It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Female Churchgoer Attacked Inside Cathedral In Latest ‘Knockout Game’ Incident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Rezlooper

Media blackout? Are you sure it's just not that big of an issue to get full blown national coverage? I mean it certainly IS a travesty that this happened, but why are you insisting we have a full blown media circus over this? Things like this happen all the time in the country. Purse snatching is nothing new. Assaulting someone why you rob them is nothing new either. Heck even if it WAS racial, that isn't anything new either.

You know, not EVERY travesty in the country needs every media outlet in the country reporting on it. There's already enough depressing news in the news, and you are complaining because we can't have more.

Ignorant. So you're telling me that if two white trailer park kids ran into a black church and did this to an elderly black woman, there wouldn't be a media #storm all over this day and night, 24-7, every network and every black activist like Sharpton, screaming from the rooftops about how racist America is?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TheBulk

Because you are misunderstanding how it is being said.

When the knockout game is refereed to it is because the people doing it, the ones throwing the punch, call it that.
They think it is a game.

It is a crime, and if racial motives can be shown, a hate crime.

It is ALWAYS a hate crime. Unless you punch people in the head because you like them.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Rezlooper

Media blackout? Are you sure it's just not that big of an issue to get full blown national coverage? I mean it certainly IS a travesty that this happened, but why are you insisting we have a full blown media circus over this? Things like this happen all the time in the country. Purse snatching is nothing new. Assaulting someone why you rob them is nothing new either. Heck even if it WAS racial, that isn't anything new either.

You know, not EVERY travesty in the country needs every media outlet in the country reporting on it. There's already enough depressing news in the news, and you are complaining because we can't have more.

Ignorant. So you're telling me that if two white trailer park kids ran into a black church and did this to an elderly black woman, there wouldn't be a media #storm all over this day and night, 24-7, every network and every black activist like Sharpton, screaming from the rooftops about how racist America is?

Apparently you must remember the Dylan Roof situation differently than I do. Because what I remember was shortly after that happened the whole country was trying their DAMNEDEST not to accuse him of racism. That was until all his racist remarks came out and the conclusion was inevitable.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join