It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartels Have Settled 80 Miles Inside the U.S. Border on Public Lands

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

They got bored and went home, typical American "hypers." Get all bent out of shape, jump up and down for attention then move on to the next thing.

The US seems to make this great big front about the cartel in Mexico but here they are on US land, and there is no response.

Aint that the truth..

# they will illegally drone strike Terrorists in middle eastern countries, but they claim there is a legitimate threat and do nothing.

Don't tell me about it, just go #ing kill them.

We have that pesky North American trade agreement thingy..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This is my shocked face because the US government doesn't give a damn about borders.

/sarc

Yep it is a problem but at we focus on our border regions every gun free city (and others) in America has cartel distribution networks and foot soldiers. Regardless how it is happening what we as a nation have been doing IS NOT WORKING !

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not sure what your point is really - I'm sure they also "own" and "control" property in pretty much every major city.

What is so different about them illegally using federal land and Bundy??

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Not sure what your point is really - I'm sure they also "own" and "control" property in pretty much every major city.

What is so different about them illegally using federal land and Bundy??

Bundy hasn't been killing people or engaging in Human smuggling just to name two things.

Not even close.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Youre right, there too much money to be made by keeping it illegal, i was just day dreaming

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fair enough......but then he was still controlling federal land illegally which I thought was the point?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Stay on topic please.

This has zero to do with Bundy.

Focus on the Mexican cartels and their criminal activities, and why the U.S. Government is lax.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The solution to this problem is so simple, so practical, and makes sooooo much sense that it will never be implemented. It's called using our own damned military to take care of the situation. I guarantee you, the drug cartels are going to be a lot more hesitant to fire on or tangle with U.S. military than they are U.S. civilian law enforcement. Plus, the military has far better resources, experience, and manpower in these sorts of things. Gonna be a lot harder to fly planes and helicopters full of drugs or whatever into the U.S. when you risk getting shot down.

If the U.S. border is becoming a war zone, perhaps we need to start treating the cartels as enemy combatants instead of lawbreakers.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Criminal enterprise?

Nah...thats just the next phase of Mayan Jaguar/Mayan Express. That is how they make their extra scratch in the 3 letter agencies: they move guns and drugs.

The cartels...it was a controlled chaos the fed off the War on Drugs farce. We helped create the Sinaloa cartel from a few former Mexican military. Within 10 years they were putting piles of heads on display in their war with Los Zetas. Then we, for some reason, pulled the rug out from under them and arrsted Chapo.

Its all us. Fast and Furious was actually a program meant to arm Sinaloa. it just went south. Mayan Express is the smoking gun for the drug trafficking (CIA, mostly). The whole hemisphere is a hot mess because the US has wanted it to be.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We are all worked up over Russia invading Crimea thousands of miles away, sanctions against Russia, sending our troops to train Ukrainians, and so many red lines that vanishing into thin air.

Then, we have our land occupied by cartels, we should at least declare sanctions on cartels, and draw few more redlines, that will teach them.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Obviously the government wants the cartels here. Are you kidding me, they have satellites that can read a penny from space. They found bin Ladin, the most wanted man in the world, on the other side of the world, let alone our own home turf. They drone strike terrorists in Syria and Afghanistan from a tv screen here in the states.

If they cared about the cartels invading us and setting up bases, the military could take them all out in a day or two.
edit on 20-8-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So you are willing to turn the southern border states into an open war zone? You know that the cartel members don't wear uniforms, and many of those working for the cartels are US citizens. Do you realize the US military's civilian casualty rate in open conflict? Yeah, the US military conducting live fire operations on US soil can't have ANY negative consequences... Not like any innocent US civilians would ever get killed by the open conflict...

Just declare martial law in the southern border states - random military checkpoints with searches on the roads, random house to house searches for cartel members/supporters, a bounty for turning in anyone you suspect of working with the cartels - those tactics worked such wonders in Iraq and Afghanistan, why not import them here?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

80 miles would make that right in between Tucson and Phoenix.

Tucson is 60 miles from the border.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So you are willing to turn the southern border states into an open war zone? You know that the cartel members don't wear uniforms, and many of those working for the cartels are US citizens. Do you realize the US military's civilian casualty rate in open conflict? Yeah, the US military conducting live fire operations on US soil can't have ANY negative consequences... Not like any innocent US civilians would ever get killed by the open conflict...

Just declare martial law in the southern border states - random military checkpoints with searches on the roads, random house to house searches for cartel members/supporters, a bounty for turning in anyone you suspect of working with the cartels - those tactics worked such wonders in Iraq and Afghanistan, why not import them here?

The southern border already is a war zone.

It is not necessary to declare martial law to patrol a border. Hell, for close to 50 years, our military managed to patrol the borders of Germany during the cold war without a state of martial law. We do the same in Korea. The military's focus is on keeping things out from the border, not what goes on past that point. Beyond the border, it becomes law enforcement's problem.

No, the drug cartels don't wear uniforms. Neither did Al Qaeda. But that aside, it is not just the drug cartel muscle involved. The Mexican military has been caught several times firing at U.S. border personnel. And they do wear uniforms. In Mexico, due to rampant corruption and drug cartel terror tactics, even the Mexican military can be bought to do the cartel's work for them.

It is, by definition, a war zone, and you don't send cops in to handle a war zone. You send troops.

Of course, it would also help if we ended the drug war insanity all together, and maybe if the CIA and it's cohorts would stop sending money and weapons to drug cartels. And maybe stop smuggling drugs into the country themselves. But I'm trying to be realistic here.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I would really like to know where that 80 miles stretches because....I live within 70 miles of the border in AZ. I have looked as much as I could with Breitbart (source that had original story) and they don't mention where specifically.

I did learn that illegals look for 4wd trucks to steal and drive over the border. I'll be looking into anti-theft tools to make sure my baby stays safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
New above-ground nuclear testing in the desert should wrap this problem right up.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Quite right, drugs are big business for many, including the various enforcement agencies whose very existence depends upon the status quo.

If this story is true, it is more testimony to the abject failure of our drug prohibition. Before the drug prohibition, there was no such thing as a "drug cartel".

Yes, the CIA has been in the dope business ever since. We knew it in Vietnam. It was demonstrated again during the Iran-Contra affair.

The government loves the status quo.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Stay on topic please.

This has zero to do with Bundy.

Focus on the Mexican cartels and their criminal activities, and why the U.S. Government is lax.

The Mexican cartels? hahahaha PLEASE STOP! Do you people live in REALITY? Do you have ANY idea of how this game is being played, by those that you call "elite"? Any clue, what-so-ever????

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
setting up camps on public lands up to 80 miles from the border... the illegal drug factories are relying on support from trusted members or just associates who live in the metro areas to supply the cartel encampments with resources or supplies...

they don't need guns the Fast & Furious scheme (supposedly) run by ************* have already made the cartel's 'security' the first thing done...

the BLM (bureau of land management) still exists doesn't it ?
They would share responsibility of Public/(Federal) Lands encroachments along with the National Parks Police if the adverse use was in a National Park...

the current Administration is delinquent in Its' duties, again...

I don't think the social fabric of a USA will even exist for the next, scheduled inauguration of a patriotic leadership
the Saboteurs and Anarchists are an invisible Army in-our-midst
edit on st31144016833921452015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on st31144016850521482015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I thought this thread was about the CIA...

I was wrong, it's about buddies from the CIA! My mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join