man was pointed out could I strain to see it at all.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If there were more Azusa Hayano's in the world then threads like this wouldn't exist.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Deleted previous post, as I realise it was not actually a criticism due to me not knowing who Azusa Hayano was

Apologies.

edit on 21-8-2015 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Only very vaguely human shaped.

Just pareidolia.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It does look like a human shape I'll agree. As a ghost though, I'm not sure. I'll keep an open mind as I always do with pictures like this. There are probably alot of tortured souls wondering the earth, looking for a way out. Getting caught on camera's could be a way of letting us know they're still here.
I love seeing pictures like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why can't it just be a person in red?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Neat post and thanks for sharing. Don't know what for sure it is but is this suicide area the same area where all the animals jump off the bridge?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I suppose it could be, though it's a bit transparent and, as is usual with these stories, the photographer claims there was no one else around...obviously that means taking their word for it though.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Thanks. No the bridge you are thinking of is in Scotland, and it's called Overtoun Bridge. Here is a link with more information
Overtoun Bridge

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

I suppose it could be, though it's a bit transparent and, as is usual with these stories, the photographer claims there was no one else around...obviously that means taking their word for it though.

Ok, first let me start off by saying In my opinion, I believe the mind interacts with reality through an, as yet inaccessible and unseen pathway. Having said that with ghost sightings, or mythological creature sightings, or aliens I am very skeptical.

Excusing all the sensible explanations(hoax,drugs,mental malfunctions) there appears to be a real or quasi real (but then what is real anyway)phenomenon happening here, I'm going to tell you why I believe this and I don't speak of it often, here goes

When I was seventeen I had an episode of sleep paralysis that was terrifying and there is nothing strange or unscientific about that, however I awoke unable to move anything but my eyes and to my utter fear I see a little figure, hooded with the sillowette of an old woman at the foot of my bed, she promptly walks to the side of my bed and begins choking me, all I could see was dark mist and red glowing eyes. Upon being able to move she disappeared as quickly as she appeared.

Typical sleep paralysis episode, right? Well that's the point the name is "old hag" and she has been written about for century's, the occurrence of this hallucination seems to happen in geographic locations and at certain times. What I am suggesting is that this archetype exists in a parallel flow of information aka the collective unconscious, and she appears due to mass psychological upheavals deep within this place, and also to people who are enduring certain life changing events.

It seems to me that these archetypes, are not alive in the way that you and i are, but more like they function as the underlying human programming inside of all of us, and can manifest under certain conditions. So a psychological phenomenon thus hallucination; but also an objectively real entity which in reality is a program . I hope this make sense at least some i've been drinking
this is a tough subject to even touch on sober.

This seems mystical perhaps but it explains the first statement I made that the mind interacts with reality more than we currently have a firm scientific understanding of. So events like this I classify as a psychological phenomenon and I look at it in much the same way Carl Jung does.

I am a skeptic, however certain things are real and require a reasonable explanation and sometimes there are none and that's the best I got. Anyway I thought I'd share thanks for your post and reply
edit on 24-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: drunken

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thanks for posting your experience, I think I understand what you mean. Personally I have had several unexplainable incidents, mainly when I lived in a very old, rural cottage for four years, so yes, I agree that place is important and that certain places seem to have strange qualities that don't happen in other places.

I have not experienced any of the strange phenomena since moving, but it certainly opened my mind to the possibility that there are things which we do not fully understand or aware of in everyday life, so whilst many alleged ghost photos etc are totally bogus, I do believe that there is a possibility that they do exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Only very vaguely human shaped.

Just pareidolia.

This - at first glance it is very intriguing. But when you analyze the surroundings you can see it is definitely pareidolia.

new topics

top topics

join