It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News- Greece: Alexis Tsipras RESIGNS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

ALEXIS TSIPRAS RESIGNS

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras will resign on Thursday to pave the way for early elections on Sept. 20, government officials said, hoping to quell a rebellion in his leftist Syriza party and seal support for a bailout program.

Tsipras's decision to return to the ballot box after seven bruising months in power deepens political uncertainty on the very day Greece began receiving funds under its third bailout program with foreign creditors.

But a snap election should allow Tsipras to capitalize on his popularity with Greek voters before the toughest parts of the program begin to bite, and may allow him to return to power in a stronger position without anti-bailout rebels in his radical left Syriza party to slow him down.

www.zerohedge.com...
www.reuters.com...

How devastating...he might actually be scared for his life; See the zero hedge article, that website conducts a good following on financial meltdown issues..
edit on 20-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is he being lined up for a European Commissioner role? He sold his country down the swanny and will probably be handed a nice little role within the E.U gravy train.

Ze Germans must be loving it.
edit on 20/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

ALEXIS TSIPRAS RESIGNS

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras will resign on Thursday to pave the way for early elections on Sept. 20, government officials said, hoping to quell a rebellion in his leftist Syriza party and seal support for a bailout program.

Tsipras's decision to return to the ballot box after seven bruising months in power deepens political uncertainty on the very day Greece began receiving funds under its third bailout program with foreign creditors.

But a snap election should allow Tsipras to capitalize on his popularity with Greek voters before the toughest parts of the program begin to bite, and may allow him to return to power in a stronger position without anti-bailout rebels in his radical left Syriza party to slow him down.

How devastating...he might actually be scared for his life; See the zero hedge article, that website conducts a good following on financial meltdown issues..

I suppose he had no choice, he didn't get the terms he wanted for the bailout.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Is he being lined up for a European Commissioner role? He sold his country down the swanny and will probably be handed a nice little role within the E.U gravy train.

This is just totally deformed and disturbing actually..he and his party are going to arrive voted in by the Greek populace, and then he and his party Varfoukis aside, will attempt to negotiate a deal with the Troika CEB have a referendum where the people vote against the bailout, which he chooses to sign nonetheless, all to have him resign after the first debt payment goes out? I am not sure that Germany is necessarily happy about this; I would think that Germany would see all of this maneouvering as particularly disturbing. It is nonetheless possible, that he was asked to resign by the EU group and members;

It feels like he is leaving his country ORPHANED;
edit on 20-8-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That would be only Schäuble. He believes in debt-slavery.

In my opinion it is irrational to increase the debt (by a staggering 85.000.000.000 EUR, what a satirical joke!) so the prior debts can be repaid.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

As part of the bailout proposals, the Greeks have been forced to sell their airports. Who has bought them do you think?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

We DO love it!

If Greece were to default on its debt today, it would cost every German capita around 750€ (60.000.000.000 €+).
That is something we evil Germans are REALLY excited about!

Tsipras helped to accomplish this highly desirable situation for us... so in exchange we will spare his family when we come to drink the blood of all the Greek children.
edit on 20-8-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

You stand to make €Billions even if Greece default on payments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Can anyone from Europe tell me if my idea of a vacation to Greece is a good or bad idea?

I thought it might be cheap right now, and perhaps I could find a safe area to stay while there...

With this news though, there might be a lot of social upheaval and being a tourist may not be the best idea...?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
She has some beautiful Islands, and tourism is all they have. If that goes, maybe she would have to sell some, but I'm sure the German Government will offset it against what it is owed and take possession? Well, their banks at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Can anyone from Europe tell me if my idea of a vacation to Greece is a good or bad idea?

I thought it might be cheap right now, and perhaps I could find a safe area to stay while there...

With this news though, there might be a lot of social upheaval and being a tourist may not be the best idea...?

I think it's safe to go, but you naturally want to find out from your consulate and make sure to learn about current events and issues there. You might choose to avoid the islands that are being hit by all of the Syrian refugees, Kos is one of them. There are a couple more islands though; Crete would probably be safe.

Otherwise, there are alot of tourists there currently so I don't think it would be a problem. I would have plenty of cash on hand though, just in case another problem occurs at ATM's and banks..
edit on 20-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

She has some beautiful Islands, and tourism is all they have. If that goes, maybe she would have to sell some, but I'm sure the German Government will offset it against what it is owed and take possession? Well, their banks at least.

I think you might be right, there had been some talk about selling islands to get out of the debt; I think it would be awful and hopefully Chase Manhattan JP Morgan Stanley won't do that. A couple of the islands though, are being inundated by Syrian refugees, and that might be something to consider.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I do. And I know a lot of people who would love to see some decent politics as well.

[...]And yet the German government did just this when finance minister Schaeuble threatened Greek exit from the euro, thus unashamedly revealing itself as Europe’s chief disciplinarian. The German government thereby made for the first time a manifest claim for German hegemony in Europe – this, at any rate, is how things are perceived in the rest of Europe, and this perception defines the reality that counts. I fear that the German government, including its social democratic faction, have gambled away in one night all the political capital that a better Germany had accumulated in half a century – and by “better” I mean a Germany characterised by greater political sensitivity and a post-national mentality.[...]

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Right now you would actually help them coming back on their feet, why not?

Their economy just relaxed a little due to all that tourism.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First of all it's not a war zone! You are "safe" where ever you want to go in Greece. We're all vaccinated and wont bite. Crete is a magical place to be right now. If you want some special places, I'll be glad to help you

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I do. And I know a lot of people who would love to see some decent politics as well.

[...]And yet the German government did just this when finance minister Schaeuble threatened Greek exit from the euro, thus unashamedly revealing itself as Europe’s chief disciplinarian. The German government thereby made for the first time a manifest claim for German hegemony in Europe – this, at any rate, is how things are perceived in the rest of Europe, and this perception defines the reality that counts. I fear that the German government, including its social democratic faction, have gambled away in one night all the political capital that a better Germany had accumulated in half a century – and by “better” I mean a Germany characterised by greater political sensitivity and a post-national mentality.[...]

www.theguardian.com...

The rest of Europe should find the money and assist Greece with these payments and then advise Germany where they can get off. But of course, we are far too submissive to the Federal Godfather.
edit on 20/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It sounds like Greece need their own "French Revolution". I guess Ponzi scheme's are only criminal when the high brows are the victims. Bernie Madoff was a man of this time.....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I am not from Greece but I live close by and as Hellas said, it is not a warzone there and it's perfectly safe to go.
Some of my friends are there now and some just returned recent and they went with their children too.
Have fun if you decide to go.

join