It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison leak 2.0: new dump is twice as large, and includes CEO's emails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Looks like more ammunition for lawyers. I wonder if any lawfirms are going through the files and proactively contacting any "wealthy" possible significant other potential clients?

Ashley Madison leak 2.0: new dump is twice as large, and includes CEO's emails

By Xeni Jardin at 7:57 pm Thu, Aug 20, 2015
boingboing.net...

Self-proclaimed Ashley Madison hackers the Impact Team today released what looks like another 20 gigabytes of ill-gotten data. The just-dropped “other shoe” includes emails from the cheater-dating website's CEO.

Just two days ago, the Impact Team posted a 10-gigabyte file said to be from ashleymadison.com.

The second release, accessible initially only for Tor users, includes more personal information about the dating website's users--but notably, this one also includes what look like email folders for several of the company's top executives.

As Wired's Kim Zetter notes, the hackers signed today's message with a PGP key, to validate the identity of the poster.

Wired reported in detail, Ars has coverage too.

www.wired.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is how WW3 starts

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Haha good stuff. Ashley Madison bs deserves it and every cheating swine on it.

Hahahah

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Before or after the cheated on party starts it?? Lol

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
All to keep the sheep busy looking the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Why hold back such info?

Probably to extort money from people who would pay to keep their names out of the headlines.

Hacking confidential info and extortion.

Cheaters deserve it, though...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

This is how WW3 starts

Or it will lead to this...remember Lorena Bobbitt

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Damn...it's not funny anymore, lives can be lost the more you find high profile names on that list. People can go through lengths to protect their identity...

But one a funny note, at least we know, who's got skeleton's in their closet...

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Who really cares? I mean why would anyone care about Ashley Madison or who's effing who? Marriage today is bull mostly and society today is hurting in growing pains because massively changing. I remember when salesmen would come by when I was a child trying to sell wild life fact files or encyclopedia Britannica, today you have google n this crap.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Who really cares? I mean why would anyone care about Ashley Madison or who's effing who? Marriage today is bull mostly and society today is hurting in growing pains because massively changing. I remember when salesmen would come by when I was a child trying to sell wild life fact files or encyclopedia Britannica, today you have google n this crap.

Ever have concrete proof you've been cheated on?

Suffice it to say, some people don't take it as lightly as you supposedly would.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
cheating is wrong, i guess we can all agree: don't be in a relationship or be in an open one.
So it's hard to have any sympathy for those people.
At the same time, having all your personal details leaked online for everyone to see, that's all sorts of wrong, you have no idea what kind of crazy people you might bring their way.

I'm starting to be against this mob mentality people have, everybody yaps about first and second amendment, and the right to privacy is being dragged across the mud.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The local media here found the ex-mayor's e-mail address from the next town over on the leak list

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
All to keep the sheep busy looking the wrong way.

Merely a passing glance, I think this is a good thing in a crumbling culture, think Rome. Shame is a good thing when it points in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You haven't seen anything yet, just wait until the pictures are released!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Look at the excuse the Louisiana GOP's head used when his info was exposed among the Ashley Madison leaks. "Opposition research". Right...

Louisiana GOP Executive Director Jason Doré said Thursday that his name was among those released as part of the Ashley Madison data dump earlier this week because he used the site for “opposition research.”
Doré told NOLA.com that an account had been created using his name and former personal credit card information as part of work done by his law firm, Doré Jeansonne.
“As the state's leading opposition research firm, our law office routinely searches public records, online databases and websites of all types to provide clients with comprehensive reports,” Doré told the publication via text message. “Our utilization of this site was for standard opposition research. Unfortunately, it ended up being a waste of money and time.”

Head of Louisiana GOP among those in Ashley Madison data dump

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Am i the only one thinking that this leak is pure gold, in the form of raw material for endless seasons of the famous tv-show...

Blackmail!

Ps. A site is up where you can check any email address. I think it's from the first leak.
www.trustify.info...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't suppose anyone cares about the innocent people who will be hurt, or worse, from the fallout of this?
edit on 8/21/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I don't suppose anyone cares about the innocent people who will be hurt, or worse, from the fallout of this?

On one hand I see it this way, if your names on that list because you were looking for some infidelity in your marriage then innocence is out the window.

On the other hand, people do some dumb crap in an act of passion. This could be very volatile for some folks and I hope they make it out alive.

Emotional hurt is okay in my book as I feel they deserve it, folks just need to keep a cool head and keep the physical retaliation out of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I agree what is the obsession over this? I'm sure Facebook has way more dirt than Ashley Madison...just wait til that is leaked someday....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

seems to me these hackers are doing these innocent people a favor by telling them the truth.

it's like saying to the cop. don't arrest the guy for dui think of how it will effect his children. uh. he shoulda thought about that before he did what he did.

the only ones responsible for hurting the innocent are the offending parties working for Ashley madison and and the jerks who are members.

awww, being a completely fraudulent person of zero morals what could be the harm in deceiving everybody, acting like a sociopath, and being morally bankrupt. that won't hurt society at all. naaaaw. their victims in this whole thing.

no they are the source of the problem. glad someone reprinanded them in the best way. by exposing them to the public for judgement and being put back in their place. you cant let society run off tge rails with bs like ashley madison.

if you're not man enough to handle your marriage or keep to your word. guess what? youre not a man just some psychotic rich douchebag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join