It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of EPA: Obama’s Clean Power Plan will hit low-income minorities hardest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Looks like the EPA chief Gina McCarthy is admitting the coming regulations that will affect coal are going to be damaging to the poorer people.

Price increases for electric power will be "necessarily skyrocketing" because the regulations will be targeting the coal power plants that are generating the most electricity apparently.

But don't panic so hard.

She also said the increases now will turn into incredible savings by the year 2030 !!

A little self-sacrifice never hurts I guess.

She also eluded that the "increases" will only amount to a gallon of milk a month !!!

Then I guess the poor won't get hurt afterall !!

Hmmm. She seems very jittery and uncomfortable in the video.

What is she actually saying anyway?

Head of EPA: Obama’s Clean Power Plan will hit low-income minorities hardest, but they’ll get ‘incredible savings’ by 2030

Barack Obama admitted in 2008 that energy prices would “necessarily skyrocket” after his war on coal commenced, but what he didn’t share for obvious political reasons was who would feel the pinch the most. EPA chief Gina McCarthy, still reeking of Animas River pollution, had more details the Dems would rather remain swept under the rug until next year’s election is over:

When speaking about the higher energy prices caused by the administration’s climate regulations on power plants, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy said, “We know that low-income minority communities would be hardest hit.”

But low income Americans can rest easy, because just prior to that, McCarthy claimed that because of the new regs the increased energy price “tapers off to incredible savings by 2030″:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not to mention how many jobs in coal mines are lost....But who cares about all that, right??

I swear these people (armchair quarterbacks) sit around and think up ways they can be intelligent....Still waiting for something spewing from their mouths as "intelligent"....

Don't worry all, you will only pay more for 15 years...No biggie...UNTIL the economy is hurt by the loss of jobs then the taxes will just increase to cover all that....I swear most of these people are retarded! Not just the EPA, Obama passed the natural gas power plant crap as well....That's all fine and dandy because we have way too much natural gas stored now, but Mr. Wolf in PA ruined the natural gas boom with taxing the energy companies to the moon and back and now they all pulled out of PA...So what happens when the excess storage runs out because all the companies are pulling out of PA as we speak? No brains, none of them!

Just get on the same page and make it work...They all pass stupid crap and don't work together which in turn ruins what could be a good idea!

If you were in PA you would fully understand the idiocy of these people, I swear they haven't a clue to what is going on around them!
edit on 8/20/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I am poor. My electric bills or gas bills go up or down every month by at least $4. In the summer the electric bill goes up due to air conditioning. In the winter the gas bill goes up due to heat.

I have had free energy efficiency audits, probably 3 or 4 times in 10 years. My furnace was replaced free. Low flow shower heads were installed, free. A meter was left to run on my fridge for 48 hours...it led me to wait for a sale and get an energy efficient fridge at Home Depot for $125.

Even being lower income, I would never notice $4. If this will help the environment, I will pay the $4 a month. The delivery portion of my bill is what is heinous, not the usage. Sometimes I wonder if they send an elderly man to carry the power to me on his back..the delivery charge is often more than the usage.

If one is lower income, it is not difficult to get HEAP, home energy assistance. The income threshold goes up every year and is generous in that regard. You can own a home and a car and receive it. It pays a good chunk of the winter gas. Not so much for electric, but a little.

edit on 20-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How will this hit the poorest people the hardest? Those people living in projects will continue to throw heat and water out the window because it's not strictly regulated...Even in older state buildings there is one setting for heat-off and on-

Just a thought

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

She's jittery because she's lying and she's lying because.......that's what liberal Democrat Government workers do. She knows the cost increases will be a lot more than the cost of a gallon of milk. And she knows the incentives to start the programs early won't help at all by 2030.

The truth of the matter is that they continuously tell this lie that the destruction of coal generated electrical power plants won't necessarily cause prices to skyrocket and that it will take 40 to 50 years for the "renewable" sources to make up even half of the lost capacity.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's good info for poor people.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Even being lower income, I would never notice $4. If this will help the environment, I will pay the $4 a month. The delivery portion of my bill is what is heinous, not the usage.

What would an "unacceptable" amount be?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Then don't worry if you are low income....No worries...

NERA Economic Consulting estimates
that U.S. electricity prices
will increase by an average of 12
percent to 17 percent; the Heritage
Energy Model estimates a
loss of $2.5 trillion in GDP and
more than 1 million lost jobs

Oh only 12-17 percent increases....No worries...

the Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA) evades all accountability to Americans and
leaves state officials to take the political heat for executing
power plant regulations that are all economic
pain and no environmental gain.

Don't worry the EPA holds no accountability....Wait who is making this statement again? Sound fishy?

States will have one year to develop and submit
their own compliance plan or develop regional plans
with other states, though the EPA will likely grant
extension waivers. After that, the EPA will take
approximately one year to approve or reject the plan.
The EPA is currently developing a federal “model”
for states to consider and will impose a federal plan
for states that do not comply.

Wait....The EPA will develop the federal plan for states that don't comply? I thought they held no accountability....?

On the other hand, restricting the production
of carbon-emitting conventional fuels with heavyhanded
regulations, such as the Clean Power Plan,
will significantly harm the U.S. economy. Americans
feel the pain of higher energy prices directly,
but also indirectly through almost all of the goods
and services they buy, because energy is a necessary
component of production and service. Companies
will pass higher costs on to consumers or absorb the
costs, which prevents hiring and new investment.
As prices rise, consumer demand falls, and companies
will drop employees, close entirely, or move to
other countries where the cost of doing business is
lower. The result is fewer opportunities for American
workers, lower incomes, less economic growth,
and higher unemployment.

Well this sounds familiar what I was saying above..Sounds like that 12-17% increase might not be entirely true after all huh? Please feel free to read more here:

thf..._media.s3.amazonaws.com/2015/pdf/BG3025.pdf
edit on 8/20/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can you promise my electric bill will only go up the price of a gallon of milk?
Cuz if you can, sign me up!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Not to mention how many jobs in coal mines are lost....But who cares about all that, right??

But think of all the Democrat votes that will be created just as soon as they're all forced on the public assistance roles ...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Can you promise my electric bill will only go up the price of a gallon of milk?
Cuz if you can, sign me up!

Maybe with the "proposed" amounts....But with millions of jobs lost and the effect on the economies the end customer will pay for that as well....People only see black and white on paper, that is not the case when the economy will be hurt...They have to have that money coming in from somewhere!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If one is lower income, it is not difficult to get HEAP, home energy assistance. The income threshold goes up every year and is generous in that regard. You can own a home and a car and receive it. It pays a good chunk of the winter gas. Not so much for electric, but a little.

Translation: If one is poor, it's not difficult to get everyone else to pay for your utilities. Where do you think that government money comes from? Thin air?

What happens when everyone needs HEAP? Who pays for it then? We can't all pay for each other.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You have to understand "democrat" to really understand what she is saying.

let me translate for the uninitiated:

"Milk is about to get very expensive"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The EPA dumping millions of gallons of toxic soup into the river hit pretty hard too.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me that you would make an OP like this.
Figures you guys would use the fear of economical strain in attempt to hoodwink us poor folks to be against climate change action.

edit on 20-8-2015 by jrod because: cellerror

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Totally right! Screw the poor.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
This has nothing to do with screwing the poor and everything to do with clever political tactics.
Screw the world, our oil based currency is more important!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No compassionate person would visit these job losses and increased costs on America's most vulnerable class of people. I don't know of anyone that supports this garbage except for the NWO types.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

She misspelled "majority"...

The people getting hurt the hardest by the EPA and their draconian laws are us small business owners. And not only are we the backbone of America, "we" are the majority! Once we're fined/taxed out of business, the only thing left will be the huge corporations (that everyone despises, yet still shops there) that get exempt status from the laws/fines/regulations/taxes that these idiots put in place.

As I'm typing this, I can hear IDOT(Illinois department of transportation) sand blasting the underneath of our newly built(last year) bridge that goes over a major creek. They're not even attempting to catch the contaminants falling into the water. Sand, rust, paint and other contaminants are freely falling into a tributary of the Illinois River, and most importantly, On the ground over our largest aquifer of fresh water. WTF is up with that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join