It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Attractor - ensemble piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hello! I would like to share with you an ensemble piece I composed inspired by the magnificence of the universe and especially The Great Attractor. I thought of the gravitational pull of the great attractor as a sort of "universal dance" where we all take part in and are drawn to uncharted territories in an endless voyage of discovery and self-realisation. Also inspired by the Urantia book whose cosmology supports the existence of celestial structures of immense dimensions who act as gravitational centers.

Anyway, here it is:

soundcloud.com...

For those who know a bit about orchestration the piece features the extremely rare Heckelphone.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Alexander1111

Cool...dark...

I know nothing about orchestration, have only written a couple piano solos many many moons ago...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alexander1111
Hello! I would like to share with you an ensemble piece I composed inspired by the magnificence of the universe and especially The Great Attractor. I thought of the gravitational pull of the great attractor as a sort of "universal dance" where we all take part in and are drawn to uncharted territories in an endless voyage of discovery and self-realisation. Also inspired by the Urantia book whose cosmology supports the existence of celestial structures of immense dimensions who act as gravitational centers.

Anyway, here it is:

soundcloud.com...

For those who know a bit about orchestration the piece features the extremely rare Heckelphone.

Interesting.

I love the textures of woodwind reed instruments. There is a grandeur and melancholy to the sound.

I also noted that my breathing and heart rate synchronized with the piece, quite early on, and that there was a slight accelerando towards the end.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Oh, you did recognise some of the instruments I used (two bassoons and two contra-bassoons which are of course woodwind reed instruments).

There is no accelerando at the end. What you perceive as accelerando is probably the bassoons' and cellos' part which play sixteenth notes as some point. Interesting how your body picked up the pulse of the piece.

Grandeur and melancholy are accurate words. What comes off as melancholic, though, was intended to actually be mystical and nostalgic. A feeling of nostalgia for our unknown roots that only the deepest part of ourselves is aware of.

Thank you!

top topics

join