It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia Independence Movement - State of Mind or Future Nation State? What does ATS think?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would love to shed the nuts on the left coast and the ones on the East Coast. Those of us in the middle are tired of you trying to impose your lifestyles on us.

And when I say that, it is with the realization that if we had kept to the COTUS as it was supposed to be, no one had to be imposing their anything on anyone, but because we allowed the Feds to take over, this is how it is.

Breaking the country apart may be the only way to stop having a system that ends up stepping on each other's toes. Because in all honesty, how you live out there is completely different than how we out here and it should be. They are completely different regions with different climates and different demands.

Those of us who lean left feel the same way about the right wing, I would love to live in a place that favors workers and the environment, which the right loathes.And I am confused, if the right hates illegal immigrants so much, why is it so many CONSERVATIVE right wing business owners hire them and fire all their American workers? If we take them who will work in your sweatshops? So its a win win for everyone, eh?
edit on 23-8-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

They already do with allowing migrant farm workers working the orchards and the fields during season. It's a symbiotic relationship.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just a quick Cascadia themed post.

I just saw this morning that people are selling Cascadia themed shirts to raise money for fire relief. In case you didn't know there have been devastating wildfires out here in Washington, Oregon and British Columbia (Cascadia). A federal state of emergency has been declared. People are talking about the shirts on Twitter which is how I found out about it.
edit on 24-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I heard about the state of emergency. I hope that you're nowhere close to the fires. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I heard about the state of emergency. I hope that you're nowhere close to the fires. Stay safe.

I'm ok and safe. There is a fire at Cougar Creek which isn't far from where some of my family live. (30 miles away) It's about 20% contained. They are safe.

As of this morning:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm glad that you and your family are safe.
I didn't realize how wide spread the fire was. It's one thing reading it but something else entirely seeing it on a map.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I'm glad that you and your family are safe.
I didn't realize how wide spread the fire was. It's one thing reading it but something else entirely seeing it on a map.

Yes. It's messed with air quality as a result too:

www.airnow.gov...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Missed your thread initially, was on the road then, with that of course came observing some of what's going on in the region. I found this link in a more current topic. Thanks for the info and saving for later reference.

I hope this rain makes an impact on putting out the fires despite it's power outages to other damage. Earlier this morning I couldn't breathe well because of the smoke drifting inside. More so all the people affected. Happy to hear you're safe. Wonder if other members in the area are doing okay, not so sure many of them have posted as of late.

Read through thread, wanted to say Eastern Wash., N,Idaho has a lot of Libertarian leaning people and Independents that do support the idea. Then of course it's the clash in some differences, all the while supporting marijuana for example: It's finding a way to get past the staunch Conservatives issues that could divide the region further(minus even Cascadia) meanwhile making sure the overly Progressive ideals(such as gun control) doesn't come to define the whole area, as it is part of the culture especially outside of the Seattle-Tacoma area.

There's been talk of seceding from Western Wash. one of recent called House Bill 1818:
"Tri-City legislators want Eastern Washington to secede from the state"
Source

Haler has grown frustrated with overspending and lack of reform by state agencies such as the Department of Transportation and Department of Social and Health Services, he said. He hopes that the bill will make the state look more seriously at issues important to Eastern Washington.

“We are trying to say let’s have a dialogue about it,” Haler said. “This is one way to get their attention and say, ‘We want to talk.’ ”

This bill is more of a way to get attention that the Eastern side does need help with certain issues which are often ignored. One issue was that revenue such as taxes, auto ticket payments, etc., barely-a small percentage-, benefit the Eastern side of the state.

Wonder if Cascadia instead of even more divisions(including all Eatsern WA and OR split) such as discussed in the source link, maybe helpful.
edit on 30-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
That's cool I suppose, people need hobbies I suppose this cascadia thing is as good as any.

But this place while cool, has far to go before it is even half of what it entails.

Seattle alone, well schuyler said it, there are a whole lot of Seattleites who cant even smell the piss in the street corners every time they go out for there morning coffee ritual because there walking on the clouds, even the term Seattleite is kind of meh! OK dude what next call ourselfs by county and town we habbit to inhabit at the moment. Besides I do believe were due for a bit of shaking up around here to jog peoples delusions and illusions, then we shall see...After.

But hey! Its nice to see people have some dreams and are focused on things and the whole making communities better thing, its very cool stuff. However that flag! Yes that flag has to go, whoever created it needs to hire another 5yr old to make a new and better one. Is that a pine tree in the middle? Or did somebody just throw up on it?

Or did the kid who come up with it make such a crappy job drawing that pine tree on purpose, because they did not pay him in the Cheetos he was promised. Most likely me thinks.

I am quite sure that using our vast and superior cascadian intellects and creative imagination which is vast and much more superior in its vastness to the other various areas on the map and there pathetic demographics. Well we as collective can come up with something much better and much cooler looking.

How about a field of pine trees, to the backdrop of the sea? Or pretty much anything else would be better, I mean even the Canadians go that whole leaf on there flag, which while not very imaginative is still better then this Cascadian flag, you would not want to be outflaged by a bunch of canucks now would we....Just saying.

Oh and cool thread seems you have a lot of data on this subject on here.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Is that girl on the bike in the op naked?.
I want to join and ba a cascadian
Another thirty years where I live and I may be considered a yorkshireman..can't have that

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I lived in Eugene for a while. Good flying when it wasn't raining or the Willamette (dammit) inversion wasn't too heavy.

Interesting combination of redneck/liberal. The locals tended to the former, students to the latter. Robert Cray Band at the Eugene Hotel was awesome though!

I was all set to settle in...until the next winter loomed. Not even a decent storm. Low overcast and drizzle at 40º. For weeks. Ick. Let 'em have it.

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
That's one problem about this place, especially the Seattle area and surrounding areas. Cant get a decent storm up here, and winter consists of a drizzle and slush which is just annoying, you got to go up to the mountains to get any snow. For the most part, this years seems to have been more hot then previous years, but now the rain has started, and I suspect it will go on for a while.

I remember some 16 or so years ago, it rained constantly here, I am talking about it seemed like the whole 40 days and 40 nights of rain going on. One of the most depressing years ever, it just makes you want to sleep all day, but you cant even do that as you got work and all kinds of other things to do. But Cascades is a pretty big area, it all just depends on were you go, by the mountains you would have plenty of snow and a winter more west into the scab lands and more sun and dry weather then needed.

That flag though, they need to make a new one. I did not even know what that thing in the middle was when I first saw it, and if you look at it from far away it just looks like its got a stain on it straight down the middle.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thought I'd bump this thread, its a good one! I'm Australian but a lot of Aussies reckon they can relate more to people in the Northwest than other parts of the US. I made my way to Northern California in 2012, up to Humboldt county. The produce was good; Aussies have the best sativa though ;-) Was almost going to cross over into Oregon but ran out of time. I enjoyed the culture of the area overall. What does ATS think these days. Definitely seems to be its own unique part of the world up there.
edit on 24-5-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

That will soon not be the case if current trends continue.

Speaking as a former "Cascadian". I was priced out of the housing market there as ex-Californians are moving north in droves. First on the coast, then east over the Cascades--and prices are skyrocketing, as a result. That may not be the only reason, but it definitely a large part of it.

Since moving to Alabama, I've noticed that the entire spectrum of living costs are less, all over the country, once you get across the Rockies, and stay out of major metro areas.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's the same in Australia. The most beautiful and peaceful places become unaffordable to live in as wealthy "Tree or Sea changers" move from the bustle of the major cities for a change in lifestyle. The proliferation of professionals working from home online has played a part I think.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join