It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hear it all the time, but trust me it is right around the corner.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i hope it's true, i hope it happens. it's long overdue. it's the shock to the system our slumbering populations need.
edit on R2015th2015-08-20T19:41:02-05:0020150pm2314 by RoScoLaz4 because: spelling dammit

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Blue Shift
Reality is a stupid concept, giving more credibility after the hologram universe theory. Reality is here. I'm reality, earth, solar system and universe all real. Not virtual. I can easily comprehend what is real. When you don't go deep and attribute pointless notions and thought experiments/ bull crap sentences it's really simple. We don't live in a MIB locker. An amoeba isn't self aware but exists in reality.

You only percive things as real from your limited perspective. If your body can be put into a simulation that stimulates all your senses and allows for things such as interaction with other humans,and environments how would you know that it was not real and not fake? You could not if it was a perfect mirror of life.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i hope it's true, i hope it happens. it's long overdue. it's the shock to the system our slumbering poulations need.

Our hair would do like your avatar. Lets just hope they arent like the aliens from Mars attacks.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie
Can't relate to aliens travelling faster than the speed of light? How close do you think aliens are to earth?
I don't quite understand the response. Soz.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
I understand the point but I don't believe in a virtual reality world. Thought experiments like that give credit to the notion of reality. Does reality still exist we I'm hooked up to my machine. Yes it does. Does how my brain works affect the fabric of time and space no. Not at all. When I die does reality cease to exist. No. My perception of the world does but reality doesn't. Completely different. And a tree falling does make a sound whether or not I'm there just in case that was coming...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Disclosure has been ostensibly coming since I was ten years old (and probably before, but that's when I became transfixed by Ufology.) As the OP says his or herself, this has been claimed every year in perpetuity for decades upon decades.

No one longs for contact with friendly ETs more than I do. It is a dream embedded in my psyche since childhood. But age and skepticism have led me to conclude the probability of that dream ever being fulfilled is virtually nil.

So now it's 2015 because the "large greys" demand it. Okay. Wake me if and when it actually happens. I would like nothing more than for it to be true, but I will remain agnostically skeptical until there is proof, as I do about all things. Seriously, someone PM me or something if it happens. Nothing would make me happier. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: iksmodnad

Well isn't this interesting.

Quick question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a read of the OP in that thread.

Any of that sound familiar?

How interesting though? A couple of sleepers perhaps..enough to make this whole forum pure entertainment in somebody's perception, yet the sleepers persist, while others don't.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You may have read that the "large greys" require full disclosure by 2015, this is in fact true. It is not just the large greys who have demanded disclosure but over a dozen of other species. The US government agreed to these terms in the mid 80's but there are many deep in the military industrial complex, who would rather go to war with the ET's than acknowledge their presence.

OK this is the part that always gets me. An advanced civilization travels across a sea of stars to make contact with Humanity but is thwarted by it's obsolete military hell bent on war instead.

So the "basketball greys" are not willing to uncloak the mothership over Detroit because they must respect the wishes/demands of General Striker whom is really big bad and scary ? LOL

This is preposterous. Im done playing this silly game ive been done since Greer's lazer light shows and alien moths of years past. Its not like we dont get one of these "trust me disclosure is coming blah this is legit blah" threads at least every week especially in the summer. With the same old alien urban myth talk rehashed every time to boot. Its no different than when christians claim Jesus is going to return and when you ask why has Jesus been taking his sweet time the answer is always blame satan blah Gods plan blah. But in this belief system its blame the Government.

Its like this , the occupants of those craft will never be revealed because They dont want to be known. Because they call the shots because we are and have always been at the mercy of these entities. Notice i wont call them aliens. Because i simply dont know who they are or what any more than you do op. These things have been with us since we wrote on the cave walls. It will always be this way just accept it. Some things are better left unknown others will never be known. The phenomena will always be beyond our grasp.

The facilitators the custodians the care takers have a job to do. There is no reason to have small talk with the work.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Sorry, I got lost in the conversation until you made this comment, can you elaborate?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Well said!

Clap! Clap!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Some folks are into some of the modern
mythology experiments that sometimes
richichet around ATS.

Kev

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn
Please tell me this is not Greer you are citing .

I think OP made it pretty obvious , glad you noticed too.

Sounds like OP is under Steves Maharishi trickery ! OP left out the part where Steve talks about his awesme bod like a late night infomercial and his ever expanding beach front property. Disclosure has a price. Its several grand for a CSETI expedition to become an alien embassador having the honor of meeting a very dissapointing lazer show and then having to sign a non-disclosure agreement . Ironic isnt it ?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1
Trust me, when someone begins a story with "trust me", they are about to state an opinion based on what they wish to believe, but not give any proof whatsoever.

And, "trust me", if you really had this information, you wouldn't just be an anonymous poster on a little conspiracy website who was allowed to get away with it. "They" would have already came to your door and silenced you one way or another.

I would end this with "cool story, bro" - but it really wasn't. There are way better "pending disclosure" stories in the aliens and ufo forums already to entertain us.

This !

10/10

I still enjoy these threads. They remind me of a time when I was overwhelmed with Greer , Wilcock's new age/UFO rants and claims. Didnt take long for the allure to wear off though. Even after having my own UFO sighting and having to deal with the failure of MUFON's field investigators smh. UFOlogy is one of those things that have gone by way of a Star Trek convention. The government needs not employ disinfo agents and shills when the fringe does it for free.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have a hard time benevolent aliens would want to bring disclosure now, hell many are still racist of other human beings.

We can always dream of the day where we will see beyond this little planet, end poverty and sickness.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'd entertain perhaps the idea that alien civilizations were cooperating with governments of our planet to ensure a smooth disclosure of their existence... but not when prefaced with ludicrous claims that we have people living on other planets, and that we've been out of solar system in what.. the 1970s? You can't produce proof of this, because it's simply not true.

NASA and other government agencies of other countries would not maintain a farce of space exploration to appease the public if they are exploring well beyond anything we already know about already. You'll never convince me of this without hard proof, which I guarantee you can't produce. It's a ridiculous idea. 100's of thousands of man hours and billions or trillions of dollars on faux exploration programs across the world? I don't think so. If governments were well aware that disclosure was coming, they would have spent that time and money on something that would actually produce advancement in preparation for that magical disclosure date.

But this is typical... another "I know this guy but can't tell you who is he is, BUT.. everything I about to tell you and hope you accept on faith alone is like.. totally true!" sort of thread. Not a shred of proof. Just more words that mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well I don't know if this is the proper venue, but on that note I worked with someone for a brief time who was a career army corp engineer for decades.
I'm an architect and he became somewhat of a mentor. I asked him the 'alien government disclosure' question at some point because it became pertinent to what we were doing. He gave me an interesting story.

Paraphrasing from memory, he said they have been here longer then us and they do what they want, when they want, where they want. No one has control over anything they do or go, other then observation. Occasionally we get lucky and grab something but that never ends well, it's complicated. Diplomacy has been attempted on times but we have nothing to barter with. Our boys tried to figure out their intentions by getting close but no one truely knows. Maybe in a few thousand years we'll catch up if we're still around.
There will be no disclosure for the same reason a priest won't bring the devil to church to prove god exists.

It was this job and this man that became the reason I joined ats. I wanted answers, evidence that he was lying or telling the truth, I haven't found anything of value as of yet.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

That my friend (I'd like to be friends anyway), just adds
to 'modern mythology'; in fact nearly everything on ATS adds to
"modern mythology", including some of what I post, though I try to
defuse modern mythology, not add to it.

Now is it possible that some of these anomalous occurrences that
follow easy to understand and set patterns sometimes actualize
something like a "quantum many-worlds doorway" or something
like that? That something approaching "real" might "come through".

Sure, anythings possible. But it's far too easy to throw around the
word 'quantum' which really means "god did it" for a lot of people,
so I try not to use that term.

I super duper wish you the best in your search, and would love for
you to find what you are looking for, even if it does end up having
something to do with 'nuts and bolts' which I personally find to have
nearly zero chance.... given the large amount of evidence to the
contrary.. but who knows? We live in boring/strange world.

Kev

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's funny how 5 minutes can alter ones life forever. I've come to terms with this experience, though I do admit at times it makes more sense then any of the other thousand stories I've heard. But looking for evidence on the internet is pointless, the one lesson I've learned from all this.

As for the mythology I agree completely, that's why I would never start a thread about this experience. I'll let it die in obscurity instead.

And thank you for not asking what I was doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i hope it's true, i hope it happens. it's long overdue. it's the shock to the system our slumbering populations need.

Nope

THey would go "oh well they dont look like the movies" and go back to eating their hamburgers and complaining about Lions being shot on facebook

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

It's funny how 5 minutes can alter ones life forever. I've come to terms with this experience, though I do admit at times it makes more sense then any of the other thousand stories I've heard. But looking for evidence on the internet is pointless, the one lesson I've learned from all this.

As for the mythology I agree completely, that's why I would never start a thread about this experience. I'll let it die in obscurity instead.

And thank you for not asking what I was doing.

I understand completely. When I saw that one and only 'UFO' I've ever
seen, it threw my life into a direction I never expected.

Really, I think my major motivation for researching "UFOs" at present
is to get it done and solved and behind me, so that I can move onto
something interesting.

But this "UFO" thing, this "metaphysics" thing, this "religion" thing
is hurting a world full of innocent people.. so I may as well do my
civic duty and make a contribution in dispelling all this nonsense..
and also dispelling the nonsense of "atheism" and the other "ISMS".

Kev

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join