It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia Independence Movement - State of Mind or Future Nation State? What does ATS think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Not everybody is democratic/liberal/progressive here. Some of us see all sides.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: JadeStar

Proud fellow citizen here.

It always warms my heart when I see one of our flags on the road or in a window.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

Not everybody is democratic/liberal/progressive here. Some of us see all sides.

Exactly. For instance the Eastern Washington areas tend to be more libertarian than liberal but the common ideological bond is that Washington, DC and the East Coast establishment tend to view us all as "southern Alaska" if thought about at all.
edit on 20-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So you are going to kick out millions of illegals right when you secede? Yeah, that will go over well.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

So you are going to kick out millions of illegals right when you secede? Yeah, that will go over well.

Why would you think that? Just because nobody took your bait doesn't mean we believe the opposite.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Since you guys are so left leaning and awesome, I assume your borders are open, and will be taking all the illegals currently in the US?

Wouldn't be fair to leave them with the rest of the US...them being awful ignorant racists and all.

Why not deal with the problem instead of dumping it on others?

Go to your local city councel and find out how you can help witht he illegal problem in your area.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Really? Can you read? Evil bat just said

I can't speak for all of us here, but I would hope those who are Illegal would be deported and hopefully that came back legally.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

There aren't any in my area. I'm not even a republican...I am just trying add some logic and reasoning to this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
@JadeStar
I noticed the Football Jersey in the second post I did not know about the Cascadian Football team

Would be nice if we got Cascadian Rugby team too

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: calstorm

some of Jefferson is in Cascadia ( see my location ) North Cali does not want to be part of Cascadia they want to be North California from different views I have read and watched ( meetings ).

I honestly say that we should take them along for the ride with us.

Secession whether they want it or not? I'm sure that'll work great.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Fellow PNWer here, and though I would like to consider myself informed, I have been in the dark as to the Cascadia movement. The first time I heard this term was in a PA novel, and never delved further. I reside 25 miles NW of Seattle in the small town of Mukilteo. One thing I love about our region is the multitude of Native names for towns, rivers, etc.

Big props for the content, details, and pics/graphics you provided. Thanks for opening my eyes to big doings where I live. Bosco gives you a big "ruff" with tail wags!

Thanks.

There's also a linguistic tie-in there with Native historical roots: Chinook jargon. So Native language has had an impact on the dialect of English we speak here...

Most people don't recognize it, but there are, for instance, more than a few linguists who believe there is a distinct Cascadian dialect.

All Cascadians tend to avoid American twang, prefer bucket over pail, pronounce caught and cot the same way and know the meaning of the Chinook word saltchuck.

Thinking of oneself as a resident of the broader region of Cascadia creates a wider horizon of meaning, Brewster said. "It promotes an imaginative oasis."

It can create a sense of distinctiveness, not unlike the well-known cultural identities associated with New England, Quebec, Texas or the Maritimes.

SEE: Cascadians: Shared Cultural Traits, Values - 'The Nation of Cascadia' 'Big Local' -- 'The Great Nearby' - Canada.com
edit on 20-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Really? Can you read? Evil bat just said

I can't speak for all of us here, but I would hope those who are Illegal would be deported and hopefully that came back legally.

You weren't responding to Evilbat, that's why I was confused.

Personally, I would just like to see them be given an opportunity for citizenship. I don't see an issue with the amount of immigrants we currently have.

Or better yet... wouldn't they just be considered citizens since they were here when the nation formed?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Are you familiar with the 'State of Jefferson'. Very similar
How about 'Ecotopia" a novel by Ernest Callenbagh written way back in the oh, late 70s or 80s. It revolved around an independent state from Shasta all the way north.

I'm all for it Jade. Living in rural Oregon and hoping.

link   
A very comprehensive and informative post. Thank you. It reminds me of the novel "Ecotopia" of several years back, which has more or less the same theme: The Great Northwest against the big, bad guvmit. However, I think this is a a wet dream of typical Seattle libs who never leave the city limits and do not recognize that there is another side to the Northwest, a much more conservative and less affluent one, one that furnishes the food for the Seattleites to grown fat upon, and one that although it distrusts the other Washington as much as anyone, distrusts the Seattle metrosexuals even more.

As a lifelong resident of these environs I would steadfastly oppose such a notion and would be very willing to take up arms on behalf of my government, the one with 50 states, against this absurd idea. No way. No how. Ain't gonna happen. These utopias never go well.

link   

Since you guys are so left leaning and awesome, I assume your borders are open, and will be taking all the illegals currently in the US?

Wouldn't be fair to leave them with the rest of the US...them being awful ignorant racists and all.

Why not deal with the problem instead of dumping it on others?

Go to your local city councel and find out how you can help witht he illegal problem in your area.

Dude, this is basic stuff. I am trying to help you understand here.

You were the one who wanted to deport them not me lol...projecting onto someone else that never stated an opinion on the subject is infantile.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Huh? Where did anyone say that? And who are these "illegals" you speak of?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Seceding from the Union isn't allowed. Remember the last time they tried that?

Recently they even did away with the historical flag that symbolized the rebellion in the South.

You may try to form a more perfect Union and I may agree with you, according to the US government theirs is the only perfect Union. Their United States.

Its not yours, its theirs.

Most in Cascadia don't think in terms of a Texas-like secession but more or less a mutual parting of company perhaps through greater autonomy or as a result of the inevitable quake.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well spank my elbows and call me Shirley!

I live in Cascadia.

lolz

Never knew it!

Thank you for such an interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Do you even read your own threads responses? Evilbat just said that, and you responded to me agreeing to his comment.

There aren't illegals in CA?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

a reply to: EvilBat

There aren't any in my area. I'm not even a republican...I am just trying add some logic and reasoning to this thread.

whats republican have to do with it? sounds like your reaching for an argument not logic and reasoning when you are only asking about Illegals.

hopefully this answer would be better then my last:

If this were to happen ( which it wouldn't ) I think all Illegals in that are in the location of Cascadia would be legal Cascadians on the date of the day of the year the country was made. Since Cascadia would be part of two other countries merged into one. All citizens that are legal of the the other countries would have dual citizen ship of birth country and The Republic of Cascadia. Some what like our founding fathers had did back in the days of Americas birth.
The illegals during conversion would become citizens.

Any Illegals entering to live / work in Cascadia after would hopefully get deported and hopefully they would try to enter legally.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join