It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representatives of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We come into this life without any memories.

We start off each incarnation with an utterly blank slate.

But we existed long before this life began, and unto this reality we arrived from another place. Call it the other world, call it the afterlife, call it a different dimension or call it heaven--from there you departed and unto there you'll return.

There you have a home and a job and a spiritual family. There you have friends and acquaintances and possibly a husband or wife.

Yet nothing can you recall of them whilst fused unto a body. Naught of those things can you remember whilst inhabiting a form.

Thus you go through life in a state of ignorant bliss. You act according to what you discover and experience in this life.

You use the ethics and morals of this reality as a benchmark--so you become a representative of corporeal life.

Going about your affairs you accept the standards of right and wrong given you by society, by governments, by your friends and biological parents. You act like others act, you do what others do--

And all this you accept as de facto moral because you know no better. You hold yourself to that baseline societal standard because you never remember demanding from yourself anything more.

But what would happen if one day you awoke with your memories of that other world intact?

What would happen if one day you remembered something about yourself quite special?

What if you learned you were an angel who elected incarnate in flesh?

What if you recalled you came here as a representative of God?

And what if about that fact you had zero doubt?

Almost certainly your behavior would change for the better. Almost invariably you'd start holding yourself to the highest possible standard of ethics and morality.

No longer would you tolerate even the slightest imperfection in yourself or your behaviors--because you'd know after this life ends you'd be going back home to Him.

There you'd face no courtroom sentencing; there you'd encounter no divine wrath.

It'd be how you feel about yourself that matters.

It's be your own judgement upon your actions that counts.

Think about that scenario. Really try to visualize the attendant outcomes.

What if you woke up tomorrow and discovered you came here as a representative of God?

How would you feel about your life and your actions? Would you be able to go home right now and look Him in the eye?

And perhaps even more importantly--would you be able to face yourself?

Would you feel happy about how you've spent your time here on earth? Or would you immediately need start making some very serious changes in how you behave?

This isn't a guilt trip and this isn't an exercise in shame.

This is a test of perspective.

Your perception of your position matters. Your attitude towards your title and your awareness of your place in the grand scheme of things determines how seriously you take your duties--and how stringent you act in that role.

If you know you're a fast-food manager, you eventually start acting like a fast-food manager. You hold yourself unto those elementary standards.

If you know you're a professional like a doctor or lawyer, you eventually start embodying heightened standards of conduct alongside that more prestigious job.

Thus if you're a fast-food manager and you mess up an order, you feel a little bad but get over it quickly.

If you're a doctor or a lawyer messing up a surgery or a case, you feel that failing quite a bit stronger.

Well, what happens if you're a representative of God?

And what happens if you get back to the spirit world and suddenly recall you came here on a mission of importance yet wasted your life sitting around on a couch or watching other people throw a ball on television?

How bad do you think you'd feel about that?

The point is: You don't know why you came here. You can't remember why you were born.

So hedge your bets safe. Act prudent and responsible with your existence.

Since you can't remember the other world and you aren't certain why you're here--always play it safe and assume you incarnated for a higher calling. Take the full mantle of responsibility upon yourself and avoid any regrets down the line.

Always live the best, cleanest, most ethically impressive life possible. Always get out into the world and do as much good as possible each day.

Go into reality and live an existence that'll inspire the masses.

Venture into the world each day whilst holding yourself unto the highest standards.

And know this for fact: Angels incarnate among the people and live lives designed to accomplish works of significant good.

Representatives of God are walking among us today.

So live your life like you number amongst them.

Because for all you know, one of them might be you.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

So you gonna scream allahu akbar and then boom?

All you learn is how to survive, but im impressed how you God has a plan from that we are a curious primate who is programmed for pattern recognition.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The idea we are blank slates at birth has been fundamentally refuted. Unfortunately anything that builds off the premise of a blank slate deteriorates and crumbles at its base. Unable to grow beyond baseness, and lifeless before it even begins.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great thread. Deep.
Not religious or anything but I totaly get it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The idea we are blank slates at birth has been fundamentally refuted. Unfortunately anything that builds off the premise of a blank slate deteriorates and crumbles at its base. Unable to grow beyond baseness, and lifeless before it even begins.

I agree with you completely. I think the spirit does carry salient characteristics that bleed over into the fundamental persona of the infant.

But I mean we're blank slates of worldly experience. And blank slates that don't remember from where we arose.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

Great thread. Deep.
Not religious or anything but I totaly get it.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm not overtly religious either.

But I do consider myself spiritual. And this is the kind of stuff I think about when I get bored (read: often).

(And if I came here as a representative of God, I've got some fundamental flaws that need fixing. That's priority one
)
edit on 20-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Infact archetypes the primordial forms from which all thought, action, and human plots derive from are present upon birth.
edit on 20-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

There's billions of 'souls' on earth now and more on the way. Were they all, always existent?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Very interesting ideas....

It seems to mirror the beliefs of many of those whose beliefs were changed after experiencing an NDE.

For example:

Daniel Rosenblit as an atheist, Daniel made fun of those who believed in an afterlife. Then in 1978, after weeks of failing health, Daniel succumbed and had an NDE. It changed his life forever. For over ten years, he has been carrying on a ministry as a street preacher. He wrote a book about his experience entitled Transformed by the Light.

Daniel finds himself before the light of God. He is overcome with grief and regret because of his life of self-indulgence, atheism and persecution of religious people. The light of God crushes all his egocentric illusions. He is shown his entire life in review including every thought, word and deed. He sees he lived his whole life mostly for himself. He is in sheer agony. God pours an incredible amount of love into him that greatly comforts him. He is forgiven and in a state of ecstasy. He feels as though God has given him a second chance as he returns to physical life.

ondoc.logand.com...

edit on 20-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Infact archetypes the primordial forms from which all thought, action, and human plots derive from are present upon birth.

Fibonacci spiral; of course we are imprinted with a DNA coding at birth. We just have to remember who we WERE and what this incarnation is supposed to achieve as the next progression of ones soul.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

There's billions of 'souls' on earth now and more on the way. Were they all, always existent?

No. Some came as "one time only" beings (not star seeds) to experience being human. For many this experience would be starvation or Aids or a Sids death (the contract said one will not live out a full human lifetime) but one will be able to say to ones constituents you were a human for a month or a few years ON EARTH. It is extremely hard to get a ride now on this planet. You either have some heavy duty Karma correction (this gives you first dibs on your soul group providing you with a physical vehicle) or volunteer to experience this place as a moment *nano seconds* in time. It used to be you could incarnate every 150 years within the same soul group (family). You might reincarnate as your great great grand father. This has all changed; one can come back in as a recent niece or nephew birthed by your sibling. There is an urgency or desperation now that never was before, and the reason for this is this system is ready to cease in being (the experiment is nearly over). These concepts regarding our planet, our being are hard ones when truth comes into play.
edit on 20-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The spiritual place you speak of is here already. We don't have to die to reach it. Meditate, that's where heaven is.

The "altar" or Spirit is located inside the "temple" or Body. On top of the altar is the "gift" or Mind. We can go back to our spiritual home anytime we like within this incarnation, all we have to do is meditate, when someone meditates (prays) they are entering heaven. To meditate is to enter into the temple and step up to the altar and receive the gift on the altar.

I don't think there is an "in-between" place between lives, there is only death and then immediate rebirth (at least from the perspective of the observer, it could be thousands or even millions of years from the point of view of those outside). I believe this moment is where everything lies.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

No one understands what that is or what it means. Even scripture, although confirming, gives no details about the condition "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you" Jeremiah 1:5. This fact is made clear on several occasions but no other information is given. But then again its all right there, all we need to know about it. Christ said that the hairs of a persons head are numbered and not a single sparrow dies that He doesn't know about it. Mind boggling. Just think.....that one fact......if all of humanity could incorporate it into daily living we would treat each other way better. The whole world would be transformed if we saw others as so important that their head hairs are numbered.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well I'm impressed. That has to be one of the most insightful originals
I've read here in a while.

BRAVO!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
And what happens if you get back to the spirit world and suddenly recall you came here on a mission of importance yet wasted your life sitting around on a couch or watching other people throw a ball on television?

How bad do you think you'd feel about that?

I'd drop a note in the suggestion box pointing out how stupid it is to have memories wiped upon incarnation.

Wouldn't feel bad at all if it's SOP.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Pascal's Wager always seemed the wiser bet to me too Trachel. Again, a fine thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The idea we are blank slates at birth has been fundamentally refuted.

By whom?

Unfortunately anything that builds off the premise of a blank slate deteriorates and crumbles at its base.
What is it that is building a premise?

Unable to grow beyond baseness, and lifeless before it even begins.

Does emptiness (blankness) ever need to grow?

The blank slate (Tabula rasa) is not only there at birth - it is the one constant.
If you take away what you are seeing and take away what can be heard right now and take away the thoughts that appear and all sensations - what are you left with?
Everything that is appearing (thoughts, sensations, light, sound, body, room, computer, text, reading) is just happening and there is something that is aware of it - it does not appear but is the space (emptiness, blank slate) that allows all to appear.

If it is recognized that emptiness is what you truly are then that emptiness will be filled completely, instantly. But if emptiness is run from and feared and denied then that emptiness will never be filled with anything other than ideas about finding things to fill it - any 'thing' to make it more - make it grow.
What you truly are does not need anything because it is already everything.
The idea that there is more is appearing out of that blankness and is being seen by the blankness and if that idea is believed to be true there will be a search for some 'thing' which isn't and the game continues.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- I've read 2 of Your threads and in those 2 threads You've mentioned the possibility of Life/"death"/Life/"death".. You still haven't mentioned how to 'tap into' that Energy (The Akasha) Perhaps if the doubters/skeptics had just a quick taste of what it is You type, they would "immediately" change their behaviors.

I highlighted "immediately" because it deals with the issue of "time". Oh, wasn't "time" a major part of Your thread "Hedge Your bets" aka "Pad Your stats"? I mention this because 'many' have a fear that they won't have enough 'time' to accomplish tasks, so they get further and further from the Divine Connectivity and then they begin to 'spin' Too much spin and there is nothing to hold on to, so the population grows and grows the more folks lose their link.

I'd opine there is a 'key' somewhere along the lines. A roadmap to 'back from whence You came' back to Hunab Ku.

My Weimaraner puppy "instinctively" chased the ball. I did NOT teach Him this. I just threw the ball. At the dog park, there are squirrels to be chased. Evven #7 (dog) will sometimes 'point' at the squirrels and wait for Me to do something. I did NOT teach Him this. My hermaphroditic AffensPinscher was bred to keep clean the stables, there are no stables so MagWai protects Evven and Molly (handicapped female Weimaraner) The point is: These are in their genes, all the previous generations did these tasks and that information flows through each of them BUT, the dogs don't have a cell phone, they don't watch too much t.v., they don't give 2 squirts on how they look/act/etc. they are PRESENT to be able to 'tap in'. Perhaps those that can't feel the connection have to get more 'quiet'?

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: and bad grammar 2nd strike

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Short answer, no.

The number of existent spirits in these realms has increased over time.

This is a fun amazing productive "ride" we're all on. Tons of new spirits are always looking towards getting in on the show.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Well I'm impressed. That has to be one of the most insightful originals
I've read here in a while.

BRAVO!

Thanks, friend!

I credit copious amounts of boredom and caffeine.

And I also credit the absurd number of equally incredible threads posted here all the time.

Everyone who puts their energy into the act of creation is inspiring. We're all sitting together dreaming our dreams on this magic little thing called the internetz.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join