It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the pugnacious politicos: New policies for the Political Mud Pit forum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
New Rules For The Mud Pit

The Political Mud Pit Forum was created to provide an arena for the rancor that has become political debate. Check that: no, it was our solution to compartmentalize the inevitable reflexive animosity of ideological politics into one area of ATS.

In an effort to keep such topics in the proper compartment, away from the kind folk who'd rather not see the sullied madness, our staff have been moving new threads that contain mud-slinging, into the Mud Pit. This will stop.

From now on, if you create a new thread that contains taunting attacks at one or more political ideologies, or any other political mud-slinging, it will simply be removed. It's your responsibility to create such a thread in the proper forum.

Thank you. Carry on.
edit on 10-21-2019 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NVM dumb question

edit on 20-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Anything you say Dr. Szell.

I drop by that mud pit on occasion just to remind myself how above it all I am. Politics is just another way to keep the masses at each others throats. Perhaps banning political debate would make this corner of the world a little nicer.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The only time I was ever in the mud-pit was when you all stuck us there during the Regent contest. I never knew that people actually used that forum!

hahaha.. I read the rules, that just plain sounds like craziness!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
About time if I'm honest.

I'd wager 1 in 4 posts here (ATS not just the Mudpit) are political trolling, baiting & in intention just downright insulting.

Clean up your acts.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Anything you say Dr. Szell.

I drop by that mud pit on occasion just to remind myself how above it all I am. Politics is just another way to keep the masses at each others throats. Perhaps banning political debate would make this corner of the world a little nicer.

I've been tricked into going there once or twice by a front page post that sounded interesting, only to realize it was nothing but partisan attacks back and forth. If anything, the requirements to be placed there are much too stringent already. I must say I'm a happier person when I forget that forum exists.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What is an acceptable term to use in place of 'anchor babies'?
Just in case I might want to start a thread about that in the mud pit?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What is an acceptable term to use in place of 'anchor babies'?
Just in case I might want to start a thread about that in the mud pit?

Might want to re-read the OP. This is about creating new threads in the wrong forum, not about deleting individual posts.

From now on, if you create a new thread that contains taunting attacks at one or more political ideologies, or any other political mud-slinging, it will simply be removed. It's your responsibility to create such a thread in the proper forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What "enlightenedservant" said...

This isn't about terms or specific issues, it's about where a thread gets posted. We will no longer tolerate threads that are nothing but poly-mud being posted anywhere but the MudPit, there won't be anymore saves by virtue of a staffer moving it after the fact, if it's mud and it's not started in the MudPit it's going to be trashed.

The point here is to bring ATS back up to the level of decorum and intelligent discourse that attracted us all to it and caused us to stay and participate all those years ago...

Anyone who seeks to deny ignorance and have a civil discussion about political topics that may be poo-pooed off everywhere else or, worse yet, buried in childish and foul discourse will appreciate this and help us achieve it by hitting the ALERT button on ant threads that cross the threshold S.O. described in his OP of this thread.

Thanks.

edit on 8-20-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Thanks

Oh, you are quite welcome.
I did read the thread and understood what it said.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is a post, by Skeptic Overlord, which describes the Political Mud Pit forum and gives the particular rules located here:

About the Political Mud Pit

In particular:

3) Everything but vulgarities and threats are "tolerated."

We've come to accept that many feel the "political stakes" are so high, that intense debate is necessary, and very often name-calling, baiting, and activity we've previously classified as "Political Trolling" are simply part of the process. Have at. But don't come running to us if someone throws mud harder than you, or hides rocks in their pile of mud.

And to avoid further confusion; restricted topics such as personal drug use, hacking, etc. are still not allowed in the Mud-Pit. Politics only please.

Has this also changed? For example, is there now an additional requirement within "the Mudpit" to observe the usual ATS requirement of "playing the ball" and to refrain from "personal attacks"? That seems in direct conflict with number 3 above and to defeat the intention of the forum.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A staff member has kindly answered my question about "The Mud Pit" ... it was my misunderstanding, and if I could remove the above post I would.

Personally, I appreciate all the hard work all the Mods do to keep ATS content at a great level.

new topics

top topics

join